Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really?
So it's legal to get an abortion in the ninth month?
Yes, really. So it's legal to kill fetuses.

And many of us are trying to change that.
The argument that "it SHOULD be legal because it IS legal" is silly.
We've pretty clearly shown (at least 3/5ths of folks seem pretty clear on it) that the current law values convenience over ethics.
Are you saying that I said abortion should be legal?

Because I didn't.

Yes, really. So it's legal to kill fetuses.

And many of us are trying to change that.
The argument that "it SHOULD be legal because it IS legal" is silly.
We've pretty clearly shown (at least 3/5ths of folks seem pretty clear on it) that the current law values convenience over ethics.
Are you saying that I said abortion should be legal?

Because I didn't.

OK - whatever skippy.

You go work on your civics workbook and who prosecutes illegal alien killers in Texas.

I'm bored with you.

Life begins at conception. If it begins it was God's will...and so the fertilized egg has first priority. If woman does not want the child...put it up for adoption.

How do you explain a stillborn, a live child born and lives only a few days or weeks? Is this God's will? My guess is your answer will be the same. So, provide probative proof!

More than 80% of Americans believe in some form of abortion, regulated or not.

Less than one of five Americans believe in no abortion, period, which is idiotic.

Why do liberals think the three issues are separate from each other? Nobody objects to the termination of the unborn fetus if serious medical issues threaten the mother's life. A sudden case of depression does not qualify as a life threatening medical condition and does not justify the murder of a full term baby by stabbing it in the back of the head and sucking it's brain out.

Yeah, somebodies fully believe fetuses take precedence over mothers with infirmities, whitehall.

Last edited:
This is a sincere poll. I would appreciate honest answers. If you're willing, I would also appreciate your reasons. I will not criticize your choice. I would just honestly like to know where USMB posters stand on this issue.

The poll doesn't include my answer.

The woman and the fetus have equal rights.

I disagree, but I respect your honest opinion. Just curious, does religion play any part in your opinion?

from the way Lakhota pushes everything abortion

One can come to the conclusion they are MAKING MONEY off of them

I wish more posters would vote in the poll. So far, only 8 have voted out of about 20 posters. It could be that some aren't sure how they really feel.

You don't have an option for how many people feel. Also, the fertilized egg and a fetus do not exist at the same time during a pregnancy as they are separate stages of a human life. Since they don't exist at the same time, there is no picking of one having priority over the other for the fertilized egg and the fetus.

I wish more posters would vote in the poll. So far, only 8 have voted out of about 20 posters. It could be that some aren't sure how they really feel.

You don't have an option for how many people feel. Also, the fertilized egg and a fetus do not exist at the same time during a pregnancy as they are separate stages of a human life. Since they don't exist at the same time, there is no picking of one having priority over the other for the fertilized egg and the fetus.

Then couldn't you vote BOTH? BTW, the poll assumes "typical" circumstances.

This is a sincere poll. I would appreciate honest answers. If you're willing, I would also appreciate your reasons. I will not criticize your choice. I would just honestly like to know where USMB posters stand on this issue.

The poll doesn't include my answer.

The woman and the fetus have equal rights.

I disagree, but I respect your honest opinion. Just curious, does religion play any part in your opinion?

I am a Christian - but I am a Christian who believes in the separation of Church and State.

My objection is based on an argument of legal theory that I went into above.

(I just made the mistake of debating a legal theory with another poster who doesn't seem to know too much about legal history or the law in general - my bad)

NOTE: I know there are many variable, but this poll assumes "typical" circumstances.

Can't vote, because it's a depends:
(1) 1st Trimester - I lean to mother
(2) 2nd and 3rd Trimester and no birth defect nor mother's life is in danger - I lean to the BABY
(3) 3rd Trimester and baby has birth defects and/or the mother's life is in danger - Mother
(4) Rape and/or Incest Victim I am muddied because late term minus birth defects or mother's life is in danger is wrong, but I couldn't imagine forcing a rape victim to have a a child created by a RAPE - Mother
(5) Black Babies - I lean towards society, I think we should be able to abort them after birth up to when they are 18!!! :badgrin: - Just Kidding!!! :lol:

Life begins at conception. If it begins it was God's will...and so the fertilized egg has first priority. If woman does not want the child...put it up for adoption.

What if the conception was because of rape? What if the mother's life is in danger? What if the mother is a teenager? What if the baby has major birth defects? Sorry there is a grey area!!!

I voted, and of course I voted that the woman is in charge of her reproductive system just as a man is in charge of his.

Men who are sexually active and who do not wish to have children should man up and be 50% of the solution: get a vasectomy. Put your money where your dick is.

Oh, still not sure about children in the future? Visit a sperm bank, make quarterly donations for a year, then get a vasectomy.

Men are half of the problem and should act accordingly.

What if the conception was because of rape? What if the mother's life is in danger? What if the mother is a teenager? What if the baby has major birth defects? Sorry there is a grey area!!!

That stupid fucking Republican Todd Akin feller answered the first question. He said in a legitimate rape a woman's body had a way of just shuttin' down, doncha' know.

Abortion is the answer for sure, all hail Satan.

Your question reveals a lot about your character. You might as well asked who is more important, whites, blacks, Hispanics...ets. In your world is there room for "all" life and "all" people to be equal and important? Is this 1865?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back