Zone1 Which came first, Christianity or Judaism?

Again.........................then why did Jesus tell His disciples when asked about the day He would return "nobody but the Father knows"? If Jesus and God were one and the same, wouldn't He (They) have been able to tell them?

As far as the Trinity? Strictly a Christian invention.................

While the developed doctrine of the Trinity is not explicit in the books that constitute the New Testament, it was first formulated as early Christians attempted to understand the relationship between Jesus and God in their scriptural documents and prior traditions.[14]

An early reference to the three "persons" of later Trinitarian doctrines appears towards the end of the first century, where Clement of Rome rhetorically asks in his epistle as to why corruption exists among some in the Christian community; "Do we not have one God, and one Christ, and one gracious Spirit that has been poured out upon us, and one calling in Christ?" (1 Clement 46:6).[71] A similar example is found in the first century Didache, which directs Christians to "baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit".
[72]
I don't believe that the doctrine of the Trinity is the true doctrine of the godhead. The Trinity doctrine states that the Father and Son are the same being but separate and distinct persons. That to me is mumble jumble. God the Father and Jesus Christ are separate and distinct beings and individuals. The oneness of God is that they are one in purpose. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we do not believe the doctrine of the trinity. We believe that God the Father is an exalted man with a perfected body of flesh and bones who is perfect and has all knowledge and power that can be had by a God. Jesus Christ was his firstborn spirit child and was a most excellent spirit. He was perfect in spirit but had not yet received a body. We believe that having an immortal body is part of the perfection of God and mankind. Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost were chosen as spirit children of the Father to be members of the Godhead in the beginning. Jesus, as the second member of the Godhead, created all things that were created according to the Bible (see John 1:1-3, 14). He had tremendous power given him before the foundation of this world. Thus the Father, through Jesus, created this earth and mankind. In John 1 we also learn that God the Father had never been seen by mankind up to the days of John according to John 1:18. However, the God of the Old Testament had been seen by several prophets. For example see Genesis 32:30 and Exodus 33:11. We believe that Jesus Christ was the Great I AM and Jehovah of the Old Testament. Jesus verifies this in John 8:58 when he tells the Jews that he is I AM. Jesus himself while on this earth tells us that his Father is greater than he is (see John 14:28). And as I have shown you before in a previous post, Jesus does nothing but what the Father would have him do (see John 5:19). We don't know if Jesus had a perfect knowledge before being born on earth, but while on the earth, as you have pointed out, he did not have a perfect knowledge that the Father had. However, since Jesus is completely subordinate to the Father as the second member of the Godhead, the godhead is believed to be all knowing because of the perfection of the Father because they are one in purpose and the Father is the head of the godhead. It may be that before experiencing his earth life, Jesus may have also had all knowledge, we don't know. However, with the Father being part of the godhead, we don't need to speculate but know that a knowledge of all things was had among the godhead. I believe now that Jesus has resurrected and taken his seat next to the Father in heaven, He now also has a perfect knowledge and is an exalted and immortal man like the Father. All things in heaven and earth are directed under the direction of the Father. Jesus was a most excellent spirit and when he came to this earth he lived a life without sin unto perfection. Because of this, he was a perfectly innocent and a godly being who was not part of the fall. However, because he was the son of Mary, he could die at his own choosing.

John 10:17-18
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Thus Jesus voluntarily layed down his life so that mankind could be forgiven if they would repent though he deserved none of it, it was unjust that he suffer. His recompense for all the suffering and death was that he won the right to forgive sin if mankind would repent and change their lives into being good beings. All mankind has sinned and fallen short of the kingdom of heaven and without forgiveness of sin no man could be saved into the kingdom of heaven. However, God has provided a way for us to learn good from evil in this life and find forgiveness of sin for our imperfections and mistakes if we would only repent.

