Zone1 When do you feel the 2nd Coming of Christ will be?

When will the 2nd Coming of Christ be?

• within 10 years

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • within 20 years

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • within 30 years

• within 40 years

• within 50 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • within 75 years

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • within 100 years

• within 150 years

• within 200 years

• within 500 years

• after 500 years

• He will never come again

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
Wondering when others think the 2nd coming of Christ will be. Let me know your thoughts.

Wondering when others think the 2nd coming of Christ will be. Let me know your thoughts.
Why? Are the Catholics holding a raffle? I'll take Friday, November 25 of this year and 4:56, as the day after Thanksgiving is usually a slow news day, punctuated by the cruelty to man against fellow man on Black Friday.

No one knows. He will come like a thief in the night, remember?
True, we don't know the day or the hour, but Jesus taught the parable of the fig tree.

Matthew 24:32-33
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

If we watch for the signs of the times, we can know when the time is very near.

True, we don't know the day or the hour, but Jesus taught the parable of the fig tree.

Matthew 24:32-33
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

If we watch for the signs of the times, we can know when the time is very near.
People have been interpreting "signs of the times" for centuries as evidence of the pending arrival of Jesus.

The Bible has a lot to say about false prophets, and we have plenty of them.

onefour1 is LDS, not Catholic. I have heard more than one homily from Catholic priests noting that for the great majority, Christ's "second coming" will be when we die. We see this is what happened with Stephen when he was stoned to death. He saw Christ.
Hmmm. That is a cogent thought, reflecting knowledge of the bible and personal beliefs. My real answer, without tongue in cheek is:

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. 33Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. 34For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. 35Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh

This being my belief, I am always amused when people pose the question.

People have been interpreting "signs of the times" for centuries as evidence of the pending arrival of Jesus.

The Bible has a lot to say about false prophets, and we have plenty of them.
True, many have made inaccurate guesses at when he will come. But did they look at all the signs of the times and take them all into account together? Maybe I'll start a post on what the signs of the times are.

True, many have made inaccurate guesses at when he will come. But did they look at all the signs of the times and take them all into account together? Maybe I'll start a post on what the signs of the times are.
Bitcoin?

The Kardashians?

Obamacare?

Forum List

Back