Zone1 Which came first, Christianity or Judaism?

Many of the laws, statutes, and judgments were laws of separation and are no longer in effect as the gentile world is welcomed into the church. The Commandments are always in effect, but they only apply to you if you break them, kinda like the traffic laws.

- autopilot for woodz , whoever made them up ....

Maybe Christ's saliva freed his eyelids and lubricated his dry eyes.

Sure.... and maybe judgment day has come and gone, time has already ended, the dead have come out of their graves, the devil has been tossed into the lake of fire, and sinners have been entering the kingdom Heaven ever since God farted angels out of the sky a very long time ago.

Apparently you have been left behind.

Many of the laws, statutes, and judgments were laws of separation and are no longer in effect as the gentile world is welcomed into the church. The Commandments are always in effect, but they only apply to you if you break them, kinda like the traffic laws.

No. Thats absurd. You defied the Law and ate the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate and so you have become an unclean creature that cannot ruminate. You prove this with every post.

The law was never about what you eat or what you wear or the sexual preferences of consenting adults. What became tradition after the death of Moses was the wrong way to follow the law.

This is what became obsolete. The ignorant literal way to understand the Law that Jesus died opposing. The exact same perverse literal interpretation of the law that you dimwits perpetuate.

Last edited:
Who is the Lion of Judah? All my life I thought they were saying line of Judah. Matthew 1:3 places Jesus in the line of Judah. So what about the other eleven tribes? Do they identify as "Jews"? This is an intriguing distinction. Israelites seems to be a broader category than Jew. People just pretend that the word Jew, Jewish, and Judaism isn't related to the tribe of Judah. It obviously is. So what gives? Why is the term Jew applied to all Hebrews? Or is it?
Timeo Danaos et Dona Ferentes ("Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts")

There is a theory that the "Danaos,"a name for Greeks that was mentioned in the Iliad and the Aeneid, became the Hebrew tribe of Dan. This is the way to treat the Biblical narratives. Also, it confirms the probability that the Greeks lost at Troy and were scattered (as in the Odyssey) all over the lands around the Mediterranean Sea.

Yes. All the theories are interesting. I like the one that says we are living in a vast computer game.

I agree. The theory I like the most is that we are living in a giant computer simulation.

NEW YORK—If you, me and every person and thing in the cosmos were actually characters in some giant computer game, we would not necessarily know it. The idea that the universe is a simulation sounds more like the plot of “The Matrix,” but it is also a legitimate scientific hypothesis. Researchers pondered the controversial notion Tuesday at the annual Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate here at the American Museum of Natural History.

Moderator Neil deGrasse Tyson, director of the museum’s Hayden Planetarium, put the odds at 50-50 that our entire existence is a program on someone else’s hard drive. “I think the likelihood may be very high,” he said. He noted the gap between human and chimpanzee intelligence, despite the fact that we share more than 98 percent of our DNA. Somewhere out there could be a being whose intelligence is that much greater than our own. “We would be drooling, blithering idiots in their presence,” he said. “If that’s the case, it is easy for me to imagine that everything in our lives is just a creation of some other entity for their entertainment.”

***snip***

And there are other reasons to think we might be virtual. For instance, the more we learn about the universe, the more it appears to be based on mathematical laws. Perhaps that is not a given, but a function of the nature of the universe we are living in. “If I were a character in a computer game, I would also discover eventually that the rules seemed completely rigid and mathematical,” said Max Tegmark, a cosmologist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). “That just reflects the computer code in which it was written.”

Furthermore, ideas from information theory keep showing up in physics. “In my research I found this very strange thing,” said James Gates, a theoretical physicist at the University of Maryland. “I was driven to error-correcting codes—they’re what make browsers work. So why were they in the equations I was studying about quarks and electrons and supersymmetry? This brought me to the stark realization that I could no longer say people like Max are crazy.”
The Netrix Reloaded

Thought-control is about the interpretation of events, not so much about whether they really happened or not. In fact, this emphasis that only the factuality of them is important is part of thought-control. That's why the controllers allowed The Matrix, to throw us off from what we should really be emphasizing.

