Zone1 Which came first, Christianity or Judaism?

Of course----in the sunlight, when I was younger---MY HAIR LIT UP RED in sunlight-----and even the local irish and scots called me "that little Irish girl". I have often wondered why the Irisn and Scots became SO JEALOUS-----of jewish red hair and facial freckles. King David also had red hair-----like me----deep auburn and not a hint of TUDOR CARROT
auburn-----not the weird carrot top stuff
My wife (ex) had light red hair, but she was Swiss/German (or was she...hmmm?).

... that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.

too bad, moses did not honor the religion granted a&e for the conclusion of their journey nor the desert religions - that condemn themselves.

the triumph of good is not in their lexicon - nutz.

- the last days of the crucifiers, hopefully as the prelude for the heavens return.

Can you spell deflection? How do you explain fossils of sea life on the highest mountain peaks on earth? Pseudo Science attempts to use conjectures and assumptions to explain this....yet the information provided in the Holy Scriptures have never been objectively falsified by the Scientific Method. The scriptures provide answers, not questions. Answers that have been confirmed by Applied Science that uses the Scientific Method of "Observation", Consistent Reproduction with every application. Such as Pasteur proved the Life cannot be created from dead non-living matter.......life can only be produced by pre-existing life within the same species (.........of like kind....-- Genesis 1:24 The scriptures explain why and how fossils of sea life are found on the highest mountain ranges -- Ps. 104:8

rightwinger

Plate tectonics. Even the Himalayas are still getting taller. The flood myth is from 2900 BC not 30 million years ago. Of course that's another problem if you believe the earth was created 6000 years ago.

True. Judaism was (and still is) the Jewification of the Law, formally introduced by the Pharisees late in the second temple era.
I am seeking a definition of "jewification" It is logical
to state that Judaism precedes christianity by about,
more or less. 2000 years and Islam by about 1500 years
and post dated the progressive and sporadic development of Hinduism by at least 1000 years

I am seeking a definition of "jewification" It is logical
to state that Judaism precedes christianity by about,
more or less. 2000 years and Islam by about 1500 years
and post dated the progressive and sporadic development of Hinduism by at least 1000 years
Judaism began when, as Jesus observed,

Matthew 23​

Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,​

2 Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Last edited:
Judaism began when, as Jesus observed,

Matthew 23​

Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,​

2 Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
not likely. Matthew was a Roman shill

The problem is one of nomenclature. "Judaism" is a relatively recent coinage so the question relates to what word labeled the national-religious practice before the word "Judaism" was employed. Some see the label as signifying the advent of the entire theological construct, so Judaism began when "Judaism" began. Others see the religious practice as part of a continuum that predates the common era substantially, and which was called by other names. By the time the 5th century BCE came around, there was an idea of a national religion labeled by something which can be turned into "Judaism" (the term "Yehudi" meaning someone of the nation of Judah and "mityahadim" meaning "became Yehudi" indicating a change to the religious identity of the people of the nation of Judah).

The same problem holds true for the names of other religions. "Islam" comes from a word meaning "submission" -- meaning an acceptance of a superior/divine power to which the person must submit. If someone 1000 years before Mohammed lived submitted to that higher power, it could be said that, though the word "Muslim" did not exist, the person was part of "islam" (small I, intentional). Does "Christianity" refer only to people who were alive 40 years after the death of Jesus, when that term was finding existence, and beyond, or can it be applied to people who followed Jesus while he was alive?

Jew - of Jehudah (i.e. Judah) - is a term used at least as early as the sixth century BC by such prophets as Jeremiah and Zechariah (34:9 and 8:23, respectively).

Messiah - mashiyach - is an anointed one of whom even Cyrus, a pagan king of Persia, was numbered (Is 45:1). Christ - from the Greek Christos and equivalent to mashiyach - doesn't appear until the New Testament, but is strictly a Messiah of Israel. Hence had the Christ been since the beginning, simply waiting to be born.

And then came Christianity.

Jew - of Jehudah (i.e. Judah) - is a term used at least as early as the sixth century BC by such prophets as Jeremiah and Zechariah (34:9 and 8:23, respectively).

Messiah - mashiyach - is an anointed one of whom even Cyrus, a pagan king of Persia, was numbered (Is 45:1). Christ - from the Greek Christos and equivalent to mashiyach - doesn't appear until the New Testament, but is strictly a Messiah of Israel. Hence had the Christ been since the beginning, simply waiting to be born.

the term Mashiach, though, applies to a variety of people (not all kings) who were anointed by a particular oil, and a few people whom God speaks of as if they were anointed even though they were not actually anointed.

the term Mashiach, though, applies to a variety of people (not all kings) who were anointed by a particular oil, and a few people whom God speaks of as if they were anointed even though they were not actually anointed.
Yes, that's what I said. A variety of people, including pagans.

Priests, especially, as in Exodus 40, but also kings, as in 1 Samuel 10.

Yes, that's what I said. A variety of people, including pagans.

Priests, especially, as in Exodus 40, but also kings, as in 1 Samuel 10.
Yup and what's interesting is that in at least one place, priests who would not have been literally anointed were called anointed by God to indicate a status even without the oil process.

Isaiah 43:3,11
3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Here in Isaiah we learn that the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel is the Savior. We also learn that beside the Lord God of Israel that there is no Savior beside Him.

From the Jewish perspective today, Jesus was not the Savior who would have had to have been the Lord their God. From the Christian perspective, Jesus was the Savior, the one who brought them out of the land of Egypt and the one who has atoned for the sins of all the world. He is and was the Lord God of the Old Testament. Either way, the Savior is and was the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel. To a true Christian, Jesus did not sit back and wait in the background to come and be the Savior of the World. He was the creator of this world and the creator of mankind. He was the great law giver to the house of Israel and He is the Savior and king of the world.

The problem is one of nomenclature.

christianity began when they spent the greater part of the 4th century writing the christian bible - as the beginning of that religion.

they claim a semblance of the 1st century events in which those that crucified jesus were never brought to justice being a justification of the crime - as having been for their own benefit - than the reason the crime was committed and deliberatly omitted from their document.

the true intent of jesus and their popularity - than servitude of the c-bible - liberation theology, self determination ... that judaism, the crucifiers et all in harmony had him put to death for.

a publication without an archive of the material they used to write their document ...

christianity is no more a true religion than its home spun cousin judaism.

Of course----in the sunlight, when I was younger---MY HAIR LIT UP RED in sunlight-----and even the local irish and scots called me "that little Irish girl". I have often wondered why the Irisn and Scots became SO JEALOUS-----of jewish red hair and facial freckles. King David also had red hair-----like me----deep auburn and not a hint of TUDOR CARROT
auburn-----not the weird carrot top stuff
But Philo Gives the Best Interpretations

According to Josephus. "Adam" means "red," the color of virgin soil.

Forum List

Back