What Liberals Fear More Than Obama Losing

You still don't understand how inflation works with regard to debt. One more time: inflation in no way adds to existing debt.

I. Never. Said. It. Did.

I have made several posts now talking about deficits and deficit spending. You do know that deficits add to debt, right?

Oh my god. You really are thick. You really believe deficits are due to inflation and not the monumental increases we've seen in government entitlement programs, military spending, and regulator bureaucracies? It's not the growth of government that is causing this deficit spending but the fact that the price of paper and other materials is up? That what you're saying?

Wow.

/sigh

Again, I said it was part of the reason, and it is. As I've shown! Reagan had a deficit that was 6% of GDP. What would that be today? Almost $900B. Yet Conservatives consider Reagan the greatest President ever. Well guess what, the projection for next year is that we will have a deficit that is 7% of GDP. That's practically Reagan numbers! Does that make Obama the greatest president ever?

You guys are whining over how deficits and debt have grown over the past decades and you're blaming it on "progressive policies", yet part of the reason those deficit numbers are bigger is due to inflation. And some 60% of the debt we have is due to Bush and Reagan! Are they progressive now?

Seriously, stop bitching and whining about numbers you don't understand. If you want to blame "progressive policies" then suck it up and actually list some!

Stop being a coward.

By Geoffrey P. Hunt
08/30/2011
American Thinker

The left are now wringing their hands fearing their agenda is overripe, blaming everyone else for their own spoiled pickling. While Obama's sinking prospects for re-election are disquieting, the real source of liberals' despair is their sudden, unexpected realization that the progressive agenda is dead in its tracks and will likely be in full retreat after 2012.

. . . The end of the Progressive Era, eclipsing Obama, has come from two places -- one fiscal and pragmatic, the other ideological and visceral. First, the debt crisis and persistent economic woes have made it clear that the progressive agenda is unaffordable and unsustainable. The money pumps in the forms of more borrowing and taxes cannot possibly keep up with the tons of green water spending coming aboard.

Second, beyond the limited government ideology now gaining real traction, Americans without an ideology are finding that central planning madness from Washington is making their lives worse, not better.

. . . The liberal vision of the ideal state is fat, sloppy and lazy. Why exert yourself if someone else will buy you food stamps and school lunches? Why bother learning to read, write, do simple algebra, or acquire any employable skills when you'll get free health care and subsidized housing? Why eat right and keep fit when obesity and diabetes is a protected disability?

Americans are finally fed up with the Democrats' value system: no personal accountability; moral equivalence; belief that success is derived from exploiting everybody else; everybody else is a hapless victim; we are all racists and xenophobes, consigned to endless acts of contrition where reparations and open borders would be the only relief.

LINK

First, the debt crisis has come from two places Democrats and Republicans.

Central planning has it's place, the highway system, defense, emergency response and so on.

The rest is seemingly an insult to anyone who isn't fat, sloppy, lazy been on food stamp or had free lunches at school, who know how to read, write, and do simple algebra, who purchased their own home and provided for their own healthcare though a lifetime of being gainfully employed while keeping mentally and phyically fit. Oh, and who are liberal minded.

Reagan didn't cause inflation.

In fact, he benefited enormously from the decline in inflation after Paul Volcker broke the back of inflation, which lead to a precipitous decline in interest rates.

You realize Progressives are undefeated for nearly 100 years, right?

We have rolled back NONE of their agenda, not once, not ever. Reagan got a tax cut and defeated their home team, in response they took over the Democrat Party. We had a "Compassionate" " Conservative" president (he was neither) and a Republican Congress and we got Mo' n' Better Progressivism in the form of Prescription Drugs and Sabotage of our Educational System and the Patriot Act to boot.

We are getting our asses kicked daily and have been since 1913.

WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!

Oddly enough I mostly agree except that Ronald was just as progressive as all the rest.

Reagan didn't cause inflation.

In fact, he benefited enormously from the decline in inflation after Paul Volcker broke the back of inflation, which lead to a precipitous decline in interest rates.

A decline in inflation, you mean deflation?

What Liberals Fear More Than Obama Losing...

is losing all the rich people they want to tax into oblivion to pay for their social agenda.

