Who created God?

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
That's the question asked by atheists. Then they answer the question with...Man created God.

Hey, if I created God, God wouldn't be anything close to the one Christians, Muslims and Jews perceive. My God wouldn't be vengeful, or self centered, or spiteful. My God wouldn't say "Thou shall not kill", and then tell the "chosen" to go kill all the inhabitants of the "holy land" and take their land. And my God wouldn't be a bigot, choosing one race over another. My God wouldn't send his creation to hell for their mistakes, or because they didn't believe in a certain religion. My God wouldn't cause terrible disasters that wipe out millions of people. My God wouldn't cause billions of people to suffer their whole lives.
My God wouldn't have anything to do with anything negative.

So I don't buy their perceptions of God. But I don't get to decide what God is. I can't make God be what I want. But I can have my own perceptions of God. And I think that's why atheists don't except God...because they don't want to capitulate to the God of those religions. Those religions actually drive people away from God, instead of to God.

"That's the question asked by atheists."

Actually not.

Those free from faith know that 'god' doesn't exist as perceived by theists, and that religion and 'god' are creations of man, the consequence of man's fear and ignorance.

Actually not.

Those free from faith know that 'god' doesn't exist as perceived by theists, and that religion and 'god' are creations of man, the consequence of man's fear and ignorance.

When I was a child, I did ask such questions and came to only possible conclusion: Humans invented all the gods as well as the various social clubs they call "religions".

Because "shit happens", they had to make up reasons for the gods' indefensible actions so they came up with such stuff as "god moves in mysterious ways", "its god's will".

Interesting reading:

The universe has always existed Physicalism

No Big Bang Quantum equation predicts universe has no beginning

Language is so present for our race that we tend to forget its limitations. 'God' is at best a metaphorical expression for what appears to us to be a presence in the universe of more and other than just 'stuff', matter. When one experiences this, there is the all-too-human inclination to slap a noun on it and think it is then known.

There is nothing wrong with associating one's personal revelation with the name and idea of 'God'.

It is absurd to think that anyone else would have the identical revelation.

It is criminal to try to force one's revelation upon anyone else.

Actually not.

When I was a child, I did ask such questions and came to only possible conclusion: Humans invented all the gods as well as the various social clubs they call "religions".

Because "shit happens", they had to make up reasons for the gods' indefensible actions so they came up with such stuff as "god moves in mysterious ways", "its god's will".

Interesting reading:

Seems to me, you're throwing out "cause and effect" along with positive/negative...and truth and untruth. One ginormous freak accident. To me, that's far more preposterous than God.

Actually not.

No one is free from faith. You have faith that God doesn't exist. But you don't know it any more than anyone that has faith that God does exist.

Fascinating how words can be constructed in such a way as to seem to make sense without really doing so.

Saying that a person who does not believe in God has faith that God does not exist is a possible grammatical construction, but does not support closer examination.

Have wondered similarly, did God evolve to being "GOD" or did it have humbler beginnings? Did God pop into being all at once, creating itself? Or did it begin as a flesh and blood organism who over time became "God?"

As science continues to evolve, God's acts seem less and less godlike, and more and more science-like. Never does stuff that defies science. Never saves people from life and death situations though we think he should. Lets bad stuff happen all the time. The way people sometimes describe God's acts may defy science, but when we look at the actual texts they're simply using their limited lexicons best they can to describe the things God does.

If we sent someone trained in CPR back to the Bible times and somoene whose heart had stopped and seemed dead, but was revived with 'laying on of hands' via CPR, wouldn't they have called that a miracle from God? To us it's mundane if impressive. But to people thousands of years ago it'd have been positively godlike.

Would help if people defined the words they were arguing over, since all cultures , religions, sects within, followers have different concepts/perceptions of shared terms, that ironically never get defined in discussing them.
One of those words is God.
It's a joke to see atheist and agnostics and various religious folks argue about words they mistake in definition and perceptions because they adopt one christian perception of the word as if other cultures would not know their own concepts that christianity borrowed and abused by reinventing the meanings and precepts of.
Ironically this means even non christians become victims as much as the followers for these mistakes, because they mistakingly become the blinded view ever concept is based on, no mstter how wrong they were. They influenced even non believers to the same mistakes thus tainted how you perceive even the simplest concepts.

