When Morality Became Passé…..Democrats

Masculinity, these guys would give their lives to protect women/Toxic Masculinity, doesnt give a shit about women and would watch them get raped.
View attachment 656196

Unless we can pry the schools from them, as earlier American pried their slaves from them.....America is lost.
America is simply circling the drain.

8. “The radicals of the sixties did not remain within the universities…They realized that the apocalypse never materialized. “…they were dropping off into environmentalism and consumerism and fatalism…I watched many of my old comrades apply to graduate school in universities they had failed to burn down, so they could get advanced degrees and spread the ideas that had been discredited in the streets under an academic cover.” Collier and Horowitz, “Destructive Generation: Second Thoughts About The Sixties,” p. 294-295.

“It is true the college-educated radicals have been around since the 1960s. Today, however, their reach is found everywhere in society. The education establishment has become monopolized, religion is in decline, and the strong family structure from previous generations has become unglued. Ignoring these developments and hoping America will find itself again is not going to be remedied using conventional tactics.” Welch, Op. Cit.

The Left actually feels strong enough to admit out loud that they plan to destroy the family…..and it speaks of their forebears:

After losing power, Leon Trotsky would claim that the reason that communism had not been successful was that Stalin had not been ruthless enough in his efforts to eliminate the family. See Trotsky's The Revolution Betrayed, trans. Max Eastman, New York, 1965, pp. 145ff.
The Abolition of the Family

9. Robert Bork:
“The human attempt for self-gratification is usually kept in check, within bounds, by religion, morality, law, and, by the necessity to work hard based on the fear of want.
Much of the former was removed by the French Revolution, and in modern America, and another restriction was removed by the rising affluence of the last century; suppressed by WWI, and then by the Depression, but released by the 9-year expansion of the 1960’s. The effect of affluence was increased, multiplied, by the fact that parents, who had known the hardships of the Depression, and WWII, were determined to give their children every comfort that they could. Earning it no longer mattered.”

A leader of SDS wrote :” Without thinking about it, we all took the fat of the land for granted.” Todd Gitlin, “The Sixties: Years of Hope, Days of Rage,” p. 104

10. Once the morality of earlier times has been dispensed with, theft, penalizing innocent individuals, unequal justice before the law, depriving earners of the fruits of their labors, becomes not just possible, but a vote-buying endeavor, and a very successful one.

See if this sounds a lot like the Democrat regime:

“progressive reform.” means rounding up all those who are beneath the average in prosperity or acceptability in mainstream-majority society, or if not, at least highly dissatisfied with the lot of those who are, and mobilizing them as a democratic majority to impose transfers of wealth and status from those who have earned or inherited it to the less fortunate or successful. ... a constant process of evaluating where the electoral majorities are, pitching to them as victims in the name of a benign state, and representing to those who pay for these transfers that it is their Christian and social duty and that they should rejoice in their opportunity to better the quality and stability of American life and society.

In Mrs. Clinton’s America, spiritual inspiration exists to pursue redistributive materialism, all “progress” apart from a little doughty self-help is the result of state intervention, the state has a practically unlimited right and duty to correct meritocratic as well as inherited or exploitive socioeconomic imbalances, and the U.S. Democratic party must be a secular church militant where those who oppose abortions (about half the American public) are, along with many other large groups, unwelcome.

This isn’t really Christianity or democracy; it easily slips into rank acquisition of votes with the money of part of the electorate in a cynical and corrupt manner..."

1.You might think it began when you elected the President who taught children to ask about oral sex.....a Democrat.

2. Actually, it began much earlier. It took hold in the 1960s, and was due to the explosion of the post-war generation:

“Rathenau called [this] ‘the vertical invasion of the barbarians.’” Jose Ortega y Gasset, “The Revolt of the Masses,” p. 53.

The baby boomers were a generation so large that they formed their own culture. The generation from 1922-1947 numbered 43.6 million, while that of 1946-1964 had 79 million.