The only proposal I've heard of is raising the rate from 36% to 39%, the rate that they paided in the 90's. How is that "oblivion"?

is losing all the rich people they want to tax into oblivion to pay for their social agenda.

The only proposal I've heard of is raising the rate from 36% to 39%, the rate that they paided in the 90's. How is that "oblivion"?

A 3% increase that would have little impact on record breaking national deficits. A tax increase during a time of glacial economic growth, and for what? Because the left feeds off of resentment and envy? What is the economic benefit to raising any taxes during a time when tax revenue is low because of lack of economic growth?

You say that it is a small, insignificant increase, but if that is true why is the left so ardent in their demand that it be raised?

I. Never. Said. It. Did.

I have made several posts now talking about deficits and deficit spending. You do know that deficits add to debt, right?

Oh my god. You really are thick. You really believe deficits are due to inflation and not the monumental increases we've seen in government entitlement programs, military spending, and regulator bureaucracies? It's not the growth of government that is causing this deficit spending but the fact that the price of paper and other materials is up? That what you're saying?

Wow.

/sigh

Again, I said it was part of the reason, and it is. As I've shown! Reagan had a deficit that was 6% of GDP. What would that be today? Almost $900B. Yet Conservatives consider Reagan the greatest President ever. Well guess what, the projection for next year is that we will have a deficit that is 7% of GDP. That's practically Reagan numbers! Does that make Obama the greatest president ever?

You guys are whining over how deficits and debt have grown over the past decades and you're blaming it on "progressive policies", yet part of the reason those deficit numbers are bigger is due to inflation. And some 60% of the debt we have is due to Bush and Reagan! Are they progressive now?

Seriously, stop bitching and whining about numbers you don't understand. If you want to blame "progressive policies" then suck it up and actually list some!

Stop being a coward.

Yes, Bush and Reagan were progressives in their expansion of government and in their spending. The Democrats in Congress that help pass all those spending sure as hell were.

How about we list that progressive program that lead to the inflation you tout so much, the Federal Reserve. That was progressive. So was SS, Medicare, Medicade, and of course Obamacare. So was the Patriot Act. So were the tens of thousands of other nanny state laws passed by both parties. Of course, no one spent like Obama. In terms of adding to the deficit, he's the king, adjusted for inflation of course! But to blame "Bush and Reagan" only points to your obvious bias. And, your estimation of how inflation contributes to deficit spending is silly at best. The spending is out of control and has been for some time. I really don't give a shit exactly which politicians contributed most...it must stop now.

Last edited:

A 3% increase that would have little impact on record breaking national deficits. A tax increase during a time of glacial economic growth, and for what? Because the left feeds off of resentment and envy? What is the economic benefit to raising any taxes during a time when tax revenue is low because of lack of economic growth?

You say that it is a small, insignificant increase, but if that is true why is the left so ardent in their demand that it be raised?

If that is all that we do to reduce the deficit true it would have little impact.

The question was really about the hyperbole used by the original poster with "Taxing to oblibion" thus reducing the discussion/convesation to inane talking points that spark emotions and do little to foster an understanding of the issues.

Doesn't it seem like most of the Tea Party is on Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid? Do a search on "Tea Party Rally's" and there are all these pictures of elderly people.

What is your point? My cat meowing makes more sense than your posts.

The majority of people that attended anti-war rallies, while the left cared about ending the wars--when Bush was in office--, were white. Are they racists?

This is the shallow mentality of the left.

Where did I say white? I said fat and old. Are you suggesting all white people are fat and old? Because that's just not true.

The left are now wringing their hands fearing their agenda is overripe, blaming everyone else for their own spoiled pickling. While Obama's sinking prospects for re-election are disquieting, the real source of liberals' despair is their sudden, unexpected realization that the progressive agenda is dead in its tracks and will likely be in full retreat after 2012.

Pure propaganda. Apparently you aren't following the anti-Teabagger polls...

If that is all that we do to reduce the deficit true it would have little impact.

The question was really about the hyperbole used by the original poster with "Taxing to oblibion" thus reducing the discussion/convesation to inane talking points that spark emotions and do little to foster an understanding of the issues.

Yes, a 3% increase is far from oblivion.

