Zone1 Who should receive reparations, and who should be excluded?

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
Just for discussion purposes, let’s say reparations move forward. Who gets it, and who is exempt; and by the same token, which whites have to pay in and which are exempt?

Blacks to be excluded:

1) Since two out of three blacks were admitted to a college they would have been rejected from had they been white, they have already received reparations. Thus, blacks with a GPA and test score lower than ANY accepted white in their entering class clearly got in due to being black, and they will not get reparations.

2) Any black earning more than $75,000. This is about 50% more than the average earner, and thus they aren’t suffering because of past racism.

3) Any black whose family arrived here after 1965 If living in the South, or after 1865 if living in the North.

Whites who don’t have to pay reparations:

1) Any white student with a GPA above 3.4 who couldn’t get into medical school and had to give up their dream. Blacks got into med school with this GPA (some got in with a measly 3.2), and thus these whites have already paid the price.

2) Any white earning less than $50,000. They haven’t benefited from ”white privilege” and are most likely uneducated. They should not have to pay off blacks with a college degree.

3) Any white whose family arrived here after 1965 If living in the South, or 1865 if living in the North.

I don’t see why this generation of blacks deserve reparations while future generations of blacks do not

I don’t see why this generation of blacks deserve reparations while future generations of blacks do not
They would morally be entitled to it for education if they did not get such a good standard of education. I don't know what your education is like. I think they also could need reparations because of being sent to jail for having some weed and because of the situation for people coming out of jail, unable to get a job, somewhere to stay or even help to eat they had pretty much no chance. Both of those would be the responsibility of your government and hence come out of taxes. If things are not repeated for the next generation, there would be no need for more reparations.

Just for discussion purposes, let’s say reparations move forward. Who gets it, and who is exempt; and by the same token, which whites have to pay in and which are exempt?

Blacks to be excluded:

1) Since two out of three blacks were admitted to a college they would have been rejected from had they been white, they have already received reparations. Thus, blacks with a GPA and test score lower than ANY accepted white in their entering class clearly got in due to being black, and they will not get reparations.

2) Any black earning more than $75,000. This is about 50% more than the average earner, and thus they aren’t suffering because of past racism.

3) Any black whose family arrived here after 1965 If living in the South, or after 1865 if living in the North.

Whites who don’t have to pay reparations:

1) Any white student with a GPA above 3.4 who couldn’t get into medical school and had to give up their dream. Blacks got into med school with this GPA (some got in with a measly 3.2), and thus these whites have already paid the price.

2) Any white earning less than $50,000. They haven’t benefited from ”white privilege” and are most likely uneducated. They should not have to pay off blacks with a college degree.

3) Any white whose family arrived here after 1965 If living in the South, or 1865 if living in the North.

Lisa, I have to ask why you live in terror of black people getting stuff? This is the Republican scam at it's best. The top 20% control 87% of the wealth, the bottom 80% control 13% of the wealth. They've been slowly dismantling your middle class lifestyle since Ronnie Ray-gun changed the tax code and undermined unions. And you keep cheering them on.

It reminds me of the old joke about a Billionaire, a Teabagger and a Welfare recipient go into a restaurant. The waiter brings out a tray of 10 cookies, the Billionaire wolfs 9 of them down and says to the Teabagger, "That welfare queen wants half your cookie!"

There's a good reason WHY you let the black kid with the 3.2 score in to medical school over the kid with 3.4. Because that community is underserved. We don't have enough medical practitioners in the black community. We also don't have enough in the poor rural communities. Admission to college is not just about the one student, it's about the benefit the student brings to the entire community.

All that said, I don't think that reparations ARE the answer. Those who are affluent will just be getting a bonus check they don't need and those who aren't will quickly waste it because they haven't been given the life skills to take advantage of a one-time windfall.

Not to worry, given enough time, your Republican masters will solve this problem by making most white people as poor as blacks, and you'll cheer them on the whole time they are doing it.

Last edited:
So you think whites should be made the permanent slaves of blacks? Because forcing whites, who are guilty of nothing, to hand over a portion of their earnings to blacks, who weren’t slaves, is a form of that.

And what about the parameters I laid out in the OP? I mean you can’t honestly think that a white car mechanic whose family arrived here a generation ago and is now earning $40,000 should have a portion of his earnings confiscated to give to a black doctor, who is the son of a doctor (one of my black doctors is a 3rd generation doctor!) and is now earning $400,000, do you?

So you think whites should be made the permanent slaves of blacks? Because forcing whites, who are guilty of nothing, to hand over a portion of their earnings to blacks, who weren’t slaves, is a form of that.

And what about the parameters I laid out in the OP? I mean you can’t honestly think that a white car mechanic whose family arrived here a generation ago and is now earning $40,000 should have a portion of his earnings confiscated to give to a black doctor, who is the son of a doctor (one of my black doctors is a 3rd generation doctor!) and is now earning $400,000, do you?
The key phrase in your post is, "you can’t honestly think".

They would morally be entitled to it for education if they did not get such a good standard of education. I don't know what your education is like. I think they also could need reparations because of being sent to jail for having some weed and because of the situation for people coming out of jail, unable to get a job, somewhere to stay or even help to eat they had pretty much no chance. Both of those would be the responsibility of your government and hence come out of taxes. If things are not repeated for the next generation, there would be no need for more reparations.
What about black children whose parents went college, and even grad school, via affirmative action, and thus they grew up in middle class comfort? These next generation kids have benefited from the pro-black favoritism in admissions as far back as the 70s.

When you delve deeper, this whole reparations thing would be a mess to figure out.

Who should receive reparations, and who should be excluded?​

Receive: ME Excluded: Everyone else

greedy-man-18591918.jpg

White women have gotten more out of affirmative action than blacks ever have...

To be fair, women of every race have been more excluded from the workforce than any other minority. Especially heinous in that women aren't even a minority, just economically and socially subjugated to second-class status for all but a infinitesimal fraction of human history.

There's a good reason WHY you let the black kid with the 3.2 score in to medical school over the kid with 3.4. Because that community is underserved. We don't have enough medical practitioners in the black community.
That sounds great and a very logical argument except for one flaw.
The majority of blacks that graduate medical school and become doctors. Abandon the black community and move to white gated communities to set up their medical practice.

I don't see why any currently living person deserves reparations for something that happened hundreds of years ago

So now we have whites trying to determine eligibility for black reparations. Since whites did not do that for any other group, I suggest this thread be closed because it's a bait thread.

We are slowly finding out that we cannot blow ridiculous amounts of money anymore. Whether we heed the warning signals or not is something we will see.

Forum List

Back