What is “Trumpism”?

Why does it have to be an "ism"? Why does his being a blowhard equate him with Hitler?

TDS doesn't allow Trump to win at anything, ever. He has to be wrong, he had to be wrong, he will have to be wrong.

And if not wrong, well then the Ministry of Truth has to correct things to make him wrong.

Do you really think that TDS is why the NIH, CDC, FDA and IDSA (Infectious Disease Society of America) say that hydroxychloroquine doesn't work for COVID?

There are official, definitive statements from those agencies that it doesn't work, or are there studies that they refer to that based on said studies, they don't THINK it works?

Not references to studies, definitive statements.
If more data comes forward, they are open to changing their stance. But for the time being, the best evidence available shows it doesn't work and is not a recommended treatment.

Is that TDS?

You didn't answer my question.

Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.

You refused to answer mine, repeatedly, because you know it's going to show you for what you are.

I provided the FDA statement about hydroxychloroquine. You called it a word salad, mostly because you're not very smart.

So the FDA 100% for sure for ever and ever and ever said Chloroquinine or Cholorquinine with other drugs won't work and will never work?

As I said earlier, if data comes forward showing it's effective, they could change that statement.

That's the thing about not being absorbed by Trumpism, you're open to new information.

But the medical literature so far doesn't support it, and that includes several rigorous studies that all showed the same thing.

And of course they back up your orange man bad mantra.

I was paraphrasing Lincoln talking about Grant as my view on Trump.

Open a history book once and a while.

Do the history books claim that being an asshole is a good thing?
I don't think they do. I think they recognize, as we discussed previously, that a good leader might sometimes be an asshole. It's a character flaw - a negative that we have to deal with. If we're talking about someone who is a good leader otherwise, it might be worth it. But being an asshole, in and of itself, is not a good thing.

Many Trumpsters (most?) actually like the fact that he's an asshole. It seems to be the main reason they like him. At the risk of armchair-psychologizing, I think it's because they, themselves, are assholes and feel vindicated that one of their own is in charge.

Why does it have to be an "ism"? Why does his being a blowhard equate him with Hitler?

TDS doesn't allow Trump to win at anything, ever. He has to be wrong, he had to be wrong, he will have to be wrong.

And if not wrong, well then the Ministry of Truth has to correct things to make him wrong.

Do you really think that TDS is why the NIH, CDC, FDA and IDSA (Infectious Disease Society of America) say that hydroxychloroquine doesn't work for COVID?

There are official, definitive statements from those agencies that it doesn't work, or are there studies that they refer to that based on said studies, they don't THINK it works?

If more data comes forward, they are open to changing their stance. But for the time being, the best evidence available shows it doesn't work and is not a recommended treatment.

Is that TDS?

You refused to answer mine, repeatedly, because you know it's going to show you for what you are.

I provided the FDA statement about hydroxychloroquine. You called it a word salad, mostly because you're not very smart.

So the FDA 100% for sure for ever and ever and ever said Chloroquinine or Cholorquinine with other drugs won't work and will never work?

As I said earlier, if data comes forward showing it's effective, they could change that statement.

That's the thing about not being absorbed by Trumpism, you're open to new information.

But the medical literature so far doesn't support it, and that includes several rigorous studies that all showed the same thing.

Is that supposed to be my fault?

We hear it thrown around all the time...right?
Is Trumpism nationalism?
Is it extreme patriotism?
Is it embracing and defending America’s right to sovereignty?
Is it the support and or display of core American values?
Is it preferring a likeminded society?

What is it and why do ‘some’ hold such discontent for it?
Best I can tell, BL, it has something to do with playing the Trumpet.

Personally am offended by the behavior of both sides of the political street, my choices are limited, my view of Trump is when he became president he became the president of all Americans. not just those who support him. He has failed to even try to unite and has inflamed the division. Trumpism is a failure to require accountability from someone you like/love.

Is that TDS?

Is that supposed to be my fault?

It just shows your bias.

Is Trumpism nationalism?

Trumpism is the end of of America and stands for all things un American.

Is Trumpism nationalism?

Trumpkins are the Zombie Apocalypse.

No honest person can look at Trump - even if you agree with him on the issues - and pretend that many criticisms of him are not valid, particularly those on his temperament and behaviors.

To pretend that actually isn't derangement. That's not stupidity. That's just outright lying, and proof that these people have and deserve zero (0) credibility.
So because you think he is an asshole, you will vote for arson and tent cities and people who think minorities are too stupid to get ID? Your willing to pay 7dollar gallons of gas to pay for AOC's insane green new deal? All of that because you guys don't like his personality?
I saw you thought that was funny Mac, but it is the truth. You hate Trump so much you will vote for a train wreck and be the first in line. Your party's policies are flat out wrong across the board, and calling Trump some kind of devil is not going to make that vile load smell any better. You have said that after the democrats gain control that you hope democrats could address their problems. I'm pretty sure that is not a great idea.
Well, I'm thrilled that we have you here to point out The Truth for us, no matter how much you have to lie about my positions.
Your positions, whatever they may be, do not change the fact that voting for the new radical wing of democrats is a poison you are voluntarily signing up for. If you get what you wish for, good luck with that. There are literally glaring beacons of failed democrat policy erupting all across the country, and you somehow think it is a good idea to sign on with that. It takes some mental gymnastics to justify that.
So you admit you don't actually know my positions. Yet you're willing to attack based on pure ignorance.

