Who have you met face to face on a message board?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
How did it turn out? All that you thought you knew..or an unpleasant surprise?

And if you haven't gotten together with anyone, who would you WANT to meet face to face? (This can be either as just friends, or as a romantic interest).

And...would you meet up with someone even if there were no interest from that person?

Personally for me....a resounding NO on all three. Why? Because it took two times for me to realize that some folks are not what they seem, then run back to the board in question and say bad shit about ya. So...thanks but no thanks.

I've been a member of another board for over 10 years. Not political, but music (band) related. When we had our first "Gathering" folks came from all over the country and some have attended from overseas.

It was an absolutely surreal trip to meet the folks I had gotten to know on that message board. We've repeated these gatherings numerous times over the years. Even had mini-gatherings with as few as 8 people. They usually coincide with a concert.

There are quite a few here that I would enjoy meeting in person. Including some of you dingbat Lib-tards. :slap:

I've been a member of another board for over 10 years. Not political, but music (band) related. When we had our first "Gathering" folks came from all over the country and some have attended from overseas.

It was an absolutely surreal trip to meet the folks I had gotten to know on that message board. We've repeated these gatherings numerous times over the years. Even had mini-gatherings with as few as 8 people. They usually coincide with a concert.

There are quite a few here that I would enjoy meeting in person. Including some of you dingbat Lib-tards. :slap:

We'd know by now not to stand to your left....

We'd know by now not to stand to your left....

He's become a verb.

Do NOT make me Mr. H you.

One of the guys I met...well...it didn't turn out very well. It was his fiance' and himself and I was a bit hesitant to begin with....but since he was already in town and knew where I worked (he called when he got in town so it was a surprise visit), there wasn't much I could do. So...he got there when I clocked out of work and we made arrangements for him to follow me home so they could visit Mr. Gracie and I.
It was a horrid visit. And when he got back home...it was even worse when he got on the board. Oy.

I can't think of anybody I've met from a political board. Had an invite from Ernie but it's kinda out of my way.

If it came up I'd like to meet some of the women I've mixed it up with. :meow::whip:

Sparks, baby.

And LiberalMedia for her unique sense of satire.
And of course.. Lady QuaQua :smiliehug:

AquaAthena

Last edited:
Derideo_Te , Hossfly - care to do the honors?

:lol:

Met a few of the people IRL that I have encountered online. All of them were pleasant experiences. None were "romantic encounters", just meet ups of like minded individuals who were passing through or I was in the vicinity.

Stat was one of them and I have to say he is charming and caring person. Someone who I am honored to call my friend now.

I've met with several others from various boards I've posted on. We had a blast and there were repeat meetings. Surprises, indeed there were, but pleasant ones. I still periodically correspond with a few, too. Who they are...well, that doesn't need to be said. Are there some here I would like to meet in person, yes, indeed. Are there some I'd rather leave to rot in their own self-made hells...yes to that, too.
Gracie, for the record, I think you would be a nice person to meet face-to-face. While I do not always agree with you, I think we could find plenty of common ground.

Of course I would bring the van! Come on over. I'll treat ya to clam chowder at the best place in town. Yummy!

I'd love to meet you too Gallant. I feel comfy with you as well.

I'd love to go to Ernies bar...but that is way too far away from me.

Of course I would bring the van! Come on over. I'll treat ya to clam chowder at the best place in town. Yummy!

I luuuuv clam chowder. But .... West Coast clam chowder? :uhh:

Nah, y'all come over here. We'll go get the real stuff. I know a place in Jersey.
We'll pick up DT. Spoonman knows the place I'm talking about.

I think I met a total of 4 people in all the years I have been online (over 15 years). Three were really bad experiences...the one I mentioned, and two ladies at different times. *shudder*

I won't repeat what the ladies said. Still kinda hurts my feelers even now. Suffice it to say....I am kinda wary now. I would like to meet up, yes. But....I doubt if I ever would. Too paranoid now.

Forum List

Back