Who have you met face to face on a message board?

I'd love to meet you too Gallant. I feel comfy with you as well.

I'd love to go to Ernies bar...but that is way too far away from me.
Maybe we should meet up, and you, me and Mr. Gracie make a road trip in the van to Ernie's bar...perhaps stopping by Foxy's place and a few others along the way?
lol. Long as MrG does not drink...go for it! I'll stay back with the goats and tend them while you two do the road trip. :lol:
ohhhkaayyy.... I'm sure the goats would not complain. Mr. G. might have a few objections, though. Can Mr. G. have Monster?
MrG knows I loathe road trips. He would be fine with it but good luck getting him to go anywhere too. Hand him a saw, a hammer, point where you want something done, and he will be a happy camper. :lol:

Belle has a new gig. She won't be back later unless it is a quick drive by. This is an old thread, anyway! ;)

I'd love to meet you too Gallant. I feel comfy with you as well.

I'd love to go to Ernies bar...but that is way too far away from me.
Maybe we should meet up, and you, me and Mr. Gracie make a road trip in the van to Ernie's bar...perhaps stopping by Foxy's place and a few others along the way?
lol. Long as MrG does not drink...go for it! I'll stay back with the goats and tend them while you two do the road trip. :lol:
ohhhkaayyy.... I'm sure the goats would not complain. Mr. G. might have a few objections, though. Can Mr. G. have Monster?
MrG knows I loathe road trips. He would be fine with it but good luck getting him to go anywhere too. Hand him a saw, a hammer, point where you want something done, and he will be a happy camper. :lol:
Hhhmmm...are you sure you guys wouldn't want to come up here for a summer? Anyone that handy would be more than welcome, and you've suggested recipes that just might fill the empty bellies, not to mention you affinity with critters. Yours would be most welcome, of course.

Derideo_Te , Hossfly - care to do the honors?

:lol:

Met a few of the people IRL that I have encountered online. All of them were pleasant experiences. None were "romantic encounters", just meet ups of like minded individuals who were passing through or I was in the vicinity.

Stat was one of them and I have to say he is charming and caring person. Someone who I am honored to call my friend now.
Derideo_Te , I was in Germany for a month this summer and was supposed to meet up with Statistikhengst but we never get together. Then in the fall he informed me that he was flying to the states and would change flights in Charlotte. We met and spent a very pleasant afternoon drinking Starbucks and swapping lies. It would behoove anyone here to meet Stats and get to know him personally. (Even though he's a left leaning critter who is 3'4" tall and weighs 375lbs.)

I too enjoyed meeting both of you, although since Hosscritter was 2'9" tall and weigned 620 lbs and Deri was 8'4" and weighed all of 22 lbs, it was hard to find a good place to sit!! :rofl: I then examined your extreme Right-Wing disease, Hosscritter, and decided it was incurable, just like my extreme Left-Wing disease!!

Actually, it was a true pleasure meeting you, both of you. What fine, upstanding gentlemen both of you are.

And Pogo, next time, I got you in my crosshairs!!!

As long as most can agree to disagree, common ground can often be found.

If I weren't blind in one eyeball, an iffy unreliable landlord, didn't have the two old dogs...I would be in yer area for the summer, yes. Help you do all kinds of things. But I gotta get this eye fixed so I can see the chores you have that need done. But..ya never know. Never say never, says I. ;)

Derideo_Te , Hossfly - care to do the honors?

Met a few of the people IRL that I have encountered online. All of them were pleasant experiences. None were "romantic encounters", just meet ups of like minded individuals who were passing through or I was in the vicinity.

Stat was one of them and I have to say he is charming and caring person. Someone who I am honored to call my friend now.
Derideo_Te , I was in Germany for a month this summer and was supposed to meet up with Statistikhengst but we never get together. Then in the fall he informed me that he was flying to the states and would change flights in Charlotte. We met and spent a very pleasant afternoon drinking Starbucks and swapping lies. It would behoove anyone here to meet Stats and get to know him personally. (Even though he's a left leaning critter who is 3'4" tall and weighs 375lbs.)

I've talked to Stat by email here when he first showed up and found him to be a genuinely nice person. We do not agree at all politically but he definitely seemed to me to be a very sincere person and supportive of Israel. He is also a very wonderful father. So that was good enough for me.

