The Science of Morality

Can we objectively evaluate Marxism in comparison to other sociopolitical philosophes and how they each impact the well being of people?
Yes. Marxism Sucks. Its first goal is to destroy Families. Womens Lib and Welfare did that. Then go after Guns and God. Look how well it worked in the USSR and China.

Yes. Marxism Sucks. Its first goal is to destroy Families. Womens Lib and Welfare did that. Then go after Guns and God. Look how well it worked in the USSR and China.

Women's lib isn't Marxism, neither is welfare.

Tell me do you think slavery should be legal? The Christian god thinks so.

From a Darwinian perspective morality exists because it provides a functional advantage that lack of morality doesn't provide. It's the same reason why religion exists and hasn't died out. It provides a functional advantage over atheism.

That's the science.
We can at least agree that modern scientists need to not bring their religious beliefs to the work place.
That only poses a problem if they're expected to not bring their scientific knowledge home

They can't be expected to live a world of lies when attempting to live a world of good and truth.

We don't need to argue over which is which.

Women's lib isn't Marxism, neither is welfare.

Tell me do you think slavery should be legal? The Christian god thinks so.
Islam still HAS Slavery. BTW--I ain't a Christian. But some Faiths are more repellant than others. Islam is a 7th Century Death cult. Started by a Pedophile Warlord.

We can at least agree that modern scientists need to not bring their religious beliefs to the work place.
That only poses a problem if they're expected to not bring their scientific knowledge home

They can't be expected to live a world of lies when attempting to live a world of good and truth.

We don't need to argue over which is which.
That's nice but it has nothing whatsoever to do with "From a Darwinian perspective morality exists because it provides a functional advantage that lack of morality doesn't provide. It's the same reason why religion exists and hasn't died out. It provides a functional advantage over atheism. That's the science."

Islam still HAS Slavery. BTW--I ain't a Christian. But some Faiths are more repellant than others. Islam is a 7th Century Death cult. Started by a Pedophile Warlord.

And do you agree with it?

Certainly there is nothing your god would do to you if you owned slaves.

Doesn't the fact that you would choose a better morality than the god you worship tell you anything?

I'm not an atheist.

I am firmly in the agnostic camp. I do not claim to know the unknowable.

And either you worship the same god as Jews and Muslims or you don't.

You have a persecution complex. No organized religion has the moral authority they each claim to have. Including your religion of choice.

And you have not given me any proof that they do.

I have given you examples of how even zealots like you have chosen a higher moral code than that of your own holy texts and you call me a bigot for that?

Tell me where in the New Testament did Jesus say slavery is a sin and all slaves should be freed immediately upon pain of my father's eternal punishment?

Nowhere.

And yet you would never think owning another human being would be acceptable ( or at least I hope you wouldn't)

Humans are more than capable of choosing a better morality than exists in any religious texts of any organized religion

But I guess that's bigoted in your narrow world view.
Please try to tone down your ugly ill-informed bigotry directed at most of the world’s people.

Jesus came to “release the captives”: Luke 4:18 - The Rejection at Nazareth

The only thing propping up your bigotry is your ignorance.

Your delusions of superiority also make you look ridiculous. Please recognize that people have often used science to justify their hatred: UCL has a racist legacy, but can it move on?

Last edited:
And your ignorance of the history of the region is exceeded only by your ignorance of everything.

Some guy puts a Buddhist face on his desire for power and you think it's a condemnation of Buddhism?

Among morons, you are considered an idiot.

AND
There are a great many buddhist teachings that prove valuable in any enterprise, including the military.

But the primary teachings reject violence in any form.

So peddle your Christist propaganda elsewhere Christist.
Wow you are skilled at evading the facts. You completely ignored the facts I presented about Buddhism.

I guess you are one of those low IQ posters who can only engage in name-calling.

For your sins you may become a dung beetle in your next life.

Please try to tone down your ugly ill-informed bigotry directed at most of the world’s people.

Jesus came to “release the captives”: Luke 4:18 - The Rejection at Nazareth

The only thing propping up your bigotry is your ignorance.

Your delusions of superiority also make you look ridiculous. Please recognize that people have often used science to justify their hatred: UCL has a racist legacy, but can it move on?
Were these "captives" slaves? or prisoners?

There is a difference.

But tell me do you think you should have your rebellious son stoned to death?

Deuteronomy 21

18 If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.” 21 Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death.

Or maybe you're going to tell me it means the "stone of love"

Were these "captives" slaves? or prisoners?

There is a difference.

But tell me do you think you should have your rebellious son stoned to death?

Deuteronomy 21

18 If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.” 21 Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death.

Or maybe you're going to tell me it means the "stone of love"
So you don’t like Judaism.

Jesus taught that we should be kind to our neighbors.

Why can’t you admit people have used science to justify their hatred?

So you don’t like Judaism.

Jesus taught that we should be kind to our neighbors.

Why can’t you admit people have used science to justify their hatred?

The god of the jews is the same god you worship. Don't you people all say that?

And how many people have used their religion to justify their hatred?

How many Christians burned people alive because they dared question the authority of your god?

How do you reconcile that your god , the same god the Jews worship told people to have their rebellious sons stoned to death?

The god of the jews is the same god you worship. Don't you people all say that?

And how many people have used their religion to justify their hatred?

How many Christians burned people alive because they dared question the authority of your god?

How do you reconcile that your god , the same god the Jews worship told people to have their rebellious sons stoned to death?
How many atheists have murdered those they disagreed with?

Do you understand people have different ideas about the nature of God?

How many atheists have murdered those they disagreed with?

Do you understand people have different ideas about the nature of God?
How many Christians have murdered those they disagreed with?

If Christians murder they are not better than atheists no matter what they think of their own moral superiority.

And the fact that people have different ideas of what their gods are just proves that gods are made up by people.

Forum List

Back