This is why I no longer bother.
Dodge, you said you no longer give positions. It is a straight up fact that you are a democrat, and will most likely vote democrat. The only information you currently provide is that you don't like Trump's demeanor.

Here is where we are. You don't like Trump's personality and you are voting democrat. It's not my problem that his personality is the only thing you ever talk about. That makes the assumption that it is your main reason for voting for the 'new' democrats seem valid.

Trump is an authoritarian Nationalist, but he mixes in quite a bit of racism, sexism and xenophobia.

He is basically a Dictator-in-Training, and if given free-reign would GLADLY take over this nation.

He tries to wrap himself in patriotism, but he is far from being a patriot when all he thinks about is himself.
Where the heck do you whackadoodles find authoritarianism? Seriously. If you buy the Trump is an evil insert 'ism' then you have simply become a victim of decades long smearing. I guess if you hear it often enough, even rational people will eventually succumb. You also might want to clean out your house. Biden actually says racist stuff on a regular basis, and half the leadership in Virginia got away with wearing black face.
You really don’t understand the relation between Trump and authoritarianism?! Seriously?
The fact that Trump has to be an authoritarian to MAGA?
Part of me wants another GW to totally destroy the slums.
Trump doesn’t have to be anything. He is what he is... I’m just looking for an honest discussion. So when I hear people denying the relation between Trump and authoritarianism I can only scratch my head
Trump is not like that when he's with a non-combative audience.
I’m just looking for an honest discussion, but when I'm having a discussion with someone that won't watch anything but CNN and MSNBC, I know I'm not having an honest discussion.
I watch more Fox than CNN and MSNBC. I listen to Beck, Hannity and Levine in the car. Do I qualify as somebody worthy of conversing with?
Did you watch Trump on Hannity during the campaign?
I’m sure I did what specifically are you referring to?

You hate Trump and yet I’m sure I did.
Anyone who hates Trump as much as you do would know.
End of dishonest discussion.
You pretend to know what I feel in my heart about trump and you’re lecturing me about honesty?! What a joke. I don’t hate the man I just think he is a poor leader and not a very good human being based on how he treats people. To accuse me of hating somebody when you don’t even know me just shows how ignorant and arrogant you are. Go pester somebody else. You lost my respect
I was always concerned about having your respect.
In the meanwhile, I asked you a concrete question and you made believe you might have watched an interview that you never watched.
Talk about respect; just tell the truth that you never bothered watching Trump on Hannity.
Why mak
Trump is an authoritarian Nationalist, but he mixes in quite a bit of racism, sexism and xenophobia.

He is basically a Dictator-in-Training, and if given free-reign would GLADLY take over this nation.

He tries to wrap himself in patriotism, but he is far from being a patriot when all he thinks about is himself.
Where the heck do you whackadoodles find authoritarianism? Seriously. If you buy the Trump is an evil insert 'ism' then you have simply become a victim of decades long smearing. I guess if you hear it often enough, even rational people will eventually succumb. You also might want to clean out your house. Biden actually says racist stuff on a regular basis, and half the leadership in Virginia got away with wearing black face.
You really don’t understand the relation between Trump and authoritarianism?! Seriously?
The fact that Trump has to be an authoritarian to MAGA?
Part of me wants another GW to totally destroy the slums.
Trump doesn’t have to be anything. He is what he is... I’m just looking for an honest discussion. So when I hear people denying the relation between Trump and authoritarianism I can only scratch my head
Trump is not like that when he's with a non-combative audience.
I’m just looking for an honest discussion, but when I'm having a discussion with someone that won't watch anything but CNN and MSNBC, I know I'm not having an honest discussion.
I watch more Fox than CNN and MSNBC. I listen to Beck, Hannity and Levine in the car. Do I qualify as somebody worthy of conversing with?
Did you watch Trump on Hannity during the campaign?
I’m sure I did what specifically are you referring to?

You hate Trump and yet I’m sure I did.
Anyone who hates Trump as much as you do would know.
End of dishonest discussion.
You pretend to know what I feel in my heart about trump and you’re lecturing me about honesty?! What a joke. I don’t hate the man I just think he is a poor leader and not a very good human being based on how he treats people. To accuse me of hating somebody when you don’t even know me just shows how ignorant and arrogant you are. Go pester somebody else. You lost my respect
I was always concerned about having your respect.
In the meanwhile, I asked you a concrete question and you made believe you might have watched an interview that you never watched.
Talk about respect; just tell the truth that you never bothered watching Trump on Hannity.
I don’t really give a shit if you’re concerned about my respect. I tuned out yoir “questions” as soon as you made those ignorant accusations.
Why make life complicated?
Just state that you never watched Trump on Hannity during the campaign.
Trump simply treats reporters the way they treat him.

