What Questions would you ask God?

What questions would you ask the God of the bible?

How he came to exist?
Why he created you?
Why he didn't just kill the Devil?
Why we have to suffer?

I wouldn't ask him any questions about Christian beliefs. When you have to have proof you can't call it "faith" any more. On the other hand, seeing as I'm getting the opportunity, I'd ask...

Who killed JFK? What are next week's lottery numbers? If a tree falls in the forest, does anybody hear? Are the Lions ever going to make the playoffs again?

Y'know, important stuff.
JFK, the old tree riddle & lottery numbers, Really? OK, I can't say I understand why, given an opportunity to know the answers to any conceivable questions you would choose these...but hey....to each his own.

The second para was, of course, a joke. I actually alluded to my real reason in the first paragraph, but I'll expand on it a bit if you like, since it clearly wasn't sufficient to stop you focusing completely on the content of the second.

Interesting word, "conceivable".

God is omnipotent. All knowing. He has the experience of millennia of human (and indeed non-human) history to shape his actions, his decisions, his plans for humankind.

On this basis, my feeling is that while we might ask a question that seems, on the face of it, quite simple, the reality of it might be somewhat more complex. We might ask a question, be given an answer, and not come even close to understanding that answer.

Why? Well, because we see things simplistically, constrained inside our physical forms and viewing things from our particular point in history. As such, how could we possibly understand God's plan for us, developed as it is based on his infinite understanding?

We either have faith that God has a plan for us and that he knows what he's doing, or we don't.

If we have faith, we don't need to ask. All we need to do is love him, and be nice to each other.

If we don't have faith, then no answer is going to satisfy us.

And that's the way it should be.

so much cynicism....

So much delusions and belief in fairy tales and invisible friends

Because you don't understand it others are delusional. And you wonder why you don't get along with people here.

Nope, I use my rational mind, and there nothing rational about religion. A belief in some sort of higher power, maybe, but religion and its made up answers, no rational and logical position or evidence supports it

If there is a god, I would ask

Where in the hell you have been? You sent a messiah to bring forth world peace, and we have had 2000 years of war. Can you send another messiah? It is apparent that the last one totally fucked up.

So much delusions and belief in fairy tales and invisible friends

Because you don't understand it others are delusional. And you wonder why you don't get along with people here.

Nope, I use my rational mind, and there nothing rational about religion. A belief in some sort of higher power, maybe, but religion and its made up answers, no rational and logical position or evidence supports it

A rational person actually informs themselves about beliefs before rejecting them as irrational.

The one question I would ask God above all others is the same I ask Him quite frequently. What would you like me to do?

If you hate the gays, why did you give them so much talent and creative ability.

If Dennys is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.....why do they have locks on their front doors?

A rational person actually informs themselves about beliefs before rejecting them as irrational.

I'm well informed of beliefs, and have heard all the nonsense religious people try to pass off as facts and evidence. Nothing supports any religion being factual, nor any evidence of there being a god to begin with. ANd there is nothing rational nor factual about a belief, someone believing does not equate to it being real and rational

I believe God does expect you to ask questions...that doesn't mean you don't believe Him or in Him, but how else are you going to learn? Everyone interprets the Bible differently and nobody really knows for sure (even though they say they do) what's the truth or what's really meant in a passage.

But, i think if i only had 1 questions, it would be "When are you coming back to take us out of this world?" Everything seems to be in place for it, prophesies on end days have or are being fulfilled right now...i've really gotten to hate this world. Hopefully he would tell me "tomorrow morning about 9am"...YES!

If I were to ask them today ....

How many licks does it actually take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop?
Can I ask an infinite amount of questions?
When all is said and done, can I come back to earth and do it again?

Before I would ask God any questions, seriously or kidding around, I would have to thank him first. I would thank him for guiding me through my storm and for helping me make good decisions in taking the right steps on my path, to better myself and my life. I would thank him for giving me the opportunity to be alive on this planet. I would thank him for all the good I have in my life.

God.....

Why do Hot Dogs come 10 to a pack while Hot Dog Rolls come 8 to a pack?

So, none of you would ask him to forgive you of your sins?
maybe apologize about what happen to his son?
Maybe why he put that tree in the garden?

sins?

what sins?

I'm a decent fella

I help people when ever I can

I don't steal or kill

I may have a few minor transgressions but I have no sins....

apologize?
for what? I didn't do anything to his son

besides....it was all fake...you can't actually hurt the son of a god....

and anyway
CONSERVATIVES like john wayne say....."never apologize...it's a sign of weakness"

tree?
in a garden?

i've got my own gardens
with my own trees

I don't remember any god helping me work on my garden or plant any trees...

Forum List

Back