Who have you met face to face on a message board?

Derideo_Te , Hossfly - care to do the honors?

:lol:

Met a few of the people IRL that I have encountered online. All of them were pleasant experiences. None were "romantic encounters", just meet ups of like minded individuals who were passing through or I was in the vicinity.

Stat was one of them and I have to say he is charming and caring person. Someone who I am honored to call my friend now.
Derideo_Te , I was in Germany for a month this summer and was supposed to meet up with Statistikhengst but we never get together. Then in the fall he informed me that he was flying to the states and would change flights in Charlotte. We met and spent a very pleasant afternoon drinking Starbucks and swapping lies. It would behoove anyone here to meet Stats and get to know him personally. (Even though he's a left leaning critter who is 3'4" tall and weighs 375lbs.)

Hossfly I met Stat on his stopover when returning to Germany and he mentioned that you were a fine southern gentleman of the old school variety. That makes you a rarity around here so you take good of yourself because we can't afford to lose you.

Met a few of the people IRL that I have encountered online. All of them were pleasant experiences. None were "romantic encounters", just meet ups of like minded individuals who were passing through or I was in the vicinity.

Stat was one of them and I have to say he is charming and caring person. Someone who I am honored to call my friend now.
Derideo_Te , I was in Germany for a month this summer and was supposed to meet up with Statistikhengst but we never get together. Then in the fall he informed me that he was flying to the states and would change flights in Charlotte. We met and spent a very pleasant afternoon drinking Starbucks and swapping lies. It would behoove anyone here to meet Stats and get to know him personally. (Even though he's a left leaning critter who is 3'4" tall and weighs 375lbs.)

Charlotte's right down the road from me. I coulda been a contenduh!

Ya snooze, ya lose! ;)

I think I met a total of 4 people in all the years I have been online (over 15 years). Three were really bad experiences...the one I mentioned, and two ladies at different times. *shudder*

I won't repeat what the ladies said. Still kinda hurts my feelers even now. Suffice it to say....I am kinda wary now. I would like to meet up, yes. But....I doubt if I ever would. Too paranoid now.
You have feelers?

Are they flippers, antenna, or whiskers?

I think I met a total of 4 people in all the years I have been online (over 15 years). Three were really bad experiences...the one I mentioned, and two ladies at different times. *shudder*

I won't repeat what the ladies said. Still kinda hurts my feelers even now. Suffice it to say....I am kinda wary now. I would like to meet up, yes. But....I doubt if I ever would. Too paranoid now.
You have feelers?

Oy, Gewalt!!!

I have met several people from message boards. Most of them were in regards to fantasy football and through message boards we started a very intense league and in time we would all meet in Las Vegas for the draft. Bally's did us right for a couple years by renting us out a ballroom and providing staff to help run the draft...it gave us a true "NFL experience" as all of use had our own tables with our team names on flags and we submitted our picks to the staff that made the announcement over the microphone. BIG thumbs up to Bally's for that.

But my best online meeting was this girl that I met on a Seahawks message board. We met talking Seahawks football 10 years ago and talked and talked and developed a great online friendship. One year I invited her to join me in Vegas for my fantasy league's draft weekend.She accepted and we met for the first time.

Long story short...I married her. She is my wife now.

I would say that we are the exception and not the rule. I would caution that most times it won't work out. For us...it did

Someone I know met a girl online and married her five months later.

He divorced her earlier this year when he caught her having an affair.

I have met several people from message boards. Most of them were in regards to fantasy football and through message boards we started a very intense league and in time we would all meet in Las Vegas for the draft. Bally's did us right for a couple years by renting us out a ballroom and providing staff to help run the draft...it gave us a true "NFL experience" as all of use had our own tables with our team names on flags and we submitted our picks to the staff that made the announcement over the microphone. BIG thumbs up to Bally's for that.

But my best online meeting was this girl that I met on a Seahawks message board. We met talking Seahawks football 10 years ago and talked and talked and developed a great online friendship. One year I invited her to join me in Vegas for my fantasy league's draft weekend.She accepted and we met for the first time.

I would say that we are the exception and not the rule. I would caution that most times it won't work out. For us...it did

With someone she met online?

I've been a member of another board for over 10 years. Not political, but music (band) related. When we had our first "Gathering" folks came from all over the country and some have attended from overseas.

It was an absolutely surreal trip to meet the folks I had gotten to know on that message board. We've repeated these gatherings numerous times over the years. Even had mini-gatherings with as few as 8 people. They usually coincide with a concert.

There are quite a few here that I would enjoy meeting in person. Including some of you dingbat Lib-tards. :slap:

I come from an eerily similar background involving a message board. The one I've been on for years I know almost everyone in real life at this point.

You have feelers?

Depends on my mood. ;)

With someone online? (the affair)

With someone online? (the affair)

I don't know. I didn't ask.

I've talked to Stat by email here when he first showed up and found him to be a genuinely nice person. We do not agree at all politically but he definitely seemed to me to be a very sincere person and supportive of Israel. He is also a very wonderful father. So that was good enough for me.

As for "our gang", Hossfly. I am believing for our first face to face meeting to be in heaven where we will have our Senior Statesman, Mr. E. give a speech about how I was right all along! Oh yeah! I'll be bringing my bull who is looking forward to being able to speak and tell us whats on his mind. (I'm believing for that too).

Funny thing is I believe we've all known each other longer than most bloggers on the internet and yet none of us have ever met face to face! ( that I know of )

Last edited:

I have a friend who met her husband on facebook and at first I was very against the idea except that he was a missionary and I knew that was her hearts desire to be on the mission field. So I decided to pray for her about it. It was after praying for her that I knew that was her husband. Problem was he didn't know and he wanted to continue to call her "friend" and made the declaration that he wasn't getting into any relationships and would remain single. I told her no he won't. That man is your husband! Guess what? Within a few months they were engaged and shortly thereafter? They were married. They travel to various countries sharing the Gospel and are happily married for several years now. So when God is in it? You're good to go!

Forum List

Back