What is “Trumpism”?

Why does it have to be an "ism"? Why does his being a blowhard equate him with Hitler?

TDS doesn't allow Trump to win at anything, ever. He has to be wrong, he had to be wrong, he will have to be wrong.

And if not wrong, well then the Ministry of Truth has to correct things to make him wrong.

Do you really think that TDS is why the NIH, CDC, FDA and IDSA (Infectious Disease Society of America) say that hydroxychloroquine doesn't work for COVID?

Why does it have to be an "ism"? Why does his being a blowhard equate him with Hitler?

TDS doesn't allow Trump to win at anything, ever. He has to be wrong, he had to be wrong, he will have to be wrong.

And if not wrong, well then the Ministry of Truth has to correct things to make him wrong.

Do you really think that TDS is why the NIH, CDC, FDA and IDSA (Infectious Disease Society of America) say that hydroxychloroquine doesn't work for COVID?

There are official, definitive statements from those agencies that it doesn't work, or are there studies that they refer to that based on said studies, they don't THINK it works?

Not references to studies, definitive statements.

Flowers for Colfax_m
Nice reference.

But how can you tell that I don't know what I'm talking about?

Because based on your posting I consider you a filthy cocksucking TDS fucktard.

Here's the thing, it's what Kapernick never figured out, you can control how you present yourself, but you can NEVER control how people receive the presentation.

And of course, as always, enjoy taking it up the ass.

Just like Guiliani was the asshole NYC needed back then, Trump was the asshole we need now.

Nope. We don't need assholes. We need competent leadership.

You quoted the wrong person.

Sometimes leadership requires assholes.
Quote corrected - thanks.

I disagree. Assholes are assholes. Always a negative. It's possible for a good leader to be an asshole sometimes, but it's not a good thing.

Just like Guiliani was the asshole NYC needed back then, Trump was the asshole we need now.

I disagree. Assholes are assholes. Always a negative. It's possible for a good leader to be an asshole sometimes, but it's not a good thing.

I lived in pre-Guiliani NYC, and I live in post Guilani NYC, and his being an asshole is why the city rebounded and came back.

Adoration of an authoritarian nationalist strongman.

Arrogant ignorance, bigotry, paranoia, tribalism -- disguised as patriotism.

Unintentional mockery of "conservative values" and "small government".

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news".

Yeah. That's about it.
That's pretty good. I was just going to describe it as knee-jerk dime-store patriotism for the slogan susceptible masses, so they do not have to think, only emotionally feel the orange thrill down the back of their leg. Yours is better.

nothing wrong with patriotism. i'm proud to be a patriotic American.

and the "thrill down the leg", was one of yours, not ours.

funny you got that confused.
Shoot, I'm a patriot. Lots of patriots on this board of different political strip or philosophical position. Most are not just MAGA-pies, though.

if you were a patriot, you would not be offended by trump's patriotism or the patriotism of his supporters.
trump patriotism is to himself and to himself alone......#Becauseitsacult.

Yeah. That's about it.

Are you sure it’s not just a fed up and retaliatory Right that has been given a label by ‘paranoid’ Leftists in an attempt to shut them back up?
There are many on the right, conservatives that are very much against Trump. His method of governing is toxic and people of all ideologies can recognize that.

his enemies are in open insurrection in the streets. that is "toxic" and "divisive".

if you consider trump the bad guy right now, you are the problem, not him.
I agree that many of Trump opponents are engaging in dishonest and unacceptable behavior. But if you don’t think Trump is neck deep in that crap then you are blind. I know the tactic is accuse the accusers instead of taking responsibility but you’re not fooling anybody with that tactic

the resist call went out before trump took office. before trump took office, federal agents were lying to judges to get warrants against him.

mayors are ordering the cops to stand down, so rioters can rule the streets and terrorize law abiding citizens.

innocent citizens are being arrested for defending themselves against violent mobs.

TRump is not the problem. the problem is that a significant portion of the left, is no longer respecting the peaceful transfer of power.
That’s a very skewed and dishonest representation of history you’re presenting there. Some of those points we’ve debated in the past. Sounds like you’re dug in on that narrative but that’s just not how I see it. I guess that’s just how it is during these divided times

teh resist call went out, almost immediately after the election.

that is not me being "dishonest", that is the truth.