So Jesus and the Father are not the same being and the Father is greater than the Christ according to Jesus himself. Yes, there was that one thing that you point out that clearly shows that the Father and Son are not the same being and are separate and distinct beings and persons. Jesus, to be one in purpose with the Father needs to be totally submissive to the Father. This was a difficult choice for Jesus when faced with the suffer he was to bear and asked the Father to "take this cup from me, nevertheless not my will but thine be done". Jesus submitted to the will of the Father and completed the salvation of mankind. Jesus was exceeding great in my eyes and was the God of the Old Testament whom the prophets spoke to face to face. He is the author of what the Jews believe to be the Law of Moses. He was in the beginning with God and he, as a member of the godhead, was God.

Who came first, Moses or Jesus???

Maybe Moses by 1300 years....

Jesus was a Jew. The paradox of Christianity is as follows.

Jews observed Jesus. Jews do not believe in Jesus (otherwise there would be no Judaism, but rather just Christianity, since the Christian Bible contains the Torah).

So every other demographic that does believe in Jesus is sure they get better information on Jesus from a BOOK written by Jews 2000 years ago than those who were actually there and observed Jesus when he was alive.

Sorry, but parroting is not a good way to find truth. Observing is...

What Jews say about Jesus actually makes complete sense, starting with

Give up everything and follow me....

Um, Jesus, who gets all of my possessions?

Jesus = I do, and you get a hut, the right to shut up and follow orders and eat whatever I give you....

Who cheered Barabbas? Who cheered the actual crucifixion?

The 5000 morons who fell for the "I can see" scam and lost everything...

The ORIGINAL MORONS = the ORIGINAL "Christians"

Moses was the leader of the Hebrews. Jacob was later named Israel which accounts for the Israelites. I assume the Jews were a break off from Judah, one of Jacob's sons.

I don't know when Judaism was started though. Was it hundreds of years after Judah died or was it thousands of years after Judah died? The New Testament mentions the Jew and the Greek. I will have to recheck my references. Doesn't Jesus call people Jews at some point? I am going to agree with before Jesus but that is without me researching it. I know New Testament books reference Jews. I just don't remember if it is referenced in the four gospels.

Moses was the leader of the Hebrews. Jacob was later named Israel which accounts for the Israelites. I assume the Jews were a break off from Judah, one of Jacob's sons.

I don't know when Judaism was started though. Was it hundreds of years after Judah died or was it thousands of years after Judah died? The New Testament mentions the Jew and the Greek. I will have to recheck my references. Doesn't Jesus call people Jews at some point? I am going to agree with before Jesus but that is without me researching it. I know New Testament books reference Jews. I just don't remember if it is referenced in the four gospels.
I am fascinated with your statement. Of course you need not answer but I wonder if you
are a christian. Also I wonder if you attended "sunday school" as a child

I wonder if you
are a christian. Also I wonder if you attended "sunday school" as a child

There are 8 billion people on the planet but 80 billion definitions of the word Christian so I cannot answer your first question without hearing you elaborate on the particular meaning of the word Christian.

Yes. I religiously attended Sunday School as a child and even way into my adulthood. I am heavily indoctrinated with the evangelical flavor of Christianity. We are a foolish bunch by virtue. We reject scholarly teachings on theological issues and rely on individual literal interpretation of scripture. The assumption is that each individual is personally equipped to hear from God through unguided study of scripture. "The veil was torn" many say. We don't have to turn to another man to hear from God anymore. I am only giving you the basis of who I am culturally. You aren't seeing my personal intimate thoughts.

- since the awareness of future generation - ever heard of evolution ...

then of course - jews deny spiritual, than hereditary - your confusion is somewhat understandable.
Your response makes no sense----memories are physiologically---anatomically and
chemically -----fixed with the help of your idiotic hippocampus

no, memories are not physiological ... they are metaphysical.

physiology is a metaphysical substance that requires a spiritual content that when removed causes the physiology to dissolve into the atmosphere neither are native to planet earth both are celestial.

