Zone1 Who should receive reparations, and who should be excluded?

They would morally be entitled to it for education if they did not get such a good standard of education. I don't know what your education is like. I think they also could need reparations because of being sent to jail for having some weed and because of the situation for people coming out of jail, unable to get a job, somewhere to stay or even help to eat they had pretty much no chance. Both of those would be the responsibility of your government and hence come out of taxes. If things are not repeated for the next generation, there would be no need for more reparations.
Reparations for having weed? Pu leeze

OK I am not American but I assume you are meaning that far more Black people proportionally are unemployed. However the reality is that while Black people are more likely to be unemployed they are more likely not to receive benefits Black Workers Are More Likely to Be Unemployed but Less Likely to Get Unemployment Benefits

so even taking it down to this base, black people do not have equality.
Blacks are more likely to be on welfare than whites, period. That means that whites are more likely to be paying for it than blacks.

Blacks are more likely to be on welfare than whites, period. That means that whites are more likely to be paying for it than blacks.

Depends what you define as Welfare.

The problem is, poor people get "Welfare" and white people get "entitlements".

So let's look at what the budgets are for these programs.

Entitlements

Social Security - $1,200,000,000,000.00
Medicare - 767,000,000,000.00
Unemployment - 24,090,000,000.00
Veteran's benefits- 161,000,000,000.00

So these are entitlements that mostly go to Middle Class White people, which keeps them from becoming poor. About 2.15 TRILLION in spending.

Now, let's compare that to programs that you would consider outright welfare/poverty relief. Let's leave aside the majority of people who collect these benefits are in fact white, because black people are MORE likely to be on these programs after 400 years of suppression.

SNAP (Food Stamps) 159,000,000,000.00
TANF 18,000,000,000.00
Section 8 65,000,000,000.00
WIC 7,000,000,000.00

So what we would call "Welfare" is a mere 249 BILLION. A little over 10% of what we spend on middle class entitlements.

Now, I did leave the best for last, and that is Medicaid. Medicaid does have a pretty big budget, about half of that of Medicare, about 400 billion. Another 300 billion is ponied up by the states. But 46% of that money goes to managed care for working poor people. 20% of it goes to elderly care. It would fall more into an entitlement than welfare. Frankly, if you are a poor person in reasonably good health, Medicaid is kind of meaningless to you.

This is the argument I pointed out to a few "conservatives" who can post here all day because they are on "disability".

Last edited:
And for the last 40 years, they have benefitted from the racist policies that discriminated against whites at the college admissions office. In fact, it’s the most blatant example of systemic racism.

I'm sorry, are there any white people who are actually being denied college, or are they just not getting the college of their choice.

"Oh, no, I had to go to State because that black kid went to Harvard" is hardly that big of an imposition. This is almost the definition of a first-world problem.

I didn't say that Ms Molly. I suggest you read again.
Yes you did

“I think they also could need reparations because of being sent to jail for having some weed and because of the situation for people coming out of jail, unable to get a job,”

Just for discussion purposes, let’s say reparations move forward. Who gets it, and who is exempt; and by the same token, which whites have to pay in and which are exempt?

Blacks to be excluded:

1) Since two out of three blacks were admitted to a college they would have been rejected from had they been white, they have already received reparations. Thus, blacks with a GPA and test score lower than ANY accepted white in their entering class clearly got in due to being black, and they will not get reparations.

2) Any black earning more than $75,000. This is about 50% more than the average earner, and thus they aren’t suffering because of past racism.

3) Any black whose family arrived here after 1965 If living in the South, or after 1865 if living in the North.

Whites who don’t have to pay reparations:

1) Any white student with a GPA above 3.4 who couldn’t get into medical school and had to give up their dream. Blacks got into med school with this GPA (some got in with a measly 3.2), and thus these whites have already paid the price.

2) Any white earning less than $50,000. They haven’t benefited from ”white privilege” and are most likely uneducated. They should not have to pay off blacks with a college degree.

3) Any white whose family arrived here after 1965 If living in the South, or 1865 if living in the North.
You don't decide this.

And this is a case against the government.

You don't decide this.

There isn't even a proposal before the national legislature. I suspect, states will raise the issue by plebiscite.

If that happens, I suspect it will be roundly defeated.

Yes you did

“I think they also could need reparations because of being sent to jail for having some weed and because of the situation for people coming out of jail, unable to get a job,”
You are clearly unaware of the situation in your country. I wrongly assumed you would know of it.

Here is what I said

I think they also could need reparations because of being sent to jail for having some weed and because of the situation for people coming out of jail, unable to get a job, somewhere to stay or even help to eat they had pretty much no chance. Both of these would be the responsibility of your government and hence would come out of taxes. If things are not repeated for the next generation, there would be no need for more reparations.
[/quote

Re being sent to jail for having weed. Whites and Blacks smoke weed about the same. There are a great many more whites than blacks in the US hence we would expect that whites would be of much higher numbers in jail for smoking weed. This however is not the case. Blacks are far more likely to find themselves in jail not infrequently for the very tiniest amount and not infrequently because it is planted on them. The rest of that sentence is what happens to them when they get out

and because of the situation for people coming out of jail, unable to get a job, somewhere to stay or even help to eat they had pretty much no chance.

People talk of the US 'Warehousing its Blacks' in jail on arguably fake charges with no hope when they get out because of how the system is set up. It is a total disgrace and another form of your endless racism.

To that I said
All this would be the responsibility of your government and hence would come out of taxes. If things are not repeated for the next generation, there would be no need for more reparations.

Whites should be paid reparations for all our tax money that has been spent on welfare checks going to blacks. Whites who lost university admissions and job opportunities to less qualified blacks because of affirmative action should be paid reparations. White victims of black criminals should receive reparations.

The reparation money should come from a user fee paid by blacks for the benefits of living in a civilization incomparably superior to anything blacks have built on their own. Blacks in the United States are better off economically and in health than blacks living in any black majority, black run country in the world.

You don't decide this.

And this is a case against the government.
I personally don’t decide this. But whites, who are the majority population, get the majority of the say, via their vote.

And the government doesn’t just get money off of trees. They collect it from taxpayers, of who, the majority is white. The cost for the $350* per month will be borne by white people (in the Jim Crow states).

*I halved the amount because, as you pointed out, one cannot compare the suffering of Holocaust concentration camp victims to Jim Crow blacks.

I personally don’t decide this. But whites, who are the majority population, get the majority of the say, via their vote.

And the government doesn’t just get money off of trees. They collect it from taxpayers, of who, the majority is white. The cost for the $350* per month will be borne by white people (in the Jim Crow states).

*I halved the amount because, as you pointed out, one cannot compare the suffering of Holocaust concentration camp victims to Jim Crow blacks.

Not sure why you are so worried about a tax that will be paid by RICH white people.

Forum List

Back