Who have you met face to face on a message board?

I have spoke to 3 on the phone a couple times, and almost went to a meet-up in PA a few years back, but was unable to make it. This was of course a different forum.
I would only be willing to meet someone after verifying their true identity, and that identity matches their online persona.
If I am ever in CA, I am definitely going to look up Trajan, too bad he isn't around here anymore. I would love to quaff a few beers with him, then steal his Mustang.

I'd love to meet you too Gallant. I feel comfy with you as well.

I'd love to go to Ernies bar...but that is way too far away from me.
Yeah, Ernie's would be a great place to hold a get together, wouldn't it...if he'd have us. I guarantee, if you ever met me, you would be very surprised I think.
How so? (being surprised?).

Hey Ern! You be gettin' comp'ny maybe, lol.

Of course I would bring the van! Come on over. I'll treat ya to clam chowder at the best place in town. Yummy!

I luuuuv clam chowder. But .... West Coast clam chowder? :uhh:

Nah, y'all come over here. We'll go get the real stuff. I know a place in Jersey.
We'll pick up DT. Spoonman knows the place I'm talking about.
Hey!!! Pismo Beach has the BEST clams in da world, bub!! YUM!

While I wouldn't want to actually meet them, there are some right wingers I would like evidence they actually function. From the things they say and the things they believe, it's questionable. And I'm being completely serious.

Of course I would bring the van! Come on over. I'll treat ya to clam chowder at the best place in town. Yummy!

I luuuuv clam chowder. But .... West Coast clam chowder? :uhh:

Nah, y'all come over here. We'll go get the real stuff. I know a place in Jersey.
We'll pick up DT. Spoonman knows the place I'm talking about.
Hey!!! Pismo Beach has the BEST clams in da world, bub!! YUM!

OK, there's only one way to settle this --- side by side taste test.
They're a bit far apart but that's OK, we'll take your van. :D

I'm a member of a couple of different science forums and have met members over the years. Most of the time it's been very pleasant. A couple of times one of the folks who showed up was a tad weird, but for the most part it's been fine.

I'd love to meet you too Gallant. I feel comfy with you as well.

I'd love to go to Ernies bar...but that is way too far away from me.
Yeah, Ernie's would be a great place to hold a get together, wouldn't it...if he'd have us. I guarantee, if you ever met me, you would be very surprised I think.
How so? (being surprised?).

Hey Ern! You be gettin' comp'ny maybe, lol.
While I am everything I have ever claimed, there are some things I refrain from discussing on the open forum, like minority status, and mostly religious leanings. Neither are pertinent to lots of discussions. I may have alluded to some personal issues, especially to you, but just don't like tossing meat like that to the hyenas that often lurk on an anonymous forum.

I have, from this board...and it was a very pleasant experience. ;)

I just wish I were closer to some of you...I would love to meet up with you, Gracie...Ropey of course, I'd like to meet up with the Boss Man CK some day...and a few others...:)

Back in 2005 when I saw country singer Trace Adkins in Kingsport Tennessee, I ran across a lady who, like me, was a member of the message forum at his official website. :) :) :)

God bless you and her and Trace always!!! :) :) :)

Holly (a day one fan of him)

Derideo_Te , Hossfly - care to do the honors?

:lol:

Met a few of the people IRL that I have encountered online. All of them were pleasant experiences. None were "romantic encounters", just meet ups of like minded individuals who were passing through or I was in the vicinity.

Stat was one of them and I have to say he is charming and caring person. Someone who I am honored to call my friend now.
Derideo_Te , I was in Germany for a month this summer and was supposed to meet up with Statistikhengst but we never get together. Then in the fall he informed me that he was flying to the states and would change flights in Charlotte. We met and spent a very pleasant afternoon drinking Starbucks and swapping lies. It would behoove anyone here to meet Stats and get to know him personally. (Even though he's a left leaning critter who is 3'4" tall and weighs 375lbs.)

Last edited:
Derideo_Te , Hossfly - care to do the honors?

:lol:

Met a few of the people IRL that I have encountered online. All of them were pleasant experiences. None were "romantic encounters", just meet ups of like minded individuals who were passing through or I was in the vicinity.

Stat was one of them and I have to say he is charming and caring person. Someone who I am honored to call my friend now.
Derideo_Te , I was in Germany for a month this summer and was supposed to meet up with Statistikhengst but we never get together. Then in the fall he informed me that he was flying to the states and would change flights in Charlotte. We met and spent a very pleasant afternoon drinking Starbucks and swapping lies. It would behoove anyone here to meet Stats and get to know him personally. (Even though he's a left leaning critter who is 3'4" tall and weighs 375lbs.)

Charlotte's right down the road from me. I coulda been a contenduh!

No one from this board, at least not in person. Phone call, went fine. I am and always have been open to meeting anyone interested in sharing a drink, with or without alcohol, and conversation. I don't care about their political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, or race. Though I must say, I'd prefer not to hang with bigots... Does that make me a bigot? Anyway... Too many interesting people in the world to eliminate entire groups because of our differences.

Now, I have met and bent an elbow with several members from another board. That went great and I look forward to doing it again some day.

I have met several people from message boards. Most of them were in regards to fantasy football and through message boards we started a very intense league and in time we would all meet in Las Vegas for the draft. Bally's did us right for a couple years by renting us out a ballroom and providing staff to help run the draft...it gave us a true "NFL experience" as all of use had our own tables with our team names on flags and we submitted our picks to the staff that made the announcement over the microphone. BIG thumbs up to Bally's for that.

But my best online meeting was this girl that I met on a Seahawks message board. We met talking Seahawks football 10 years ago and talked and talked and developed a great online friendship. One year I invited her to join me in Vegas for my fantasy league's draft weekend.She accepted and we met for the first time.

Long story short...I married her. She is my wife now.

I would say that we are the exception and not the rule. I would caution that most times it won't work out. For us...it did

I've been a member of another board for over 10 years. Not political, but music (band) related. When we had our first "Gathering" folks came from all over the country and some have attended from overseas.

It was an absolutely surreal trip to meet the folks I had gotten to know on that message board. We've repeated these gatherings numerous times over the years. Even had mini-gatherings with as few as 8 people. They usually coincide with a concert.

There are quite a few here that I would enjoy meeting in person. Including some of you dingbat Lib-tards. :slap:

My forums like that. We replaced another one centered around a talk/comedy radio station. We pretty much all know each other, partied together and so on. Facebook has killed most forums like that.

Forum List

Back