1685266560137.png

the physical example of the spiritual content that transforms the physiology from a land creature to an avian ... there is no - cmu - brain, hippocampus during the process ...

no, memories are not physiological ... they are metaphysical.

physiology is a metaphysical substance that requires a spiritual content that when removed causes the physiology to dissolve into the atmosphere neither are native to planet earth both are celestial.

View attachment 789430

the physical example of the spiritual content that transforms the physiology from a land creature to an avian ... there is no - cmu - brain, hippocampus during the process ...
oh----ok-----nice to know----I got that one wrong on the neurophysiology boards

There are 8 billion people on the planet but 80 billion definitions of the word Christian so I cannot answer your first question without hearing you elaborate on the particular meaning of the word Christian.

Yes. I religiously attended Sunday School as a child and even way into my adulthood. I am heavily indoctrinated with the evangelical flavor of Christianity. We are a foolish bunch by virtue. We reject scholarly teachings on theological issues and rely on individual literal interpretation of scripture. The assumption is that each individual is personally equipped to hear from God through unguided study of scripture. "The veil was torn" many say. We don't have to turn to another man to hear from God anymore. I am only giving you the basis of who I am culturally. You aren't seeing my personal intimate thoughts.
thanks for answering----no big theological discussion from me. As a kid I did attend
Sunday school with a protestant playmate ---maybe a dozen times. As a "reader"
I did read the NT and OT----since THEY WERE AVAILABLE. I am "born a jew" but
never attended "jew classes". Since I did read the books as a casual reader----I am
AMAZED at how little MOST people know about them. Here it is----Jacob was the
son of Isaac who was the son of the FOUNDER OF JUDAISM---ABRAHAM (as in accords).
Jacob had 12 sons who became the heads of the 12 "tribes" of "ISRAEL" ---(jacob became
Israel after a metaphysical boxing match with the Angel Gabriel.)) On his deathbed, Jacob
(aka Israel) named his son JUDAH as KING over the whole group. THAT is how all
became called JOOOOS. Moses was a JOOO of the family of LEVI----ie he was a LEVITE
of the general group of which JUDAH was king-----thus a JOOOO. Jesus was a jew born
in what was then JUDEA under control of the Roman "occupiers" In my learned opinion
he was, clearly, a Pharisee like Itamar ben Gvir

Judaism began in 1321 BC when the Hebrews received the Torah at Mt Sinai. Jews do not read or recognize The New Testament. We read the Old Testament only.

thanks for answering----no big theological discussion from me. As a kid I did attend
never attended "jew classes". Since I did read the books as a casual reader----I am
son of Isaac who was the son of the FOUNDER OF JUDAISM---ABRAHAM (as in accords).
Jacob had 12 sons who became the heads of the 12 "tribes" of "ISRAEL" ---(jacob became
Israel after a metaphysical boxing match with the Angel Gabriel.)) On his deathbed, Jacob
became called JOOOOS. Moses was a JOOO of the family of LEVI----ie he was a LEVITE
of the general group of which JUDAH was king-----thus a JOOOO. Jesus was a jew born
in what was then JUDEA under control of the Roman "occupiers" In my learned opinion

When was the word "Judaism" first used? The term Christian was first used at Antioch. Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that I was a tenth grade, eleventh grade, and sixth grade Bible teacher for a year and a half. August 2018 - March 2020 were the dates I was a teacher. I was fired for a local political scandal that was simultaneous with Covid.

Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you that I was a Bible teacher for a Christian school for 9th graders, 10th graders, and 6th graders from August 2018-March 2020. I was fired for a local political scandal simultaneously with Covid. It was a big ole mess.

Judaism began in 1321 BC when the Hebrews received the Torah at Mt Sinai. Jews do not read or recognize The New Testament. We read the Old Testament only.

Weren't Moses followers called Hebrews at this point? I don't believe the Old Testament uses the term Jew, Jewish, or Judaism. If I were a betting man I would say the word Judaism is in neither the Old Testament or the New Testament.

