Zone1 Which came first, Christianity or Judaism?

Memories are not physiological? since when?

- since the awareness of future generation - ever heard of evolution ...

then of course - jews deny spiritual, than hereditary - your confusion is somewhat understandable.

What makes you think someone else has to “pay” for people’s sins? That’s an entirely Christian concept. How can you not understand that?

In Judaism, one does the best he can to observe the mitzvot Gd has commanded us, atone for our OWN sins by asking forgiveness when we fail and making amends for them, and vowing not to repeat them.

Also, not sure what you mean by I “claim” to be a Jew.
An Evasion of Accountability

Redemption by another person is as ridiculous as a boss forgiving his incompetent workers by whipping his son in front of them. This way of avoiding punishment must have been put in later. It lets people off the hook.

In the thread titled, "Knowledge, the forbidden fruit", ABikerSailor requested I start this new thread to discuss this topic. ABikerSailor contends that Judaism came before Christianity. I contend the opposite. Below are my opening remarks:

I understand that this discussion will come to no agreement if you do not believe in Christianity. So that is my first question to you, are you a believer in Christ and the things he taught? If not, then I will simply state why I believe that a belief in Christ came before Judaism and leave it at that. However, if you do believe in Christ, then a more detailed discussion about Christ would be in order and the discussion can continue.
Why does it matter? They are both beautiful religions! Just like Islam. I am a Catholic. And I respect other religions. I could care less who came first!

Redemption by another person is as ridiculous as a boss forgiving his incompetent workers by whipping his son in front of them. This way of avoiding punishment must have been put in later. It lets people off the hook.
Sometimes people need that. I recently helped both my kids out financially. It wasn't my fault that they are having hard times, but I am paying for it. And it is my pleasure and my duty to help them.

Say What?

Logos means "plan." How do they get away with translating it as "word" (rhema)? It's as uncommunicative as "In the beginning was the Number."
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. of speech
    1. a word, uttered by a living voice, embodies a conception or idea
    2. what someone has said
      1. a word
      2. the sayings of God
      3. decree, mandate or order
      4. of the moral precepts given by God
      5. Old Testament prophecy given by the prophets
      6. what is declared, a thought, declaration, aphorism, a weighty saying, a dictum, a maxim
    3. discourse
      1. the act of speaking, speech
      2. the faculty of speech, skill and practice in speaking
      3. a kind or style of speaking
      4. a continuous speaking discourse - instruction
    4. doctrine, teaching
    5. anything reported in speech; a narration, narrative
    6. matter under discussion, thing spoken of, affair, a matter in dispute, case, suit at law
    7. the thing spoken of or talked about; event, deed
  2. its use as respect to the MIND alone
    1. reason, the mental faculty of thinking, meditating, reasoning, calculating
    2. account, i.e. regard, consideration
    3. account, i.e. reckoning, score
    4. account, i.e. answer or explanation in reference to judgment
    5. relation, i.e. with whom as judge we stand in relation
      1. reason would
    6. reason, cause, ground
  3. In John, denotes the essential Word of God, Jesus Christ, the personal wisdom and power in union with God, his minister in creation and government of the universe, the cause of all the world's life both physical and ethical, which for the procurement of man's salvation put on human nature in the person of Jesus the Messiah, the second person in the Godhead, and shone forth conspicuously from His words and deeds.
    Note: A Greek philosopher named Heraclitus first used the term Logos around 600 B.C. to designate the divine reason or plan which coordinates a changing universe. Cambridge Dictionary of Philosophy (2nd ed): Heraclitus, 1999.
Very prophetic. Jesus came to change the universe.

Blue Letter Bible Search

they are yet to be brought to justice for their crime ... in fact such a crime as the reversal of the heavenly intervention during the time of noah - that persists to this day.

- since the awareness of future generation - ever heard of evolution ...

then of course - jews deny spiritual, than hereditary - your confusion is somewhat understandable.
Your response makes no sense----memories are physiologically---anatomically and
chemically -----fixed with the help of your idiotic hippocampus

In the thread titled, "Knowledge, the forbidden fruit", ABikerSailor requested I start this new thread to discuss this topic. ABikerSailor contends that Judaism came before Christianity. I contend the opposite. Below are my opening remarks:

I understand that this discussion will come to no agreement if you do not believe in Christianity. So that is my first question to you, are you a believer in Christ and the things he taught? If not, then I will simply state why I believe that a belief in Christ came before Judaism and leave it at that. However, if you do believe in Christ, then a more detailed discussion about Christ would be in order and the discussion can continue.
Jesus was a Jew......."born of woman, born under the law........." -- Gal. 4:4 Jesus was born a Jew, lived as Jew, and died as a practicing Jew. Christianity did not come into existence..... until after the death and ascension of Jesus Christ, "........they were first called Christians at Antioch." -- Acts 11:26 Gentiles were not accepted into the faith until the house of Cornelius was converted 10 years after the ascension of Jesus Christ. -- Acts 10:1-48

The nation of Biblical Israel was to be evangelized first. -- Romans 1:16-17

Jesus was a Jew......."born of woman, born under the law........." -- Gal. 4:4 Jesus was born a Jew, lived as Jew, and died as a practicing Jew. Christianity did not come into existence..... until after the death and ascension of Jesus Christ, "........they were first called Christians at Antioch." -- Acts 11:26 Gentiles were not accepted into the faith until the house of Cornelius was converted 10 years after the ascension of Jesus Christ. -- Acts 10:1-48

The nation of Biblical Israel was to be evangelized first. -- Romans 1:16-17
What you fail to realize is that Jesus Christ is the God of the Old Testament and was the true God of the Jewish people of the Bible. Thus it is all Christianity.

What you fail to realize is that Jesus Christ is the God of the Old Testament and was the true God of the Jewish people of the Bible. Thus it is all Christianity.

Again.........................then why did Jesus tell His disciples when asked about the day He would return "nobody but the Father knows"? If Jesus and God were one and the same, wouldn't He (They) have been able to tell them?

As far as the Trinity? Strictly a Christian invention.................

While the developed doctrine of the Trinity is not explicit in the books that constitute the New Testament, it was first formulated as early Christians attempted to understand the relationship between Jesus and God in their scriptural documents and prior traditions.[14]

An early reference to the three "persons" of later Trinitarian doctrines appears towards the end of the first century, where Clement of Rome rhetorically asks in his epistle as to why corruption exists among some in the Christian community; "Do we not have one God, and one Christ, and one gracious Spirit that has been poured out upon us, and one calling in Christ?" (1 Clement 46:6).[71] A similar example is found in the first century Didache, which directs Christians to "baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit".
[72]

***snip***

Massachusetts Institute of Technology physicist Max Tegmark, told space.com: "We can portray our reality as either a three-dimensional place where stuff happens over time, or as a four-dimensional place where nothing happens [‘block universe’] — and if it really is the second picture, then change really is an illusion, because there's nothing that's changing; it's all just there — past, present, future.

“We have the illusion, at any given moment, that the past already happened and the future doesn't yet exist, and that things are changing.

“But all I'm ever aware of is my brain state right now. The only reason I feel like I have a past is that my brain contains memories.”
I enjoy all that advanced physics and quantum physics stuff on a very shallow level. I kind of imagine that even the math geniuses who come up with their various formulae and insights don’t understand it much better.

Forum List

Back