Sure.... and maybe judgment day has come and gone, time has already ended, the dead have come out of their graves, the devil has been tossed into the lake of fire, and sinners have been entering the kingdom Heaven ever since God farted angels out of the sky a very long time ago.

Apparently you have been left behind.
Sorry, but others have already read my comments and agree with them. You are on your own island, all alone.

No. Thats absurd. You defied the Law and ate the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate and so you have become an unclean creature that cannot ruminate. You prove this with every post.
I stopped eating unclean meats over 50 years ago.
The law was never about what you eat or what you wear or the sexual preferences of consenting adults. What became tradition after the death of Moses was the wrong way to follow the law
Most had a practical application, such as not plowing with an ass and oxen yoked together. It was a law of separation but also not very efficient in the practical sense as the two differed in strength, size, temperament, etc.
This is what became obsolete. The ignorant literal way to understand the Law that Jesus died opposing. The exact same perverse literal interpretation of the law that you dimwits perpetuate.
Jesus obeyed the written law while it was in effect, but railed against the unscriptural 'traditions', which corrupted the law and laid burdens on the people that God never intended.

Oddly enough, many Christians are not that big on Logos, reason. They seem to think of intelligence, reasoning, as some sort of hideous aberration or mark of the devil. lol. Thats why creatures that do not ruminate (reason) have been judged by God as unclean, vile and loathsome;

Their flesh, "just believe", defiles and contaminates the mind to the point of uselessness.
You can only stare at your navel for so long before you realize...it's just your navel. :auiqs.jpg:

The Netrix Reloaded

Thought-control is about the interpretation of events, not so much about whether they really happened or not. In fact, this emphasis that only the factuality of them is important is part of thought-control. That's why the controllers allowed The Matrix, to throw us off from what we should really be emphasizing.
Interesting thought.

***snip***

So where does all this leave The Matrix as we look to the future?
Some believe full-circle. In 2016, a group of physicists suggested it is likely that our universe is not real and is instead a giant simulation run by a higher power. Technologists in Silicon Valley, including Tesla boss Elon Musk, have supported the idea.
As implausible as it sounds, it fits the legacy of The Matrix. As Neo warned the machines in 1999: "I'm going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders and boundaries… a world where anything is possible".

Judaism is the world’s oldest monotheistic religion, dating back nearly 4,000 years. Jesus himself was a Jew, and as a religion Christianity began with his death. These are historical facts and one's belief in Christianity or not has no bearing on that. Looking forward to your perspective however, that tells us how Christianity could have come 1st.

Agree on most, but not that Judaism is the oldest monotheistic religion.
Egyptians and many others had monotheistic religions before Judaism.
In fact, almost all religions started as monotheistic, and simply combined when different religions came in contact.
Even more important, is that Moses likely was Tut Mose, the brother of Akhenaten.
If the Hebrew really had been from the Sinai. then they would have been happy to have returned to the wilderness, and could not have attacked the Canaanites and stolen Jerusalem, Jerico, and other cities starting with 'J'.

Who is the Lion of Judah? All my life I thought they were saying line of Judah. Matthew 1:3 places Jesus in the line of Judah. So what about the other eleven tribes? Do they identify as "Jews"? This is an intriguing distinction. Israelites seems to be a broader category than Jew. People just pretend that the word Jew, Jewish, and Judaism isn't related to the tribe of Judah. It obviously is. So what gives? Why is the term Jew applied to all Hebrews? Or is it?

Hebrew are not the same as Jews.
Jew is a nick name picked up ONLY by those Hebrew living in Jerusalem.
Hebrew living outside of Jerusalem, like in Samaria, are not Jews.

All Jews are Israelites, but not all Israelites are Jews. Those who study the subject know this, those who don't...don't.