TRump is not the problem. the problem is that a significant portion of the left, is no longer respecting the peaceful transfer of power.
Yes a call went out as soon as Trump was elected just as a call went out to stop Obama right after he was elected and just as the wings of every party activate to challenge the opposition when they gain power. But Trump owns the intensity of this battle and has fueled both his resistance and his followers with his rhetoric and method of attack. Smart leaders don’t give attention to the noise makers and they focus on the important things. As you can see clearly in this board, the conversation has devolved to grade school levels. The partisan haters who love to attack are emboldened and they love Trump because he propagates these type of fights. I don’t know why these people think a divided America that hates eachother is a better America than one that is unified but that seems to be the trend. That’s what Trumpism is all about

big difference between the republicans planning a partisan, and political fight to make obama a one termer,

and your side refusing to respect the peaceful transfer of power.

that you blame others, for your behavior, is understandable. if i was you, i would not want to be held accountable for the shit your side has done either.
What’s been my behavior? What have I done specifically to challenge the transfer of power? Come on now, you accused me, now back it up. Show examples

you're identifying with your side. thank you for not denying it.

as to your personals actions in support of it, i can guess. probably a shit ton of pushing the narrative and carrying water for certain important lies.
You just said a whole lot of nothing. LMK when you’re ready to talk about real stuff. I have no interest in these generic labels and stereotypes. They are a waste of time

i made a comment about your side's behavior and you self identified with it.

that was your call. as to your personal contribution, you can share that with us, if you want. or not.
That’s all I do here is share my perspective. You ignore the specific to try and attack “my side” the imaginary left. It’s called a strawman argument and it is a weak minded tactic used by those who can’t deal with specifics. You seem like a relatively smart person. Do better.

you blamed trump for something that was actually the fault of teh group, "the left".

your dislike of discussing groups or using such labels, is common with liberals.

my point stands. trump is not responsible for the hysterical reaction from your side, to his election.
Trump attacked the media by calling them fake news and the enemy of the people so he faces a more hostile media than any other president. Yes that is provoked outcome. Trump takes credit for successes that he didn’t earn and blames everything bad on the democrats so he has a very strong and unified opposition from the Dems. That is a provokes outcome. Trump lies and distorts on a regular basis which is offensive to many Americans so he is not trusted and not respected by many in the public. That’s is a provoked outcome all of which were a result of Trumps chosen words and actions. It’s why he is a piss poor leader. He would be a great TV propagandist though. He can have his own show next year
So wrong...
The media outlets attacked Trump first and then Trump called them proliferates of Fake News.
The MSM is eternally pissed off that nobody trusts them anymore or treats them like a privileged class in Society anymore :smoke:
The MSM isn't trusted mainly because they kept saying things that Trump and the right doesn't want them to say.
Sorry buddy, but recent polls show even democrats don't believe them anymore. If you trust them, especially after the last three years, you might be one of the very few and should probably seek treatment.

No honest person can look at Trump - even if you agree with him on the issues - and pretend that many criticisms of him are not valid, particularly those on his temperament and behaviors.

To pretend that actually isn't derangement. That's not stupidity. That's just outright lying, and proof that these people have and deserve zero (0) credibility.
So because you think he is an asshole, you will vote for arson and tent cities and people who think minorities are too stupid to get ID? Your willing to pay 7dollar gallons of gas to pay for AOC's insane green new deal? All of that because you guys don't like his personality?

Flowers for Colfax_m
Nice reference.

But how can you tell that I don't know what I'm talking about?

Because based on your posting I consider you a filthy cocksucking TDS fucktard.

Here's the thing, it's what Kapernick never figured out, you can control how you present yourself, but you can NEVER control how people receive the presentation.

And of course, as always, enjoy taking it up the ass.

That's Trumpism for you.

We hear it thrown around all the time...right?
Is Trumpism nationalism?
Is it extreme patriotism?
Is it embracing and defending America’s right to sovereignty?
Is it the support and or display of core American values?
Is it preferring a likeminded society?

What is it and why do ‘some’ hold such discontent for it?

