Who are some of your favorite movie actresses, all-time?

My favorite all-time is Meryl Streep. She's THE best actress I've seen in my lifetime, and I was born in 1961. I've liked virtually everything I've seen her do, in a wide range of roles. Ironically, one role I DIDN'T like her as was for Kramer vs. Kramer. To me, she didn't really do a whole lot of great acting in that film, she just cried an awful lot. But she DID inexplicably win one of her three Best Actress Oscars for that film. I've liked her in everything else I've seen her in. So, who are some of YOUR favorite actresses?
Ok she’s not my favorite of all time but I just saw marisa tomei naked and her body is perfect at age 55.

i hate glen close and Meryl Streep. I liked one of them in that movie with Michael Douglas where she stalked him and tried to kill him and his family. Fatal attraction. Shit I almost forgot. Kathy bates too. She was only good in misery. Other than that, she’s an ok actress but really it’s not the actress it’s the roles. Like for a man you can say Clint Eastwood or John Wayne because you liked a lot of their roles in a lot of movies.

So who are the women who you like a lot of their movies and the roles they played. Very short list.

sandra bullock
angelina jolie
hepburn and all the other old greats. I’m just talking current.

nicole kidman
jen lawrence
scarlett Johnson? She’s one of the top paid but I don’t love all her movies. She’s no John Wayne.
..John Wayne was not that good of an actor
..I would hope she is not like JW
You know what I mean. He was a box office draw. People went to see his movies and we enjoyed his roles. Almost all of them and there were man.

hey, I thought of another one. Not movies but bett white. I’ve loved all her roles dating back to carol brunette days
no---no--..you very well could have meant she is no JW = she doesn't act as well as JW..that's what I read from the post
...Arnold Schwarzenegger is not even an actor--he sucks--he is a ''line sayer''--but he was a big box office draw
I’d rather be an average actor in a bunch of great movies people loved than a great actor in a bunch of Indy films.

You don’t think Arnold was good in true lies? You didnt Buy into him as the terminator?

we probably have different tastes in movies. i think the op said they loved everything Meryl Streep has been in. I can’t think of anything I liked her in.

Did you enjoy mama Mia?
......he played the PERFECT Terminator ------get it????!!!!!!! he played a ROBOT--no acting needed!!!..he more or less acts the same in most of his movies
caps for emphasis only

These are some of my favorites actresses:
- Marilyn Monroe
- Julia Nickson (known for Rambo First Blood Part II)
- Jennifer Connelly (I loved her in the movie Phenomena :smile:)
- Julia Buencamino (I know almost all of you guys don't know her, she was a Filipino actress; I like her so much unfortunately she killed herself in 2015 :icon_cry: )

Well...to state the obvious... Tom Hanks... other than that...
Russell Crow
Michael Shannon... outstanding in Boardwalk Empire and now many movies.
Amy Adams... not enough accolades for this one
Denzel Washington
Clint Eastwood
Anthony Hopkins (what character was this guy not good in?)
Gary Oldman

Let's see... oh how could I forget...the most versatile actor EVER... TOM CRUISE!!!
J/K..... :lol:

I'm 83 years old.

So, of course, the phrase "movie star" only truly refers to the actors (both male and female) of the 1940s and 1950s. Today's whippersnappers do not deserve that title.

The greatest, of course, was Bette Davis (until she made some pathetic movies in her old age).

Yvonne De carlo
Sally Fields
Sue Sarandon
Sandra Bullock
Jamie Lee Curtis
I'm watching a western called The Gal Who Took the West. Yvonne De Carlo is the star of this movie. Honestly, I don't think she is a very good actress. I'm getting the feeling she's one of those women in Hollywood back then who slept with a director so they put her in a couple roles thinking she could be a big star but she just isn't that good. I mean besides being Mrs. Munster. She was great in that. But even Mortisha Adams did a better job playing that part. LOL.

One things for sure, Yvonne was HOT!

I'm watching a western called The Gal Who Took the West. Yvonne De Carlo is the star of this movie. Honestly, I don't think she is a very good actress. I'm getting the feeling she's one of those women in Hollywood back then who slept with a director so they put her in a couple roles thinking she could be a big star but she just isn't that good. I mean besides being Mrs. Munster. She was great in that. But even Mortisha Adams did a better job playing that part. LOL.

One things for sure, Yvonne was HOT!

Yvonne was known as a bit of a horn dog.

Now that I actually saw Marilyn Monroe movies I can see what all that fuss was about, before that all I saw was her pictures and never understood why so many old guys thought she was hot because she didnt look too hot to me. Then I saw her movies and I would say she was probably the most personable actress I ever seen on the big screen. Lots of fun and very alluring.

Lucille Ball was tossed out of drama school in NY at 17 years old. Her instructors claimed that the comedienne was too quiet & shy, and that she was too "Midwestern"...she couldn't sing, dance, or control her voice and body properly, they claimed

that's when she learned to lie and claim she came from all the way from Butte, Montana...it worked like a charm!

"my advice to young women actors: don't prostitute yourself to get a part" - Lucille Ball

EYIQ9iQWkAApw3Y

Last edited:
Sigourney weaver.

Francis mcdormand.

Ingrid Bergman.

Kathy Bates.

Jessica lange.

Pam Grier.

Meiko kaji.

Christina Lindberg.

Caroline Munro.

Zelda Rubenstein.

Judi dench.

Catherine Mary Stewart.

For one reason or another they always got my attention and I'd watch even an otherwise uninteresting sounding movie because they were in it.

My favorite all-time is Meryl Streep. She's THE best actress I've seen in my lifetime, and I was born in 1961 . . .

Seriously? (and I was born in 62.)

Katharine Hepburn, Sophia Loren, Bette Davis, Anne Bancroft, Audrey Hepburn, Lee Remick, Tippi Hedren . . . . ????

Come on man.

I say Katharine Hepburn. And the all time great actor (male) is a tie between John Wayne and Charlton Heston

Forum List

Back