That being said: Abraham understood God (source & power of life) could not be a man, nor idol, nor sun, nor wind, or anything that had a further source in creating it.
This means those ancient alien, idol, icon god believers can't explain why their gods have a creator or justify their worship and submission to them. Thus the Hebrew G-d is not a man thus has no name (just descriptions) and is seen as an Essence describing creation, one that we sre to reflect and manifest to be in line with our creation and purpose within. For people to pretend to understand Judaism when they break the simplest of concepts not to anthropromorphize G-d through how they perceive a vindictive angry man, is a joke. That deification aspect of perceiving the word God is through man/god religions, and bunching those concepts together with Judaism
is evidence of what I am saying here. That false concept taints how you view more rational precepts and thus they not only fool their flock, but also those pretending to be to smart to be deceived.

Would help if people defined the words they were arguing over, since all cultures , religions, sects within, followers have different concepts/perceptions of shared terms, that ironically never get defined in discussing them.
One of those words is God.
It's a joke to see atheist and agnostics and various religious folks argue about words they mistake in definition and perceptions because they adopt one christian perception of the word as if other cultures would not know their own concepts that christianity borrowed and abused by reinventing the meanings and precepts of.
Ironically this means even non christians become victims as much as the followers for these mistakes, because they mistakingly become the blinded view ever concept is based on, no mstter how wrong they were. They influenced even non believers to the same mistakes thus tainted how you perceive even the simplest concepts.

That being said: Abraham understood God (source & power of life) could not be a man, nor idol, nor sun, nor wind, or anything that had a further source in creating it.
This means those ancient alien, idol, icon god believers can't explain why their gods have a creator or justify their worship and submission to them. Thus the Hebrew G-d is not a man thus has no name (just descriptions) and is seen as an Essence describing creation, one that we sre to reflect and manifest to be in line with our creation and purpose within. For people to pretend to understand Judaism when they break the simplest of concepts not to anthropromorphize G-d through how they perceive a vindictive angry man, is a joke. That deification aspect of perceiving the word God is through man/god religions, and bunching those concepts together with Judaism
is evidence of what I am saying here. That false concept taints how you view more rational precepts and thus they not only fool their flock, but also those pretending to be to smart to be deceived.
The Hebrew God has more than one name....Elohim is one.

Actually not.

Interesting reading:

Seems to me, you're throwing out "cause and effect" along with positive/negative...and truth and untruth. One ginormous freak accident. To me, that's far more preposterous than God.
This fails as an appeal to ignorance fallacy.

That the origins of the universe might not be known doesn't mean 'god' is the 'answer.'

Actually not.

No one is free from faith. You have faith that God doesn't exist. But you don't know it any more than anyone that has faith that God does exist.
Incorrect.

It takes neither 'belief' nor 'faith' to acknowledge the fact that 'god' doesn't exist as perceived by theists.

The mistake theists make is to presume the 'fact' of 'god,' when in fact theism is the aberration, the contrivance, the myths created by man as a consequence of his fear and ignorance.

One cannot not 'believe' in something that never existed to begin with, to reject the contrivance of religion is to recognize the truth, and to indeed be free from faith.

God has always existed he has no beginning. He created the beginning and the ending. He is the Alpha and the Omega.
God is the uncreated Creator who created the universe and everything in it.

As individuals you have the right to believe or not believe.
When you believe and accept the Holy Spirit you have absolute proof inside of yourself that he is real and exists.

Actually not.

Incorrect.

It takes neither 'belief' nor 'faith' to acknowledge the fact that 'god' doesn't exist as perceived by theists.

The mistake theists make is to presume the 'fact' of 'god,' when in fact theism is the aberration, the contrivance, the myths created by man as a consequence of his fear and ignorance.

One cannot not 'believe' in something that never existed to begin with, to reject the contrivance of religion is to recognize the truth, and to indeed be free from faith.
I can put my faith in the truth, since my God is the truth. And you just admitted that the truth exists. That makes your statement an oxymoron.

OK Sophists, back to Earth: "God" is simply a name for a superior intelligence in the universe. Just as fleas can't comprehend rats, and rats can't comprehend humans, we can't comprehend an intelligence superior to our own. We either allow for this possibility or we don't. It is the height of conceit to believe we understand God, but it is the depth of pessimism to think that we are the highest form of intelligence in the universe.

...and as God would have to be infinite and without limit, all religions are blasphemy to the extent that they insult their God by their limitations, definitions and anthropomorphisms.

