Who are some of your favorite Black Actors/Actresses, all-time?

Halle Berry is one of my favorite black and white actresses.
Yep, she definitely DOES have SOME white in her. She's also STILL one of THE sexiest women in Hollywood, at 54 years of age, IMHO.:)
I met her once and just came out and asked her if she had any white in her. She said that she did so I asked her if she wanted any more.

Morgan Freeman, Samuel Jackson, Denzel Washington, Sidney Pointier

Yall watch out, wil's gonna go off his meds today...But I always liked Morgan Freeman.

My favorite is Clarence Gilyard Jr. from the Walker, Texas Ranger show. Right behind him is Jaleel White from the Family Matters show.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

There are many good actors and actresses. To me it is not sounding bad as one. Eartha Kitt as Catwoman in the Batman TV series. She wore the suit well.

Danny Glover
Morgan Freeman
Chadwick Boseman
Anthony Mackie
Zoe Saldana
Avery Brooks
Will Smith

I’m sure there are more..just can’t think of them right now.

Rat pack member Sammie Davis was an all around talented actor, singer and dancer. Scatman Crothers played the psychic in the movie "The Shining". Al Jolson sang "Mammie" in blackface (and so did Va. Gov. Northam). Does that count?

Last edited:
My favorite is Clarence Gilyard Jr. from the Walker, Texas Ranger show. Right behind him is Jaleel White from the Family Matters show.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly
I always liked Clarence Gilyard too. Walker. Texas Ranger is all he did. He is a University Professor.

Mind you I also had a thing for Weezy from the Jeffersons.

Nice boobs, sultry voice.

"Ooooooooooooh George!!!!!!!!"

My favorites are - 1) Sidney Poitier 2) Denzel Washington 3) Morgan Freeman 4) Halle Berry, and 5) James Earl Jones

Not a fan of Halle Berry. She comes across as a talent-less pair of breasts, that thinks curves are a substitute for quality acting.

Nothing personal, that has just always been my impression of her in every film I have ever seen her in. And, I find her off-camera actions and statements to be rather off-putting.

Sidney poitier has never left an impression with me. Doesn't mean he's bad, just perhaps I have not seen any films he was in, where he left an impression on me.

At the top of my list would be 1. Denzel Washington, who has always proven to put in the maximum effort at a quality performance, no matter what movie he is in. And additionally he had an excellent off camera reputation.

Next would be 2. Morgan Freeman, who also has done some of the most high quality and memorable movies in Hollywood. Additionally, he is one of the best people when it comes to responsibility and not blaming others, which I greatly admire anyone who says "I own the responsibility".

After that, I might put 3. Will Smith. While Will Smith does more in the pure action flicks, than grand dramas, I think his hard work and dedication to following his standards, and putting out decent movie products, is rather impressive and deserves notice. He also has been rather virtuous in talking with people off-screen about what people should do to succeed in life, which I find admirable.

Lastly, 4. James Earl Jones. I'm a bit torn on this one, because he is a decent actor, but most of his quality is tied up in that unbelievable voice of his, that is perfect. I hate the say that, because it sounds like I'm minimizing his acting ability, but I'm not really doing that.

I'm just pointing out the fact, that you could give almost any script at all, to any actor, and it might sound good... but if you give it to James Earl Jones, it will sound phenomenal. I think if most people thought about it, they would agree with this.

And again, that's not a knock. Voice acting is not as easy as people seem to think. And James Earl Jones, both genetically has the perfect voice, but he is also talented at using it. So credit where credit is due. But that makes it harder to compare with actors that have unbelievable acting careers that are not just tied to an amazing voice.

The honorable mention might be, Jamie Foxx. Ironically one of his hit movies, is one I think is terrible, and made him look lame, which was Django Unchained. Terrible stupid movie.

That said, I've seen some other movies with Jamie Foxx, that I have been surprised and impressed with. So if I were to add anyone to the list right now, it would likely be Jamie Foxx. We'll see.

...how can that be??? I thought whitey denied them the right of being entertainers?????? there are BLACK actors/etc!!!??
..all are good except Berry and Washington

..I grew up in the 'hood with a lot of black friends....the RACE of the actor NEVER entered my mind.
...I liked Pointier/etc

Sorry I can no longer support black actors or actresses after Black Lives Matter

Forum List

Back