Zone1 Which came first, Christianity or Judaism?

Christianity submits that Christ has been since the beginning, not that Christianity has.

wasn't there a movie, rebel without a cause ... so there was a messiah in the beginning before anyone needed saving ...

and waited till the 1st century on planet earth to be crucified by who they were saving ... and for some reason will be returning and who crucified them will be waiting for their return.

- the desert religions ...

{...
Is·ra·el·ite
[ˈizrēəˌlīt]

NOUN
Israelites (plural noun)
  1. a member of the ancient Hebrew nation, especially in the period from the Exodus to the Babylonian Captivity (c.12th to 6th centuries BC).
    ...}

The actual name of the culture is Hebrew, and Israelite only refers to those who invaded the Land of Canaan and defeated by the Babylonians.
True that the Israelites venerated Eber, Abraham, and Isaac and carried their names with them wherever they migrated.

- surly not those of the liar moses used to persecute and victimize the innocent ... or for that matter any found in the desert religions.

1st century - liberation theology, self determination ... not exactly the c-bible, how to treat your slaves - commandment.
More gobbledygook.

A son of Abraham was Isaac and a son of Isaac was Jacob. Jacob's name was changed to Israel:

Genesis 32:24-28
24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob’s thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

The posterity of Israel is known as the House of Israel. Israel had 12 sons and one daughter and these are their names. From them come the twelve tribes of Israel:

Sons of Leah
1. Rueben
2. Simeon
3. Levi
4. Judah
9. Issachar
10. Zebulun

(Dinah a daughter)

Sons of Bilhah
5. Dan
6. Naphtali

Sons of Zilpah
7. Gad
8. Asher

Sons of Rachel
11. Joseph
12. Benjamin

The Jews are the posterity of Judah. Through this lineage, Jesus Christ the Savior was born. Later Joseph had two sons named Ephraim and Manasseh. These two were eventually adopted by Israel and are also numbered among the tribes of Israel. See Genesis 47-48. This is why we see Manasseh's name mentioned in the restoration of the tribes of Israel in Revelation 7. Ephraim is the tribe of Joseph mentioned. Basically Joseph, who won the birthright was given a double portion and those portions went to Ephraim who received the birthright under Joseph and to his other son Manasseh. Notice in Revelation 7 that Judah is mentioned as one of the tribes of Israel and thus are numbered among the house of Israel.
The house of Judah (Judaism) and the house of Israel (Christendom) are still divided. They will be reunited during the millennial reign of Christ.

Christianity submits that Christ has been since the beginning, not that Christianity has.
Christianity consists of the teaching of Jesus Christ. If Christ was the God of the Old Testament, even the Great I AM and Jehovah who appeared to the prophets of old, then all his teachings are Christianity. All that has been revealed in both the Old Testament and New Testament from God are the teachings of Jesus Christ and thus they are Christianity. Christ came to fulfill his own law that he gave to Moses. He did not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it. In the words of Jesus, "Before Abraham was, I AM".

NONSENSE----breezie is VERY CLEAR MINDED ......and erudite. -----He has a little trouble
EXPRESSING his BRILLIANT "thoughts" ............._______ 0000000000 ??

liberation theology, self determination ... moses lovers need not apply.

Jesus was a Jew. Judaism had been around for over 1k years. "Moses" is 1300 years before Jesus, at least the first version was. It has been claimed that Joshua offed three different versions of "Moses." Moses was never in control after Mt Sinai, he was a mascot for Joshua.

Can you give me an example of anybody identifying as a Jew in the Old Testament?

Again........Jesus is not declaring that the Jewish leaders are God, or anyone will become Gods.....He is chastising them for making themselves appear as God.
No. "Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’? If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God was delivered (the Law)—and Scripture cannot be set aside—what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?" John 10:34-36

The word used is Elohim which means gods but also means judges. Jesus quoted this as a legal argument defending his claim of being the Son of God. The reasoning was that if the act of God in giving the law to the Jewish people made them judges, Elohim, of the law, (not gods) then the act of God in giving the revelation about the deeper hidden meaning of the words used in the Law made Jesus the Son of God, a relational metaphor for the man described in Deuteronomy 18:18.

"I will put my words into his mouth and he shall convey all of my commands."

Last edited:
You can only stare at your navel for so long before you realize...it's just your navel. :auiqs.jpg:

I am just contemplating my navel? lol...I really wish that was true. The sad fact is that every single fish (christian) in the sea is dead. It says so in the Bible and reality confirms this so I'm a believer.

"The second angel poured out his bowl into the sea, and it became blood like that of a dead man; and every living thing in the sea died."

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword" (a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine)

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them"

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations"

"Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant"

"Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink" ........Bottoms up!

:wine:

"He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword" All of you zombies out there confirm this.

Last edited:
Jesus obeyed the written law while it was in effect, but railed against the unscriptural 'traditions', which corrupted the law and laid burdens on the people that God never intended.

Nonsense. Jesus openly defied the traditional interpretation and application of the Law (according to the talmud) and revealed a new way to follow the law, the way that Moses originally taught, a way that is easy and reveals the wisdom of God to even the least intelligent person out there.

If the law is to be taken literally then Jesus was a sinner. If not then you are the enemy of Christ.

Everyone that you demonize, marginalize, persecute, imprison, and kill, based on a stupid literal interpretation of the Ten Commandments - drug users, LBGTQ people, atheists, Jews, native Americans, women, minorities, immigrants, the poor, including everyone who does not subscribe to your perverted delusions - is an innocent victim of pure evil, evil all done in the name of God.

You fucking bastards.

Last edited:
Nonsense. Jesus openly defied the traditional interpretation and application of the Law (according to the talmud) and revealed a new way to follow the law, the way that Moses originally taught, a way that is easy and reveals the wisdom of God to even the least intelligent person out there.

If the law is to be taken literally then Jesus was a sinner. If not then you are the enemy of Christ.

Everyone that you demonize, marginalize, persecute, imprison, and kill, based on a stupid literal interpretation of the Ten Commandments - drug users, LBGTQ people, atheists, Jews, native Americans, women, minorities, immigrants, the poor, including everyone who does not subscribe to your perverted delusions - is an innocent victim of pure evil, evil all done in the name of God.

You fucking bastards.
The Law is like the foundation of a building; out of sight but upholding everything that is built upon it. One can (and indeed many used to) live in a basement, but it's better to build a nice house on it.

Hebrew are not the same as Jews.
Jew is a nick name picked up ONLY by those Hebrew living in Jerusalem.
Hebrew living outside of Jerusalem, like in Samaria, are not Jews.
Jews are the descendants of Judah, and nominally anyone practicing Judaism.

Forum List

Back