"Trumpism" is simply Shit-for-Brains people supporting a Shit-for-Brains President!

There are official, definitive statements from those agencies that it doesn't work, or are there studies that they refer to that based on said studies, they don't THINK it works?

Not references to studies, definitive statements.
If more data comes forward, they are open to changing their stance. But for the time being, the best evidence available shows it doesn't work and is not a recommended treatment.

Is that TDS?

Yeah. That's about it.

Are you sure it’s not just a fed up and retaliatory Right that has been given a label by ‘paranoid’ Leftists in an attempt to shut them back up?
There are many on the right, conservatives that are very much against Trump. His method of governing is toxic and people of all ideologies can recognize that.

his enemies are in open insurrection in the streets. that is "toxic" and "divisive".

if you consider trump the bad guy right now, you are the problem, not him.
I agree that many of Trump opponents are engaging in dishonest and unacceptable behavior. But if you don’t think Trump is neck deep in that crap then you are blind. I know the tactic is accuse the accusers instead of taking responsibility but you’re not fooling anybody with that tactic

the resist call went out before trump took office. before trump took office, federal agents were lying to judges to get warrants against him.

mayors are ordering the cops to stand down, so rioters can rule the streets and terrorize law abiding citizens.

innocent citizens are being arrested for defending themselves against violent mobs.

That’s a very skewed and dishonest representation of history you’re presenting there. Some of those points we’ve debated in the past. Sounds like you’re dug in on that narrative but that’s just not how I see it. I guess that’s just how it is during these divided times

teh resist call went out, almost immediately after the election.

that is not me being "dishonest", that is the truth.

Yes a call went out as soon as Trump was elected just as a call went out to stop Obama right after he was elected and just as the wings of every party activate to challenge the opposition when they gain power. But Trump owns the intensity of this battle and has fueled both his resistance and his followers with his rhetoric and method of attack. Smart leaders don’t give attention to the noise makers and they focus on the important things. As you can see clearly in this board, the conversation has devolved to grade school levels. The partisan haters who love to attack are emboldened and they love Trump because he propagates these type of fights. I don’t know why these people think a divided America that hates eachother is a better America than one that is unified but that seems to be the trend. That’s what Trumpism is all about

big difference between the republicans planning a partisan, and political fight to make obama a one termer,

and your side refusing to respect the peaceful transfer of power.

that you blame others, for your behavior, is understandable. if i was you, i would not want to be held accountable for the shit your side has done either.
What’s been my behavior? What have I done specifically to challenge the transfer of power? Come on now, you accused me, now back it up. Show examples

you're identifying with your side. thank you for not denying it.

as to your personals actions in support of it, i can guess. probably a shit ton of pushing the narrative and carrying water for certain important lies.
You just said a whole lot of nothing. LMK when you’re ready to talk about real stuff. I have no interest in these generic labels and stereotypes. They are a waste of time

i made a comment about your side's behavior and you self identified with it.

that was your call. as to your personal contribution, you can share that with us, if you want. or not.
That’s all I do here is share my perspective. You ignore the specific to try and attack “my side” the imaginary left. It’s called a strawman argument and it is a weak minded tactic used by those who can’t deal with specifics. You seem like a relatively smart person. Do better.

you blamed trump for something that was actually the fault of teh group, "the left".

your dislike of discussing groups or using such labels, is common with liberals.

my point stands. trump is not responsible for the hysterical reaction from your side, to his election.
Trump attacked the media by calling them fake news and the enemy of the people so he faces a more hostile media than any other president. Yes that is provoked outcome. Trump takes credit for successes that he didn’t earn and blames everything bad on the democrats so he has a very strong and unified opposition from the Dems. That is a provokes outcome. Trump lies and distorts on a regular basis which is offensive to many Americans so he is not trusted and not respected by many in the public. That’s is a provoked outcome all of which were a result of Trumps chosen words and actions. It’s why he is a piss poor leader. He would be a great TV propagandist though. He can have his own show next year
So wrong...
The media outlets attacked Trump first and then Trump called them proliferates of Fake News.
The MSM is eternally pissed off that nobody trusts them anymore or treats them like a privileged class in Society anymore :smoke:
The MSM isn't trusted mainly because they kept saying things that Trump and the right doesn't want them to say.
Sorry buddy, but recent polls show even democrats don't believe them anymore. If you trust them, especially after the last three years, you might be one of the very few and should probably seek treatment.
I don't lump all media together. That's reductionist.