{...
Is·ra·el·ite
[ˈizrēəˌlīt]

NOUN
Israelites (plural noun)
  1. a member of the ancient Hebrew nation, especially in the period from the Exodus to the Babylonian Captivity (c.12th to 6th centuries BC).
    ...}

The actual name of the culture is Hebrew, and Israelite only refers to those who invaded the Land of Canaan and defeated by the Babylonians.

The Commandments are always in effect ...
- autopilot for woodz , whoever made them up ....

Yer too cryptic, can't catch yer meaning.

- surly not those of the liar moses used to persecute and victimize the innocent ... or for that matter any found in the desert religions.

1st century - liberation theology, self determination ... not exactly the c-bible, how to treat your slaves - commandment.

A son of Abraham was Isaac and a son of Isaac was Jacob. Jacob's name was changed to Israel:

Genesis 32:24-28
24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob’s thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

The posterity of Israel is known as the House of Israel. Israel had 12 sons and one daughter and these are their names. From them come the twelve tribes of Israel:

Sons of Leah
1. Rueben
2. Simeon
3. Levi
4. Judah
9. Issachar
10. Zebulun

(Dinah a daughter)

Sons of Bilhah
5. Dan
6. Naphtali

Sons of Zilpah
7. Gad
8. Asher

Sons of Rachel
11. Joseph
12. Benjamin

The Jews are the posterity of Judah. Through this lineage, Jesus Christ the Savior was born. Later Joseph had two sons named Ephraim and Manasseh. These two were eventually adopted by Israel and are also numbered among the tribes of Israel. See Genesis 47-48. This is why we see Manasseh's name mentioned in the restoration of the tribes of Israel in Revelation 7. Ephraim is the tribe of Joseph mentioned. Basically Joseph, who won the birthright was given a double portion and those portions went to Ephraim who received the birthright under Joseph and to his other son Manasseh. Notice in Revelation 7 that Judah is mentioned as one of the tribes of Israel and thus are numbered among the house of Israel.

This is not the context in which Jesus Christ himself used this verse when the quoted it to the Jews who accused him of blasphemy for saying he was the Son of God.

John 10:31-36
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Here Jesus counters the Jews charge that he was committing basphemy by claiming he was the Son of God by referring back to Psalms 82:6 saying that He himself (the God of the Old Testament) said, "Ye are gods" showing the Jews that their own law states that their Lord claimed that we are all gods, even children of the Most High. He is saying that if we are all gods, how can you be opposed to me claiming that I am the Son of God. Jesus is telling us in what context he used this phrase as the God of the Old Testament. He is saying that it was used to say that we, as the literal offspring of God the Father, are gods and not judges or bearers of the world of God, etc, etc. The context is used to counter the Jews claim that it was blasphemy to consider yourself as a god. Jesus clearly points out that the God of the Old Testament considers all his children to be gods and thus it is not blasphemy for Jesus to claim to be the Son of God. Here Jesus himself clears up the issue as God himself of the Old Testament as to what this verse really means. We as the literal offspring of God the Father are his children, and as you yourself have pointed out, that makes us all gods in the sense that we are his offspring and children.

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Here the Apostle Paul teaches us very clearly also that we are the offspring of God. It's not that there are no other gods which are the offspring of the Father but that there are no other Gods that are the ruler of Heaven and Earth and the only one whom we should worship and consider as our supreme leader. The Apostle Paul also gave us the following:

1 Corinthians 8:4-6
4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Here Paul tells us that we know that idols are nothing in the world. So outright he establishes that he and those to whom he is speaking to know that idols are not gods and are nothing in the world. He then goes on to tell us that there are those who are called gods both in heaven and on earth (just as Jesus has called us gods) and clarifies that there are gods many and lords many that do exist. But then he puts all these other gods that exist in place of how we should treat them in relation to the one we should honor and worship by telling us that to us there is only one God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom are all things and we by him. Thus clarifying that, yes, there are gods many and lords many but there is only one whom we should honor and worship as the Father of our spirits and the creator of all things.