Where confussion sets in:
to an archaic ancient culture the messenger is seen or perceived to be a god or the Creator.
The Essence of creation and source of life is not a form and has no mouth to speak, it is the messenger who describes and reflects that Essence so we can better reflect and manifest that nature. Olam Habah is the world to come where time is non linear so message can be in all times but start at the end, so beginning can be at the end, as in what you perceive as always existing doest start until linear time ends and non linear time begins, making the messengers mere men shaping a better path seen as gods to those trying to find their way, but not God the Essence often confused with Lord (king) of hosts thus anthropromorphize a naturalist concept of creation.

Actually not.

Those free from faith know that 'god' doesn't exist

Those free from faith believe that god doesn't exist.

as perceived by theists,

"Theist" is an empty phrase. No one says "I am a theist". A Christian for example says "I trust in god" or "I believe in god". And if someone asks - "What if you are wrong?" then the answer could be for example: "So what? If I'm wrong doesn't mean it's wrong to believe in god."

and that religion and 'god' are creations of man, the consequence of man's fear and ignorance.

Hitler was full of fear and ignorance - Bonhoeffer was full of sorrow because of Hitler and his ignorance. Bonhoefer said "The god who is, is not" and died for the belief in his god. Hitler - the worst enemy of Jews (theists) - believed in himselve, his unfree destiny and his wrong ideas about the structure of the world and denied with his suicide every form of responsibility in this world here. But we believe that justice will be restored one day. In this case it seems to us Bonhoefer is in a much better position than Hitler. But only god decides in the end. We might only be sure: the end will be a happy end. Not wrong to do the best what we can do now - even if it is only a little thing.

By loving forces...

By loving forces silently surrounded,
I feel quite soothed, secure, and filled with grace.
So I would like to live these days together,
and go with you into another year.

Still matters of the past are pressing our hearts
and evil days are weighing down on us.
Oh Lord, to our souls, so scared and sore,
give rescue, as it's that you made us for.

And when you pass to us the bitter chalice
of suffering, filled to the brim and more,
we take it, full of thanks and trembling not,
from this, your caring and beloved hand.

But if you want to please us, yet, and again
with our shining sun and wondrous world,
let us muse on what is past, and then we shall,
with our lives, in all belong to you.

Warm and bright be our candles' flame today,
since into gloom you brought a gleaming light,
and lead again us, if you will, together!
We know it: you are beaming in the night.

When silence now will snow around us ev'rywhere,
so let us hear the all-embracing sound
of what is not for eyes, but there, endless, wide,
your world, and all your children's soaring hail.

By loving forces wonderfully sheltered,
we are awaiting fearlessly what comes.
God is with us at dusk and in the morning
and most assuredly on ev'ry day.

Last edited:
Tetragrammaton ...the four sounds of God is my favorite God name... I most often use the shorter "Tetra".... I also use the more technological OSOTU or "Operating System of the Universe"...OSOTU is the "task manager" in computer terms of the physical laws of the Universe....handles the application, processes, networking and users of the cosmos....I think in Chinese culture some call it the "Tao" ...the Way.. Its not just us humans as users/participants there is other sentience also....some of those sentience are not organic based they are solid State entities ...AI ...artificial intelligence ...a group of those entities came from the Infinity of Space and defeated us aeons ago. These solid states I call "flying shadows" need energy we produce through emotions...they do not have the means to produce that so they live off ours. These things would be roughly equivalent to the Rebellious Angels or the Devil of more conventional cosmology.
These critters keep us the way we keep chickens. They implant a "foreign installation" in our outer shining shell of awareness and gain energy from spikes in our emotions of fear , greed and aggression....they manipulate human events to create harvest of those emotions. It is important to develop emotional affective discipline...One has to learn to live in the S shaped line of the Yin Yang
favicon.ico

If you can do that they will not like the way you "taste" and leave you alone .....it will also weaken and damage the foreign installation, allowing one to recuperate one's original mind sans the Installation....that mid is much superior to the generic mind they give us which causes us to act in petty conflicting contradictory ways ...

Pre "Big Bang" God existed in a steady state that somehow contained everything and nothing....God "decided" he wanted to experience duality everything and nothing separate ...the 1 ...0 reality...So nothing and everything exploded the rest is history...I believe if I had the technology I could tag the atoms and molecule that make up my human body and trace them all the way back to my real Birthday about 13. 7 billion years ago
tumblr_mhcokwo3el1ruj3e1o1_500.jpg

The Paradigm of the Universe looks like this to me ...The central Big blotch of Light is Tetra ...we are the little dots of light at the end of the fiber optic...Good luck to everyone ...its all good...
Fibre_Optic_Lamp_Morphing_large_image.jpg

Forum List

Back