Who are some of your favorite comedic actors and actresses, all-time?

Like beauty, comedy is in the eye of the beholder. The Marx Brothers appealed to adult humor in the day while the Stooges were strictly a slapstick. W.C. Fields was a one joke show while Jack Benny was funny. In his prime Bob Hope was the greatest while Jerry Lewis was a clown. The SNL dopers relied on scripted mean political jokes and unfunny wild stuff while John Candy was funny.

Although the 3 stooges were mostly slapstick, they did have some more sophisticated satire and jokes in there. Remember that it was Moe- not Chaplin- that first satirized Hitler.

Like beauty, comedy is in the eye of the beholder. The Marx Brothers appealed to adult humor in the day while the Stooges were strictly a slapstick. W.C. Fields was a one joke show while Jack Benny was funny. In his prime Bob Hope was the greatest while Jerry Lewis was a clown. The SNL dopers relied on scripted mean political jokes and unfunny wild stuff while John Candy was funny.

Although the 3 stooges were mostly slapstick, they did have some more sophisticated satire and jokes in there. Remember that it was Moe- not Chaplin- that first satirized Hitler.
I can’t believe a single person didn’t bring up Peter Sellers.

Monte fucking Python?

I have never laughed so hard as I did watching the Holy Grail movie, or even their weekly shows.

Peter Sellers,
Groucho Marx,
W.C. Fields,
Richard Pryor,
others mentioned above.

Bob Newhart and Betty White are my top male and female.
I just looked.

Betty White will turn 100, Jan. 17 of next year.

Paparazzi caught a snap of her last year here.

6773dadc3b2fac2425a443f2d1d1c47a

Forum List

Back