Who have you met face to face on a message board?

Stat and I have/are/will/might bump heads. We do not see eye to eye on many things recently. But..he IS a nice guy. He IS an awesome father. Nobody can take that away from him..except those who refuse to put aside their tunnel vision.

Stat and I have/are/will/might bump heads. We do not see eye to eye on many things recently. But..he IS a nice guy. He IS an awesome father. Nobody can take that away from him..except those who refuse to put aside their tunnel vision.
That is true and although we may not agree on some things I would never deny that you are among the most interesting, compassionate people on USMB, Gracie. You make this board. You are very bright, you are amazingly creative ( art work on wood, paint designs, photography) and a very interesting person all around. Your ideas for topic discussions are bar none the best. Not flattery. Just fact.

USMB is blessed to have you as a member.

We had a USMB reunion a few years ago

OurGangPic.jpg

No more meet ups please! I'm running out of places to put the bodies!
:rofl:

I have several times. I'll bbl later to explain
Several years ago a friend and I made a two week 'roomie trip'. I flew to California. We drove to Vegas and spent a few days there. We flew to Virginia and rented a car. We drove/flew our way to Florida. Then we drove/flew up the East coast, meeting with and/or picking up others along the way.

The trip involved about 15 people.
Only one of them stood us up...but he did pay for our hotel room in Stuart.

Gracie, you are almost as crazy as I. Lol. .. but you are fun to tete a tete with.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Gracie, you are almost as crazy as I. Lol. .. but you are fun to tete a tete with.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
Almost????
Gesundheit! :lol:

Is it possible to meet "face to face on a message board?" Is this done with something like SKYPE? And wouldn't meeting 'face to face' on a SKYPE type of platform amount to merely an imitation or simulacrum?

How did it turn out? All that you thought you knew..or an unpleasant surprise?

And if you haven't gotten together with anyone, who would you WANT to meet face to face? (This can be either as just friends, or as a romantic interest).

And...would you meet up with someone even if there were no interest from that person?

Personally for me....a resounding NO on all three. Why? Because it took two times for me to realize that some folks are not what they seem, then run back to the board in question and say bad shit about ya. So...thanks but no thanks.
Gracie, I assure you, I am not the man everyone assumes I am. But I doubt there would ever be a reason for me to say bad shit about you if I met you in person. You might have a few gems to share about me...

How did it turn out? All that you thought you knew..or an unpleasant surprise?

And if you haven't gotten together with anyone, who would you WANT to meet face to face? (This can be either as just friends, or as a romantic interest).

And...would you meet up with someone even if there were no interest from that person?

Personally for me....a resounding NO on all three. Why? Because it took two times for me to realize that some folks are not what they seem, then run back to the board in question and say bad shit about ya. So...thanks but no thanks.
Gracie, I assure you, I am not the man everyone assumes I am. But I doubt there would ever be a reason for me to say bad shit about you if I met you in person. You might have a few gems to share about me...
That was then. This is now. No, I still would not want to meet anyone from here except a scant few. You would be top of the list cuz yer my buddy. :)

I'd love to meet you too Gallant. I feel comfy with you as well.

I'd love to go to Ernies bar...but that is way too far away from me.
Maybe we should meet up, and you, me and Mr. Gracie make a road trip in the van to Ernie's bar...perhaps stopping by Foxy's place and a few others along the way?
lol. Long as MrG does not drink...go for it! I'll stay back with the goats and tend them while you two do the road trip. :lol:

Yeah, Ernie's would be a great place to hold a get together, wouldn't it...if he'd have us. I guarantee, if you ever met me, you would be very surprised I think.
How so? (being surprised?).

Hey Ern! You be gettin' comp'ny maybe, lol.
It's just that the "real" me fails to deliver what most people assume. I disappoint some and delight others. I suppose it depends on what one expects.

Maybe we should meet up, and you, me and Mr. Gracie make a road trip in the van to Ernie's bar...perhaps stopping by Foxy's place and a few others along the way?
lol. Long as MrG does not drink...go for it! I'll stay back with the goats and tend them while you two do the road trip. :lol:
ohhhkaayyy.... I'm sure the goats would not complain. Mr. G. might have a few objections, though. Can Mr. G. have Monster?

Forum List

Back