Zone1 Which came first, Christianity or Judaism?

what about "sacrifices" at the time you call "biblical" ?
They were killed to purify the priests and for atonement of sins of the people. Various animals were killed including birds, depending on what one could afford. See surada's link three posts back.

Last edited:
They were killed to purify the priests and for atonement of sins of the people. Various animals were killed including birds, depending on what one could afford. See surada's link three posts back.
wrong-----animals were killed to feed the LANDLESS Levites. LOL @ surada's link

Christianity as a religion didn't exist until after the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Except there were multiple Jesus sightings in the Old Testament.

Figure that one out.
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made” (John 1:1–3).

Socrates, who lived thousands of years before Christ, once said that if a righteous man who spoke the truth walked the earth, the masses would murder him.

So yea, they murdered Socrates as well for speaking what he believed the truth. All he had to do was recant and they would have spared him, but he died for what he believed to be the truth.

Truth has a way of pissing people off.

Funny that.

1685164855889.jpeg

Or — and stay with me here for a moment — maybe time is really just a construct in which nothing ever comes “before” anything else.

***snip***

Massachusetts Institute of Technology physicist Max Tegmark, told space.com: "We can portray our reality as either a three-dimensional place where stuff happens over time, or as a four-dimensional place where nothing happens [‘block universe’] — and if it really is the second picture, then change really is an illusion, because there's nothing that's changing; it's all just there — past, present, future.

“We have the illusion, at any given moment, that the past already happened and the future doesn't yet exist, and that things are changing.

“But all I'm ever aware of is my brain state right now. The only reason I feel like I have a past is that my brain contains memories.”

Sheol is mentioned many times.

Are you denying that? Do you believe Sheol exists or not? If so what is it like?
the actual existence of a deep dark "underworld" for dead souls is ill-defined in
jewish writings and scholarship

So you claim it is “ill-defined”, then you get to make up whatever version of it you want?
nope----I get to read about that which scholars conjectures----it is clear that
they considered the discussions CONJECTURE. Of course I could IMAGINE
anything I wish to were I so inclined

Sheol is mentioned many times.

Are you denying that? Do you believe Sheol exists or not? If so what is it like?
I never heard of Sheol either. Certainly was never mentioned throughout years of Sunday School, and i never once heard my rabbi mention it in a sermon.

I never heard of Sheol either. Certainly was never mentioned throughout years of Sunday School, and i never once heard my rabbi mention it in a sermon.
Sheol is simply the grave, called "hell" in English translations of the OT. "Gehenna" in the Greek. The term also suggests eternal death (not eternal life in torment), the punishment for unrepentant sinners.

And you call yourself a Jew?

I suppose they don’t want you to know what it was written about it. I wonder why that is?
Could it be because those texts lead to Christ?

***snip***

Massachusetts Institute of Technology physicist Max Tegmark, told space.com: "We can portray our reality as either a three-dimensional place where stuff happens over time, or as a four-dimensional place where nothing happens [‘block universe’] — and if it really is the second picture, then change really is an illusion, because there's nothing that's changing; it's all just there — past, present, future.

“We have the illusion, at any given moment, that the past already happened and the future doesn't yet exist, and that things are changing.

“But all I'm ever aware of is my brain state right now. The only reason I feel like I have a past is that my brain contains memories.”

memories - thoughts of the past are no different than projections of the future ... and is not physiological.

That's because you, like most Christians as well, have been spoon fed what your Rabbi's want you to believe, and nothing else. Get your nose into your Bible and read it for yourself.

Forum List

Back