As for "our gang", Hossfly. I am believing for our first face to face meeting to be in heaven where we will have our Senior Statesman, Mr. E. give a speech about how I was right all along! Oh yeah! I'll be bringing my bull who is looking forward to being able to speak and tell us whats on his mind. (I'm believing for that too).

Funny thing is I believe we've all known each other longer than most bloggers on the internet and yet none of us have ever met face to face! ( that I know of )
I was always impressed by his love for his daughter. She's a child blessed with a papa who loves her, dotes on her, and will see that she always has the best of everything.

Stat and I have/are/will/might bump heads. We do not see eye to eye on many things recently. But..he IS a nice guy. He IS an awesome father. Nobody can take that away from him..except those who refuse to put aside their tunnel vision.
I just work my ass off und love my kids. ..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
Kids? You have another one now? I recall a daughter...

Stat has been MIA for some time now. He arrived soon after boop, because she kept insisting he come here. So he did, and was immediately picked on because of his friendship for her. Then she turned on him (no surprise, that) and he never did get a chance to be himself. I never met him, and we did bump heads from time to time, but I always liked him. If ya can't see eye to eye on everything, you'd be bored with each other, yes? He does indeed love his daughter and makes sure she has all she needs...along with her Papa who adores her. He IS a nice guy. He just finally had enough and put on his armor and never took it off. But being harassed and poked all the time can be tiring to the spirit and the soul. I guess he got tired. Wherever he is..I hope he is well.

Stat and I have/are/will/might bump heads. We do not see eye to eye on many things recently. But..he IS a nice guy. He IS an awesome father. Nobody can take that away from him..except those who refuse to put aside their tunnel vision.
I just work my ass off und love my kids. ..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
Kids? You have another one now? I recall a daughter...
I think he was refering to his dog Klia, before she died. Like I said..this is an old thread.

That is true and although we may not agree on some things I would never deny that you are among the most interesting, compassionate people on USMB, Gracie. You make this board. You are very bright, you are amazingly creative ( art work on wood, paint designs, photography) and a very interesting person all around. Your ideas for topic discussions are bar none the best. Not flattery. Just fact.

USMB is blessed to have you as a member.
I still believe that about Gracie! When I think of USMB I think of Gracie. If there were a queen on the board here - she would be it. No one here comes close to her when it comes to contributions to USMB that interest a wide range of people. How many people can you say that about? Another thing I appreciate about her - she isn't a liar. She will tell you what she thinks whether it is well received or not.

When she shows up she has something to say and something to share and I find her interesting.

Stat has been MIA for some time now. He arrived soon after boop, because she kept insisting he come here. So he did, and was immediately picked on because of his friendship for her. Then she turned on him (no surprise, that) and he never did get a chance to be himself. I never met him, and we did bump heads from time to time, but I always liked him. If ya can't see eye to eye on everything, you'd be bored with each other, yes? He does indeed love his daughter and makes sure she has all she needs...along with her Papa who adores her. He IS a nice guy. He just finally had enough and put on his armor and never took it off. But being harassed and poked all the time can be tiring to the spirit and the soul. I guess he got tired. Wherever he is..I hope he is well.
Good morning, Gracie. I didn't know he left. I need to read more often. Thanks for the info.

id meet any person if it took no effort

very few once effort is involved

Stat is still around , and is doing fine

Guno, now that she mentions it I do not know the last time I saw Stat write a post. Are you sure about that?

Guno, now that she mentions it I do not know the last time I saw Stat write a post. Are you sure about that?
yep
Yep, Stat hovers around here and lingers like a bad smell. However, people should message him and have him send them some of his videos. Stat is famous in his part of the world for his magnificent singing voice and even if you can't understand German or Italian you'll like his music.

How did it turn out? All that you thought you knew..or an unpleasant surprise?

And if you haven't gotten together with anyone, who would you WANT to meet face to face? (This can be either as just friends, or as a romantic interest).

And...would you meet up with someone even if there were no interest from that person?

Personally for me....a resounding NO on all three. Why? Because it took two times for me to realize that some folks are not what they seem, then run back to the board in question and say bad shit about ya. So...thanks but no thanks.
Gracie, I assure you, I am not the man everyone assumes I am. But I doubt there would ever be a reason for me to say bad shit about you if I met you in person. You might have a few gems to share about me...
That was then. This is now. No, I still would not want to meet anyone from here except a scant few. You would be top of the list cuz yer my buddy. :)
Hey!

Forum List

Back