Whites Don't Speak for Asians, and Asians Who Pretend to Be White...

There is a tendency by white racists to use Asians as the "Model Minority", ignoring the fact that Asians haven't had things like Genocide and Slavery as part of their American experience.
Chinese were de facto slaves throughout the American West//1840 to 1940// Pograms were common with mass lynchings and murders the order of the day. They were not allowed to be citizens, nor allowed to vote. One could shoot a Chinese person dead on the streets of San Francisco with no charges or even public opprobrium.
I think the reason whites view them as the 'model minority' is that the Chinese were careful to accumulate money...and stay out of he mainstream..for generations.

Most Asians that I know are unabashedly certain of their superiority..to the point of not really being aware of it--it just forms their world view.
But the Chinese paid their dues in this country..as did the Japanese
The difference in where they ended up..on that great chart of races in our country--was that they clung to their culture and to their families.

Blacks, in this country, had the option of doing neither.

Chinese were de facto slaves throughout the American West//1840 to 1940// Pograms were common with mass lynchings and murders the order of the day. They were not allowed to be citizens, nor allowed to vote. One could shoot a Chinese person dead on the streets of San Francisco with no charges or even public opprobrium.
I think the reason whites view them as the 'model minority' is that the Chinese were careful to accumulate money...and stay out of he mainstream..for generations.

Most Asians that I know are unabashedly certain of their superiority..to the point of not really being aware of it--it just forms their world view.
The difference in where they ended up..on that great chart of races in our country--was that they clung to their culture and to their families.

They had the option....all people always have that option.

Fascinating. Not the 1990 speech. The fact that Lil’ I’m.2 finds it so necessary to explore the racism of others to make sure he can feel persecuted. And then of course, despite his endless fixation on race and the compulsion to categorize those of other races, he will deny that he is a racist.

No we didn't. That's why my last name is english while Asians have been able to keep their names.
History is full of examples of expatriots who clung to their heritage. The Jews in Babylon happened 2500 years before North African war lord's started to sell their constituents to Europe for profit. The Elan moral is either present or not.

Jo

No we didn't. That's why my last name is english while Asians have been able to keep their names.
You can change it.

ab4bef41283b9252516b0992ac957ef7.jpg

Did you ring???
But Asians DO SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES ....By out working, out performing, out culturalizing, out academizing and generally speaking out shining everyone one else in just about everything and anything they do....and they do it consistently, constantly and relentlessly.

But Asians DO SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES ....By out working, out performing, out culturalizing, out academizing and generally speaking out shining everyone one else in just about everything and anything they do....and they do it consistently, constantly and relentlessly.

Thank you!

I'm gonna remember you said that when me and my peeps take over!

Kimchee for you!

There is a tendency by white racists to use Asians as the "Model Minority", ignoring the fact that Asians haven't had things like Genocide and Slavery as part of their American experience.
Are you ignoring the way chinese immigrants were treated in the mid 1800's?

They might, it doesn't mean they will.

You miss the point, dummy. You can't say, "let's get rid of these set-asides for blacks" while leaving these set asides for white people (Legacies, Donors, athletics).

The thing is, you can be a legacy and get into Harvard or Yale and still be a complete fucking Moron.

View attachment 502749

So, yes, if a legacy can get in before a smart Asian kid, then a black kid who worked really hard to get good grades should get in, too.

The Asian kid can go to UIC and he'll still be just fine.
You're conflating private, voluntary set asides with public, involuntary set asides. You do know that, right?

They had the option...Johnson simply outsmarted them.

Jo

It's just simply the truth....have had many Asian friends and neighbors over the years....
They are always outstanding people....it truly amazes me.
That “model minority “ stuff is not really the compliment you think it is.

Most of the all 1 or 2? Idiot.

That “model minority “ stuff is not really the compliment you think it is.
Who cares about minority. I could give two shits about that word....to me it is just another Illusion. I see no minorities anywhere I look....what I see is people. In any case if we are going by strict definitions Asian Gene pools easily make up 60 percent of the world head count.

Jo

Forum List

Back