We hear it thrown around all the time...right?
Is Trumpism nationalism?
Is it extreme patriotism?
Is it embracing and defending America’s right to sovereignty?
Is it the support and or display of core American values?
Is it preferring a likeminded society?

What is it and why do ‘some’ hold such discontent for it?

It is Americans acting in their self interest, same as all the other people who accuse us of "Trumpism".

Enough with them.
True selfishness is a big part of it

Exactly the opposite. Trump derangement and selfishness go hand in hand. Endless entitlements and benefits provided at other people's expense is what it is all about. Trumpism is the realization we must do what is right for the nation and put aside our ego for a moment.
That’s policy and can be debated. But you just said it very well, “It is Americans acting in their self interest”

We can debate which ideology is more selfish than the other, that’s a big discussion, but at the heart of Trumpism is a very selfish outlook and way of dealing with issues. No doubt about that

Awesome!
Individualism is a pillar of our nations founding. We need to get back to what made us great.
Individualism is great. I think the USA has and still stands for that

You'll find “selfishness” lying at the root of individualism.
Well that depends on how you balance it in your life. Everybody is selfish to a degree
Let’s get away from the word games...In what context does selfishness bother you as you relate it to Trumpism?
Well mainly the fact that EVERYTHING is about Trump. The ego of the man is unbelievable and instead of providing honest leadership he spouts pure bullshit trying to spin every situation as a win. And then his puppet followers just follow suit. I can deal with ideological differences. I respect elements of both parties. But we can’t even talk policy and details because Trump doesn’t do details. He does simplistic talking points and petty attacks. Our discourse is on par with an elementary school playground and Trump is the bully eating everybody’s lunch. The selfishness of how he conducts himself defines the very worst elements of the word.

What you see and hear is Trump speaking and acting on behalf of a beyond livid Right. Look, I don’t know why you Lefties refuse to process this but I am dead serious when I say it...The Right HATES the Left far more than Hitler ever hated Jews. We view the Left as America’s worst enemy. Trump, like us, aims to attack, expose, insult and offend the Left with EVERYTHING he says and does...it’s why he is so adored by the Right. He, like us, have ZERO interest in ‘working with’ and making deals with the Left.

No one says you haven't been driven insane by hatemongers who got rich selling you outrage, anger, and testosterone replacement therapy.

I lived in pre-Guiliani NYC, and I live in post Guilani NYC, and his being an asshole is why the city rebounded and came back.

I just don't buy that. Whatever he was able to accomplish happened in spite of him being an asshole. Celebrating the negative aspects of his character, as though they are good things rather than recognizing them as flaws, is idiotic. It's why we have a shitty President, and why so many of his followers take pride in being shitty people.

No honest person can look at Trump - even if you agree with him on the issues - and pretend that many criticisms of him are not valid, particularly those on his temperament and behaviors.

To pretend that actually isn't derangement. That's not stupidity. That's just outright lying, and proof that these people have and deserve zero (0) credibility.
So because you think he is an asshole, you will vote for arson and tent cities and people who think minorities are too stupid to get ID? Your willing to pay 7dollar gallons of gas to pay for AOC's insane green new deal? All of that because you guys don't like his personality?
I saw you thought that was funny Mac, but it is the truth. You hate Trump so much you will vote for a train wreck and be the first in line. Your party's policies are flat out wrong across the board, and calling Trump some kind of devil is not going to make that vile load smell any better. You have said that after the democrats gain control that you hope democrats could address their problems. I'm pretty sure that is not a great idea.

I saw you thought that was funny Mac, but it is the truth. You hate Trump so much you will vote for a train wreck and be the first in line. Your party's policies are flat out wrong across the board, and calling Trump some kind of devil is not going to make that vile load smell any better. You have said that after the democrats gain control that you hope democrats could address their problems. I'm pretty sure that is not a great idea.
Well, I'm thrilled that we have you here to point out The Truth for us, no matter how much you have to lie about my positions.

New Topics

Forum List

Back