What the heck is the story

Dr Grump

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2006
From the Back of Beyond
with Presidential pardons? I think I made a thread on this on this board when Obama was first elected. I still can't get my head around why the American people allow this to happen.

I thought you were all citizens as opposed to subjects. Aren't the people running your country held to the same standard as normal folk in your country, or do the rich get a free pass?

And no, this isn't a partisan thread. The first time I heard of these presidential pardons was when Clinton pardoned Marcell Reich. Thought it was outrageous (still do). Then I heard about Ford and Nixon, too.

with Presidential pardons? I think I made a thread on this on this board when Obama was first elected. I still can't get my head around why the American people allow this to happen.

I thought you were all citizens as opposed to subjects. Aren't the people running your country held to the same standard as normal folk in your country, or do the rich get a free pass?

And no, this isn't a partisan thread. The first time I heard of these presidential pardons was when Clinton pardoned Marcell Reich. Thought it was outrageous (still do). Then I heard about Ford and Nixon, too.

Where are you getting the impression rich people are being pardoned?

Rich peopel never get convicted this is America

Assuming they fork out the cash for good lawyers anyway

Aren't you late for rioting? Another night of looting and murdering small children by burning them to death? Ah, but you got yourself a TV, didn't you?

I agree with Ford pardoning Nixon.

You ever known a divorcing couple so full of toxic, blinding hate for each other that both of them were totally off their rockers? That's where the US was when Nixon left office. Kind of like we are now. Once Trump is gone, shut up about him. He's that toxic to us. And the whole Nixon thing was the same way. Flush. Gone.

You ever known a divorcing couple so full of toxic, blinding hate for each other that both of them were totally off their rockers? That's where the US was when Nixon left office. Kind of like we are now. Once Trump is gone, shut up about him. He's that toxic to us. And the whole Nixon thing was the same way. Flush. Gone.

I agree with Trump pardoning Obama. I encourage him to do so. Executing a former POTUS is bad form, regardless that Obama is guilty as sin.

Oh, bother . . . I was with you up until mention of Trump's name. What the hell, you still deserve a like.

Yeah, there are crazy pardons for people. Marc Rich was the most egregious. That pardon was so dirty down to it's core, and it was right after Democrats had spent years talking about the evil rich, that never pay their taxes, that violate all the laws, and are not willing to do their part for the country.

Then you have Marc Rich... who violated all kinds of laws, directly abandoned his country, refused to pay his taxes, was engaged in corruption, fled to another country......

but his wife shows up with Bill and Hillary Clinton.... donates a ton of money, and walks away... and magically Marc Rich is pardoned.

Screenshot_2020-06-02 Marcell David Reich died today of unspecified causes .png

Marcell Rich, Marc Rich's wife, is on the left.

Which by the way, is one of the reasons I've always said, Hillary is one of the most corrupt politicians ever. She was involved directly, with every single scandal during the Clinton years, and many more afterwards. Bill Clinton's scandal involvement largely ended when he left office, but Hilary just redoubled her corrupt goals.

So if Trump is guilty of crimes he should get a pardon?
Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less, just wondering if people are as forgiving.

It doesn't matter whether the American people want to allow it or not.

The power to pardon is granted to the president by The Constitution --- Article II, Section 2, Clause 1.

Last edited:

So if Trump is guilty of crimes he should get a pardon?
Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less, just wondering if people are as forgiving.

Trump isn't the guilty one, Obama is. We all know it.

But I support the President pardoning the fucking traitor Obama.

For shits and giggles I'll play the game. Let's pretend for a second that Obama has done something wrong. Why should he be pardoned?
I lift a sprite from the local 7-11 and get sprung and found guilty of theft. Can I get a pardon, too? First offence and everything?

I used to be against pardons, especially when crazy Dem presidents would pardon druggies and make bizarre statements about the drug war. Now real Americans realize it's Trump's responsibility to right wrongs and pardon Manafort, Stone, Papadopoulis, Gates, and Flynn.

I agree with Trump pardoning Obama. I encourage him to do so. Executing a former POTUS is bad form, regardless that Obama is guilty as sin.
Guilty of what?

The power to pardon is granted to the president by The Constitution --- Article II, Section 2, Clause 1.

Yep. Glad to see the elites were looked after in that little piece of corruption.

For shits and giggles I'll play the game. Let's pretend for a second that Obama has done something wrong. Why should he be pardoned?
I lift a sprite from the local 7-11 and get sprung and found guilty of theft. Can I get a pardon, too? First offence and everything?

Obama used the full power of the federal government to corrupt the 2016 election - proven fact. He used the CIA (KGB John Brennan) to obtain the "dirty dossier" from the Kremlin which the KGB (formerly FBI) forged documents with the FISA courts to spy on the opposition candidate in order to tamper with and alter the 2016 election. Obama committed treason, you know this. I think prosecuting the traitor fuck would further tear this country apart, so Trump should pardon the traitor fuck.

Guilty of what?

Treason.

Moron.

Yep. Glad to see the elites were looked after in that little piece of corruption.
What elites and what piece of corruption are you talking about?

Guilty of what?

Treason.

Moron.
What treasonous act did he commit, shit for brains?

Guilty of what?

Treason.

Moron.
What treasonous act did he commit, shit for brains?

Rigging the 2016 election, scumbag.

Remember, he bought the dirty dossier from the Kremlin and then had the FBI engage in perjury so that he could spy on the opposition candidate and leak shit to the democrat media complex.

Forum List

Back