so much confusion in the Catholic Church... I know I'm not the only one confused...

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
you have what appears to be the Catholic Church... Pope Francis, the cardinals, bishops and priests who tend to the Catholic Churches seen ubiquitously in every town and city everywhere..

Then you have the SSPX who are few and far between

Then you have the sedavacantists who say (as that Latin term describes) that the Chair of Peter is empty...

Well, that last one doesn't make sense, but a whole lot of things don't make sense these days RE the Catholic Church... No wonder so many people are leaving...

No heretic can be pope. I don't know if that is an ex cathedra pronouncement or not but you'd think it would be... and yet we have Pope F who says those who are in adultery (divorced and remarried without Church sanction) can receive Holy Communion. No, they cannot. No one in mortal sin can receive..

Well, I could go on and on... but... Theree needs to be some support group for people like me (us... I know there are millions who feel the way I do)

How about Catholics Anonymous?

Hello, I am RN909 and it's been something like 20 years since I had a drink... ooops! I mean 20 years since I felt I understood anything RE the Church

Answer from others: We hear ya... Keep coming back. It works, if you work it...

sigh

This Pope will die eventually and be replaced with a new one. Endure.

The bigger problem IMHO with the Catholic Church is the hypocrisy. They are supposed to be rigidly pro-life, against birth control and contraceptives and definitely against abortion and yet here they are, allowing Catholics like Biden and Pelosi to do what they're doing. When politics trumps one of the most basic tenets of your religion, you have lost your way.

The bigger problem IMHO with the Catholic Church is the hypocrisy. They are supposed to be rigidly pro-life, against birth control and contraceptives and definitely against abortion and yet here they are, allowing Catholics like Biden and Pelosi to do what they're doing. When politics trumps one of the most basic tenets of your religion, you have lost your way.
Exactly what is the Catholic Church supposed to do to stop Biden and Pelosi?

This Pope will die eventually and be replaced with a new one. Endure.
but he may be as bad as F

sigh

Actually, the pope is not what I am confused about. I know he is not Catholic. That's obvious. That is far from confusing... What is confusing is..

if he is a heretic and we know he is.. (not Catholic) and no heretic can be pope... what the heck is he? Who is the real Pope?

so it seems the sedavacantists are right and yet they can't be right bc Jesus said that the gates of Hell would not prevail against His Church ..

i dunno... maybe I need to pray 100 rosaries over this................. don't know if you're Catholic but sometimes the rosary can really clear things up.. I just never think to pray about Rome .. too many other things/people 2 pray for but maybe it's time...

We've had bad Popes before. They're still the Pope.

SSPX are apostates, don't follow them.

see my post I just wrote...

pope F is not Catholic... Infiltrators took over and dominate the true CAtholics at theVatican...

Anyone saying the Pope isn't really the Pope is preaching division and rebellion.
whatever

Jesus said "I come to bring not peace but a sword"... spoke of how sister would be against sister, daughter against mother, etc...

Forum List

Back