What are some of your favorite comedic movies, all-time?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
With SO much bad crap going on these days, I think we all need something to smile about. When I think of my favorite comedic movies, I'm usually able to smile and laugh a bit. My top five favorites are - 1) Young Frankenstein 2) Blazing Saddles 3) Monty Python and the Holy Grail 4) Sleeper (Woody Allen film) and 5) Airplane! Just missing my top five - Stir Crazy (With Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor), A Night at the Opera (Marx Brothers), A Day at the Races (Marx Brothers), Duck Soup (Marx Brothers), and Animal Crackers (Marx Brothers). Honorable Mention - A Fish Called Wanda and Trading Places.

With SO much bad crap going on these days, I think we all need something to smile about. When I think of my favorite comedic movies, I'm usually able to smile and laugh a bit. My top five favorites are - 1) Young Frankenstein 2) Blazing Saddles 3) Monty Python and the Holy Grail 4) Sleeper (Woody Allen film) and 5) Airplane! Just missing my top five - Stir Crazy (With Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor), A Night at the Opera (Marx Brothers), A Day at the Races (Marx Brothers), Duck Soup (Marx Brothers), and Animal Crackers (Marx Brothers). Honorable Mention - A Fish Called Wanda and Trading Places.
I like all your picks but I'm better at westerns. I'll throw an oldie in your list that is one of my top three all time favorites. Some Like It Hot.

I like all your picks but I'm better at westerns. I'll throw an oldie in your list that is top three all time favorites for me. Some Like It Hot.
Some Like It Hot IS awesome. It would definitely be another one of my Honorable Mention films.

Great list. I love that Fish Called Wanda made your mentions. Super underrated movie.

I wouldn't know how to rank the top contenders, so I'll just throw out a few of my favorites.

Used Cars

Let It Ride

Caddyshack

Wedding Crashers

Bad Santa

The Ref

Superbad

And quite possibly the most underrated, underexposed comedy flick of the last 20 years:

Goon

Absolutely amazing movie.

Great list. I love that Fish Called Wanda made your mentions. Super underrated movie.

I wouldn't know how to rank the top contenders, so I'll just throw out a few of my favorites.

Used Cars

Let It Ride

Caddyshack

Wedding Crashers

Bad Santa

The Ref

Superbad

And quite possibly the most underrated, underexposed comedy flick of the last 20 years:

Goon

Absolutely amazing movie.
I haven't heard of Goon, I'll look it up. Thanks for mentioning it.

Forum List

Back