The Science of Morality

How many Christians have murdered those they disagreed with?

If Christians murder they are not better than atheists no matter what they think of their own moral superiority.

And the fact that people have different ideas of what their gods are just proves that gods are made up by people.
People have different ideas about France and baseball and cats and snow. Does that mean none of these things are real?

People have different ideas about France and baseball and cats and snow. Does that mean none of these things are real?

I can go to France, I can see and touch snow, I have a cat that walks on my keyboard. No one has to convince me with supernatural mumbo jumbo that these things exist and we can all objectively agree they do. That fact that when you say the word "cat" people all tend to think of a similar image tells you this. You emotions that you associate with any of these things are irrelevant.

Can you do any of these things with a god?

Yes this is a materialist view point but this is a material world and all the things you mentioned are material things or at least concepts about material things. A country after all is nothing but a concept applied to an expanse of real estate.

You can point to things we don't understand and come to the conclusion that because we can't understand them that there must be some supernatural agent that is the cause but that assumes that humans are actually capable of understanding absolutely everything and I do not think that is true.

I can go to France, I can see and touch snow, I have a cat that walks on my keyboard. No one has to convince me with supernatural mumbo jumbo that these things exist and we can all objectively agree they do. That fact that when you say the word "cat" people all tend to think of a similar image tells you this. You emotions that you associate with any of these things are irrelevant.

Can you do any of these things with a god?

Yes this is a materialist view point but this is a material world and all the things you mentioned are material things or at least concepts about material things. A country after all is nothing but a concept applied to an expanse of real estate.

You can point to things we don't understand and come to the conclusion that because we can't understand them that there must be some supernatural agent that is the cause but that assumes that humans are actually capable of understanding absolutely everything and I do not think that is true.
Wow you completely missed my point.

It's worth repeating... From a Darwinian perspective morality exists because it provides a functional advantage that lack of morality doesn't provide. It's the same reason why religion exists and hasn't died out. It provides a functional advantage over atheism.

That's the science.

Forum List

Back