Zone1 The Dumbest Comment A Black Leader Has Ever Made

Status
Not open for further replies.

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
“There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. ... Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs ... There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well.”
Booker T. Washington

Booker T. Washington, My Larger Education, Garden CITY New York, Doubleday, Page & Company, 1911, pg. 118, Booker T. Washington. My Larger Education; Being Chapters from My Experience

In the history of black leadership in America, this comment by Washington is perhaps the dumbest of all time. Now I'm sure the usual suspects are going to jump in and try to teach me from their perspective of being white just how great these comments were for black people and how blacks like me should think just like Washington.

These words were written in 1910 or 1911. Jim Crow was the law of the land. Lynching was going on, blacks could get killed and the killer go free. Washington watched various black towns and neighborhoods burn to the ground. Sharecropping was going on with blacks basically returning to slavery. Black codes made it possible for blacks to be arrested for nothing and end up as part of convict leasing. I don't think Washington could vote without a poll tax since he lived in the south. With all that going on, Washington made his comment.

It was the dumbest comment a black leader has ever made.

“There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. ... Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs ... There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well.”
Booker T. Washington

Booker T. Washington, My Larger Education, Garden CITY New York, Doubleday, Page & Company, 1911, pg. 118, Booker T. Washington. My Larger Education; Being Chapters from My Experience

In the history of black leadership in America, this comment by Washington is perhaps the dumbest of all time. Now I'm sure the usual suspects are going to jump in and try to teach me from their perspective of being white just how great these comments were for black people and how blacks like me should think just like Washington.

These words were written in 1910 or 1911. Jim Crow was the law of the land. Lynching was going on, blacks could get killed and the killer go free. Washington watched various black towns and neighborhoods burn to the ground. Sharecropping was going on with blacks basically returning to slavery. Black codes made it possible for blacks to be arrested for nothing and end up as part of convict leasing. I don't thing Washington could vote without a poll tax since he lived in the south. With all that going on, Washington made his comment.

oh! That one hurt didn't it?

When I hear something that drives me insane like you hearing that, you have to always ask yourself..."Why does this bother me SO MUCH?" You'll see that it's the TRUTH in it that's rattled you

I see your hiding out in zone 1 again.
Is this so you can get any responses you don't like taken down?
Nothing says I am confident of my assertions quite like censoring unwelcome rebuttals
Booker T was a great man with a brilliant mind.
You- not so much

sowell-future.jpg

I would disagree with the first few words, and substitute "white liberal".
I disagree with the entire comment. I've worked with white liberals who really did help black communities so no, I won't be repeating right wing opinions. I have also worked with white conservatives who did the same, which is why I can say that none of these racists are conservatives, they are right wing extremists.

And Crusader, the comment bothered me because by Washington saying that, he made life tougher and more dangerous for every black person living in America at that time. And because of extremists like you who continue using this retarded opinion to deny your own racism, he has made life hard on blacks now. But you are doing as I predicted.

There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. ...

I agree….

To make this statement in 1911 with the amount of institutionalized racism that existed is puzzling.

A key to the Civil Rights movement in the 50s and 60s was to get the plight of the black citizens in front of the public.
Let the public see the beatings, lynchings, abuse by police and Justice system
That is how change came about

The general public saying…….This is not fair

Nothing says I am confident of my assertions quite like censoring unwelcome rebuttals
Booker T was a great man with a brilliant mind.
You- not so much

View attachment 674057
What am I supposed to be hiding from?

"Now I'm sure the usual suspects are going to jump in and try to teach me from their perspective of being white just how great these comments were for black people and how blacks like me should think just like Washington."

And just like an obedient little puppy, you show up with words from a black retard as if I'm going to take your advice about being black.

I agree….

To make this statement in 1911 with the amount of institutionalized racism that existed is puzzling.

A key to the Civil Rights movement in the 50s and 60s was to get the plight of the black citizens in front of the public.

Exactly.

Well said.

I agree….

We have gone completely to the side he railed against. And we have spent tens of trillions of dollars and pushed minorities into employment with lower test scores and even abilities for a half century at least. Test scores do not tell the true picture totally of course, but there is an effort. And there are people who have of course been denied because of what is called privilege. On the issue we have to stop with the guilting and believing it is one way of racism when it is two ways and entails more responsibility in behaviors.

Posting in Zone 1 requires participants to be decent and at least somewhat mature.

For many, it makes for more civil and interesting conversation.

For some, that's just asking too much.

What am I supposed to be hiding from?

"Now I'm sure the usual suspects are going to jump in and try to teach me from their perspective of being white just how great these comments were for black people and how blacks like me should think just like Washington."

And just like an obedient little puppy, you show up with words from a black retard as if I'm going to take your advice about being black.
You prove in every post what an obedient puppy you are to the govt poverty plantation & the race baiters pulling your puppet strings.

You hide here so that you can control the narrative so you have learned a little from your masters

You prove in every post what an obedient puppy you are to the govt poverty plantation & the race baiters pulling your puppet strings.

You hide here so that you can control the narrative so you have learned a little from your masters
What did he say that you disagree with?

What did he say that you disagree with?
Well, let's see: Booker T is a retard.
Booker T made the dumbest comment of all time from a black leader when he called out the race hustlers like ur2.

I disagree with all his race baiting posts.
Is that OK with you?

Well, let's see: Booker T is a retard.
Booker T made the dumbest comment of all time from a black leader when he called out the race hustlers like ur2.

I disagree with all his race baiting posts.
Is that OK with you?

What is race baiting?

He pointed out that given the conditions of Jim Crow America it was dumb for the most prestigious Black leader to criticize those who complain

Do you disagree with that ?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Booker T. Washington

These words were written in 1910 or 1911. Jim Crow was the law of the land. Lynching was going on, blacks could get killed and the killer go free. Washington watched various black towns and neighborhoods burn to the ground. Sharecropping was going on with blacks basically returning to slavery. Black codes made it possible for blacks to be arrested for nothing and end up as part of convict leasing. I don't think Washington could vote without a poll tax since he lived in the south. With all that going on, Washington made his comment.

He's simply stating a fact. I see no problem with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back