3. We call it postmodernism, and it is the central thesis of Leftist Democrat thought: there is no right or wrong, no eternal truth, and we fight anything or anyone that suggests restricting one’s satisfaction. That means morality.

“But the belief that autonomous individuals had the right to make subjective judgment about what was right for them in pursuit of their unchallengeable entitlement to happiness destroyed that understanding. Progressives interpreted liberty as license, thus destroying the moral rules that make freedom a virtue."
Melanie Phillips

Perhaps you recall these sort of headlines:

Obama's 'Postmodernism', Humanism and History - SAGE ...

https://journals.sagepub.com › pdf › pfie.2009.7.3.349
by MA Peters · 2009 — The term 'postmodernism' has recently been used to describe President Barack Obama, and not by just one commentator. Jonah Goldberg in a recent USA Today ...

Obama's Postmodern Vision - National Review

https://www.nationalreview.com › 2012/01 › obamas-p...
Jan 11, 2012 — In a word, Obama is a postmodernist. That is a trendy word for someone who leaves academia believing that there are not really absolute facts, ...

Ben Shapiro - If Obama is the first postmodern president

https://m.facebook.com › posts › if-obama-is-the-first-p...
Apr 29, 2016 — If Obama is the first postmodern president, welcome to the first postmodern presidential primary:

4. Without morality, "me" becomes the only thing that matters.
“Many younger Americans also seem to have personal identities forged by what the New York Times columnist David Brooks refers to as the “culture of selfism,” meaning, “a culture that puts tremendous emphasis on self, self-care, and self-display.” Rather than viewing morality as living up to external standards like honesty, courage, and patriotism, Brooks writes, “Traditional morality has been replaced by self-indignation, being heard, telling your story and then, of course, condemning the bad people that make you feel judged or sad.”
“An American Divorce,” Welch.

5. In the anniversary week of Normandy, cognizant of that great generation dying out, consider what we lose in that generation.

“…older Americans have seen the before and after of the progressive blueprint in a real-world setting. They have watched their children and grandchildren become part of the lost generation, where self-esteem was promoted without real accomplishment, traditional morality was ridiculed, gender roles were flipped upside down, and the thought of being patriotic to your country was akin to being a country bumpkin.

The results of this social experiment are becoming very apparent to those real- world Americans who live up close and personal with modern-day progressivism in the workplace, in the schools, and in their neighborhoods. They see a world quite different from the utopia being extolled in the lecture seats at the Ivy Leagues. Who is in the best position to witness the leftist experiment without bias?”
Welch, Op.Cit.

1655820077713.png

4. Without morality, "me" becomes the only thing that matters.
“Many younger Americans also seem to have personal identities forged by what the New York Times columnist David Brooks refers to as the “culture of selfism,” meaning, “a culture that puts tremendous emphasis on self, self-care, and self-display.” Rather than viewing morality as living up to external standards like honesty, courage, and patriotism, Brooks writes, “Traditional morality has been replaced by self-indignation, being heard, telling your story and then, of course, condemning the bad people that make you feel judged or sad.”
“An American Divorce,” Welch.

+

#4 really hit home

It's scary the way children are taught to be bratty little narcissists these days. I have known narcissists and they are not fun...

People look at certain strict Christian communities and think they are all a bunch of boring morons who don't know how to laugh or have fun... Well, I can't speak for all strict Christians but I probably laugh better than I ever did... In fact now that I think of it.. when I was a social liberal more or less (never totally accepted a lot of .. what that term implies) I don't recall laughing much at all... Liberals take themselves and everything else seriously..

In any case, this is some of what my hero talks about, namely Marcel Lefebvre, the only bishop who made a serious stand against the liberal infestation that took place at Vatican 2 in the 60s..

His Church is the true Church... Few people seem to know much about this and i didn't learn about until recently and then largely through serendipity...

or God :)

(the Catholic church so called does not want people to know about Lefebvre... which is why I never did until recently.)

Forum List

Back