No honest person can look at Trump - even if you agree with him on the issues - and pretend that many criticisms of him are not valid, particularly those on his temperament and behaviors.

To pretend that actually isn't derangement. That's not stupidity. That's just outright lying, and proof that these people have and deserve zero (0) credibility.
So because you think he is an asshole, you will vote for arson and tent cities and people who think minorities are too stupid to get ID? Your willing to pay 7dollar gallons of gas to pay for AOC's insane green new deal? All of that because you guys don't like his personality?
I saw you thought that was funny Mac, but it is the truth. You hate Trump so much you will vote for a train wreck and be the first in line. Your party's policies are flat out wrong across the board, and calling Trump some kind of devil is not going to make that vile load smell any better. You have said that after the democrats gain control that you hope democrats could address their problems. I'm pretty sure that is not a great idea.
Well, I'm thrilled that we have you here to point out The Truth for us, no matter how much you have to lie about my positions.
Your positions, whatever they may be, do not change the fact that voting for the new radical wing of democrats is a poison you are voluntarily signing up for. If you get what you wish for, good luck with that. There are literally glaring beacons of failed democrat policy erupting all across the country, and you somehow think it is a good idea to sign on with that. It takes some mental gymnastics to justify that.
So you admit you don't actually know my positions. Yet you're willing to attack based on pure ignorance.

Dodge, you said you no longer give positions. It is a straight up fact that you are a democrat, and will most likely vote democrat. The only information you currently provide is that you don't like Trump's demeanor.

Here is where we are. You don't like Trump's personality and you are voting democrat. It's not my problem that his personality is the only thing you ever talk about. That makes the assumption that it is your main reason for voting for the 'new' democrats seem valid.
I never said I no longer give positions. My positions on the issues are in the link at the end of the second line of my sig.

It is not just Trump's "personality" that I care about. If you knew my positions, you would understand why that is.

Here's a few hundreds examples, including recent examples, of me squabbling with the Regressive Left: Search results for query: regressive left

So, you're just wrong, wrong again, and wrong again.

I don't know why you bother posting to me when you're so ignorant of what I actually think.

Is Trumpism nationalism?

Trumpkins are the Zombie Apocalypse.
sunlight

I never said I no longer give positions. My positions on the issues are in the link at the end of the second line of my sig.

It is not just Trump's "personality" that I care about. If you knew my positions, you would understand why that is.

Here's a few hundreds examples, including recent examples, of me squabbling with the Regressive Left: Search results for query: regressive left

I don't know why you bother posting to me when you're so ignorant of what I actually think.
We know that you are no fan of the regressive left, but you are still going to vote for them. You made it clear that you are not an independent. I was 100% factually correct. You dislike Trump's personality and you will most likely vote for the regressive left. Again, you don't do positions, all you do is complain about demeanor. Trump's personality + X = vote for the regressive left. Problem is, you are far from the only one who never gets to the X part. You've never mentioned being keen on any third party candidate. Whatever X is, it must be pretty interesting for you to vote for all that garbage you are proud of speaking out against.

We know that you are no fan of the regressive left, but you are still going to vote for them. You made it clear that you are not an independent. I was 100% factually correct. You dislike Trump's personality and you will most likely vote for the regressive left. Again, you don't do positions, all you do is complain about demeanor. Trump's personality + X = vote for the regressive left. Problem is, you are far from the only one who never gets to the X part. You've never mentioned being keen on any third party candidate. Whatever X is, it must be pretty interesting for you to vote for all that garbage you are proud of speaking out against.
It should tell you how little I think of the alternative, but that thought doesn't seem to seep into your mind.

The problem with your point of view, Dusty, at least regarding "personality" versus "policy", is that Trump's personality makes policy a moot point. When the personality in question is stupid and dishonest, the rest of just doesn't matter. I can't trust anything he says, so what he says is irrelevant. And what he does is arbitrary and unpredictable.

The problem with your point of view, Dusty, at least regarding "personality" versus "policy", is that Trump's personality makes policy a moot point. When the personality in question is stupid and dishonest, the rest of just doesn't matter. I can't trust anything he says, so what he says is irrelevant. And what he does is arbitrary and unpredictable.
What they never seem to understand is that behavior and temperament can profoundly affect both actions and responses.

Why this has to be so complicated is a mystery.

What they never seem to understand is that behavior and temperament can profoundly affect both actions and responses.

Why this has to be so complicated is a mystery.

It's not complicated. We just have a lot frightened, stupid people voting.

Forum List

Back