Electron and atomic model

There is a lot of empty space in the atom? I researched it and it appears the chicken and the egg of info that is came around the same time, Rutherford and Boohr. (sic) I assume they came up with their model first then naturally since the electron orbit has to be some distance from the nucleus, it was just accepted that atoms are 99.5% or more empty space? For me that dismisses the model, IDK.
His name is Niels Bohr.

How big the Earth would be if all the space was squeezed out of atoms?
The question is poorly phrased. There is no squeezing space out of atoms, particularly the entire earth.

If all the empty space within atoms were removed, the earth's volume would decrease by a factor of about 10^27 (a 1 followed by 27 zeros). This is an incredibly small amount and would not have any noticeable effect on the earth's size or shape.
One followed by twenty-seven zeroes is NOT "an incredibly small amount." It is huge. Here's a different approach. What is the volume of all the nuclei of the earth? The answer: about 184 meters.

ω = 4.122×1016 radians per second = 6.56×1015 turns per second. This is about 7 quadrillion revolutions per second or equivalently 7 thousand trillion revolutions per second. This is fantastically fast but it is much slower than the rate of rotation of nuclei.

Why would nuclei rotate?

Forum List

Back