Your logic is solid but may not be historically complete.

When was the word "Judaism" first used? The term Christian was first used at Antioch. Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that I was a tenth grade, eleventh grade, and sixth grade Bible teacher for a year and a half. August 2018 - March 2020 were the dates I was a teacher. I was fired for a local political scandal that was simultaneous with Covid.

Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you that I was a Bible teacher for a Christian school for 9th graders, 10th graders, and 6th graders from August 2018-March 2020. I was fired for a local political scandal simultaneously with Covid. It was a big ole mess.

"Judaism" is an english word. It does not appear at all in jewish scriptural writings.
Word alluding to "religion" in jewish scriptural writing include something like DAT ---
which is actually an allusion to Law----to wit the laws enumerated in the TORAH

Weren't Moses followers called Hebrews at this point? I don't believe the Old Testament uses the term Jew, Jewish, or Judaism. If I were a betting man I would say the word Judaism is in neither the Old Testament or the New Testament.

Your logic is solid but may not be historically complete.
You can look it up, you flaky bastard. IGNORE.

What you fail to realize is that Jesus Christ is the God of the Old Testament and was the true God of the Jewish people of the Bible. Thus it is all Christianity.
What you fail to realize that what you state is merely the Christian belief. Doesn’t mean it’s necessarily true. Stop stating it as “fact” as if the majority of the people in the world are wrong. It’s offensive and disrespectful.

"Judaism" is an english word. It does not appear at all in jewish scriptural writings.
Word alluding to "religion" in jewish scriptural writing include something like DAT ---
which is actually an allusion to Law----to wit the laws enumerated in the TORAH

So does the term Christianity predate the term Judaism? I think that is the question the OP is posing. Calling Moses Jewish is historically inaccurate even though it may be culturally accurate. I don't believe that term was used at Moses's time. The word Hebrew is what I always seen in stories of Moses. They weren't even Israelites at that point I don't think. I don't think people like to admit that Judaism is a later invention and is not based on the Torah so they assert that Moses started it or Abraham started it. It isn't true. Judaism is based on extra scriptural material and traditions. However, implying that Christianity predates Judaism is probably a stretch too.

So does the term Christianity predate the term Judaism? I think that is the question the OP is posing. Calling Moses Jewish is historically inaccurate even though it may be culturally accurate. I don't believe that term was used at Moses's time. The word Hebrew is what I always seen in stories of Moses. They weren't even Israelites at that point I don't think. I don't think people like to admit that Judaism is a later invention and is not based on the Torah so they assert that Moses started it or Abraham started it. It isn't true. Judaism is based on extra scriptural material and traditions. However, implying that Christianity predates Judaism is probably a stretch too.
oh gee------sorry----but when it comes to the issue of linguistics---you got a serious
deficit. Did you manage to pass high school geometry? <<< I consider high school
geometry to be an INDICATOR of general cognitive ability sometimes called "abstract
reasoning"

Interesting insight. You happen to be very accurate. I was a stellar math student but did flunk geometry because it wasn't a requirement to graduate. I didn't like geometry. I excelled in Algebra and trigonometry.

I am intrigued by the accuracy of your hypothesis.
IMO----trig. and algebra involve 'operations' -----geometry requires, to a greater degree,
ability in spatial relationships. Calculation is (in general) a left brain function. Spatial
relationships are more "right brain" mediated <<<< just an impression

Jesus was a Jew. Judaism had been around for over 1k years. "Moses" is 1300 years before Jesus, at least the first version was. It has been claimed that Joshua offed three different versions of "Moses." Moses was never in control after Mt Sinai, he was a mascot for Joshua.

No one living in the Christian West is immune from traditional beliefs and images regarding Christianity, Jesus, the Bible, touchstone events, etc. It takes careful reading and dedicated study to 'put things right'. This is where the scholarship of others is valuable.

Forum List

Back