We are already gods. That is what Jesus tells us in John 10:34. In the sense that we are the offspring of God the Father, we are gods. Can we progress to become like our Father in heaven? I think there are a few verses in the New Testament that tell us that we can become like our Father in Heaven.

Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Why would Jesus command us to be as perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect if it were not possible?

John 17:20-23
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Here Jesus pray that those who believe in him can become one with the Father and Jesus even as they are one that we can be made perfect in one. How is Jesus one with the Father? What does it mean to become one even as Jesus is one with the Father? Combine this with Matthew 5:48 and yes, I believe that our Father in heaven has provide a means whereby we can become one as Jesus is one with the Father and that we can become pefect even as the Father himself is perfect.
Again........Jesus is not declaring that the Jewish leaders are God, or anyone will become Gods.....He is chastising them for making themselves appear as God. Indeed Jesus is referencing Ps. 82 ......because the Jewish law givers were guilty of the same sins described in Ps. 82. Making themselves of more importance than the law or those who serve the righteous laws of God.

Then they are attempting to accuse Jesus of working with Satan instead of the Father because Jesus declared that He is the Son of God. Here is the context with the subject matter intact. "For this reason (Jesus claimed He was the Son of God), the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He was not only breaking the Sabbath, but was calling God His own Father, making Himself Equal with God." -- John 5:18. Strange that you would "cherry pick" passages away from the context of the entire Gospel of John..where Jesus was describing Himself Equal with the Father because He was the Son of God. This equality is also stated in (Phil. 2:6-10).

And to make it perfectly clear that the Godhead consists of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, Jesus declared........go forth and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost (Matthew 28:18-19) All power in heaven and on earth was given to Jesus the Son of Man from someone with the authority to do as much.....God the Father.

Then of course we find God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit being present at the same instance in time after John the Baptist baptized Jesus, God Spoke from Heaven, while the Son of God Jesus was coming up out of the water, with the Holy Ghost descending upon Jesus in the form of a dove.....all together at the same instance. Jesus did no miracles as the Son of God until the Holy Ghost fell upon Him in the form of a dove. Jesus earthly ministry lasted but 3 Years, as He was 30 when John Baptized Him. (Luke 3:22-23, Matthew 3:16)

Read Matthew 23 concerning the Jewish leadership. They were not following the righteous Laws of the Mosaic Covenant...they were teaching man made traditions, making the Law of non-effect. As far as being "perfect" in worship the scriptures explain exactly what was being declared.........its the revealed Word of God that makes one whole/perfect as all scriptures are inspired from God.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for DOCTRINE, for REPROOF, for CORRECTION, for INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS, THAT THE MAN OF GOD MAY BE "PERFECT", thoroughly furnished unto all good works." -- 2 Tim. 3:16-17 Being perfect in receiving TRUTH from Heaven........does not make sinful man gods.

Perhaps YOU can become GOD if you do as Jesus the Son of Man/the Son of God did..............be born of a woman, born under the law, and walk this life from cradle to grave sin free.

Question when did the Father give all authority in heaven and on earth to any other man than Christ Jesus the Messiah?

God communicates with mankind today through the revelations of Jesus Christ (Heb. 1:1)......found only in one Place, the Perfect Law of Liberty (James 1:25)....i.e, the New Testament Covenant of Christ Jesus....this is the perfection presented in the Holy Scriptures. Paul declared the same thing, "When that which is PERFECT COMES......" -- 1 Cor. 13 When all the revelations that were required to find salvation from the Grace offered by Jesus' sacrifice......the supernatural gifts ceased in the 1st century. They were bound in one Book, the Holy Scriptures. As it's the Holy Scriptures that establishes DOCTRINE as stated clearly in 2 Tim. 3:16, not con-artists 1800 years after the Perfect Law of Liberty was established. What kind of person can be so gullible as to fall for such an obvious corruption of the Word of God?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back