Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

percysunshine

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2011
Sty
Retired guy says;

The chicken had to come first. Both if you believe religion or science. Scientifically there is no reason to believe that evolution would have created the first chicken by egg. That makes no sense.

I say;

The egg had to come first. It would have been the offspring of a non-chicken via mutation or coincidental DNA combination.

Who wins this debate?

The chicken, after coming from the egg of a previous version of chicken which layed the first 'regular' chicken.

See this in action when geneticly modifying animals. Splice the gene together to get the trait you want, then the first offspring will be born with the desired mutation. The chicken in the question being the first offspring of a previous version of chicken but not the modern one.

Retired guy says;

The chicken had to come first. Both if you believe religion or science. Scientifically there is no reason to believe that evolution would have created the first chicken by egg. That makes no sense.

I say;

The egg had to come first. It would have been the offspring of a non-chicken via mutation or coincidental DNA combination.

Who wins this debate?

I agree with you. :D

Forum List

Back