Toro raised an interesting point though. During Reagan's administration the Federal Reserve reduced inflation--again would that be considered deflation?-- from 14% to 4%. Interest rates were initially increased during the recession, something the current Federal Reserve refuses to do.

Would reducing inflation now have similar economic results?

Doesn't it seem like most of the Tea Party is on Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid? Do a search on "Tea Party Rally's" and there are all these pictures of elderly people.

What is your point? My cat meowing makes more sense than your posts.

The majority of people that attended anti-war rallies, while the left cared about ending the wars--when Bush was in office--, were white. Are they racists?

This is the shallow mentality of the left.

Where did I say white? I said fat and old. Are you suggesting all white people are fat and old? Because that's just not true.

You said old, or elderly, or something like that. I'm using that logic, "the majority of people are....". Hell, that the Tea Party is composed mostly of white people is the stated reason why many on the left believe it is racist.

You realize Progressives are undefeated for nearly 100 years, right?

We have rolled back NONE of their agenda, not once, not ever. Reagan got a tax cut and defeated their home team, in response they took over the Democrat Party. We had a "Compassionate" " Conservative" president (he was neither) and a Republican Congress and we got Mo' n' Better Progressivism in the form of Prescription Drugs and Sabotage of our Educational System and the Patriot Act to boot.

We are getting our asses kicked daily and have been since 1913.

WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!

That's the thing about progress, it can't be stopped. Whether you're talking heliocentrism, industrialization, science or society, progress will out. Don't stop trying to bring back the Dark Ages, though. Keeps us on our toes. :muahaha:

Last edited:
Yes, a 3% increase is far from oblivion.

Toro raised an interesting point though. During Reagan's administration the Federal Reserve reduced inflation--again would that be considered deflation?-- from 14% to 4%. Interest rates were initially increased during the recession, something the current Federal Reserve refuses to do.

Would reducing inflation now have similar economic results?

It would not be considered deflation. That would be going from 14% to -4%.

Raising interest rates is what caused the recession of the early 1980s.

There is hardly any inflation right now. Lowering it would not help the economy since we are in this slump due to consumers paying down debt. If anything, we need more inflation now to help ease the burden of consumer debt and help them pay it down easier and get back to spending.

By Geoffrey P. Hunt
08/30/2011
American Thinker

. . . The end of the Progressive Era, eclipsing Obama, has come from two places -- one fiscal and pragmatic, the other ideological and visceral. First, the debt crisis and persistent economic woes have made it clear that the progressive agenda is unaffordable and unsustainable. The money pumps in the forms of more borrowing and taxes cannot possibly keep up with the tons of green water spending coming aboard.

Second, beyond the limited government ideology now gaining real traction, Americans without an ideology are finding that central planning madness from Washington is making their lives worse, not better.

. . . The liberal vision of the ideal state is fat, sloppy and lazy. Why exert yourself if someone else will buy you food stamps and school lunches? Why bother learning to read, write, do simple algebra, or acquire any employable skills when you'll get free health care and subsidized housing? Why eat right and keep fit when obesity and diabetes is a protected disability?

Americans are finally fed up with the Democrats' value system: no personal accountability; moral equivalence; belief that success is derived from exploiting everybody else; everybody else is a hapless victim; we are all racists and xenophobes, consigned to endless acts of contrition where reparations and open borders would be the only relief.

LINK

And here is another fear that's keeping them awake at night, 23 Democratic senators are up for re-election in 2012, where the leader goes, ( Obama) the team goes as well and right now it's looking like over the cliff.

United States Senate elections, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By Geoffrey P. Hunt
08/30/2011
American Thinker

LINK

And here is another fear that's keeping them awake at night, 23 Democratic senators are up for re-election in 2012, where the leader goes, ( Obama) the team goes as well and right now it's looking like over the cliff.

United States Senate elections, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wonder when these Democrat senators and Democrat congressmen are going to figure out that they need to run a primary against Obama and get on a different team.:lol: The GOP only needs 4 seats in the senate and you can bet your buckwheat they are going after those Democrats who voted for Obama care and the failed stimulus plan.

You do realize that if you raise it to 100% it still wouldn't cover the current annual deficits?

It's a red herring.

Forum List

Back