What is the most disgusting fast food spot?

I'm usually not a food snob. I'll have preferences, but that's generally it.

but

I had my first philly cheese steak in philly and every Philly cheese steak outside of philly, is just a cheese burger hoagie.

Not any where near the same level of awesome

McDonalds has to be the worst for me.
Most places are only as good as the people working there.
Anytime you get a burger thats been sitting under a heat lamp it's gonna suck.
That being said,I expect to be disappointed every time I walk into a fast food joint.
I generally like all fast food places, but if I had to pick one, it would be McDonald's. Their meat tastes like cardboard, and, yes they cook it before you order it, which means it's not fresh. However, I have to hand it to them, they have a policy of tossing out food once it's been out too long. Their fries are tossed out after seven minutes.

A lot has to with location. Whataburger and Dairy Queen kick ass in the small towns of Texas. You get into Houston and they generally suck.
Small towns cant make a bunch of burgers and assume they'll sell em,so they're usually fresh,the margins to thin out there.

Five guys is the best upscale burger place I have been in years. I don't know, because I have not been there in a long time, but I suspect they beat Fuddruckers now. Both of these places, however, need to set up a booth for getting a second mortgage so that you can pay their prices.

I know that it is an aquired taste, but I would do just about anything to get a White Castle or Crystal down here in S. Arizona.

Last edited:
Five guys is the best upscale burger place I have been in years. I don't know, because I have not been there in a long time, but I suspect they beat Fuddruckers now. Both of these places, however, need to set up a booth for getting a second mortgage so that you can pay their prices.

I don't really consider Five Guys a "fast food" place, they're a step above that, more like a high-end burger stand.

Too expensive to be called "fast food", in my mind. But they make an amazing burger.

For years, I favored Burger King because of their famous char-broiled taste.

Then, I came to believe that that taste is artificially produced by an additive.

I don't know why it took me so long to figure that out.

Last I heard Fuddruckers was in trouble.
I dont mind dropping and extra five or ten bucks for a good burger on occasion.
If I go to Whataburger and get a triple with cheese combo it's fourteen bucks,add five more and I can go to Five Guys.
Only thing that keeps me from going to the high end joints on a regular basis is no drive thru.

For years, I favored Burger King because of their famous char-broiled taste.

Then, I came to believe that that taste is artificially produced by an additive.

I don't know why it took me so long to figure that out.

The old "it takes two hands to handle a whopper" only works if your six years old these days.
But yeah they use to be OK.

I know that it is an aquired taste, but I would do just about anything to get a White Castle or Crystal down here in S. Arizona.
No way. Fuddruckers rules. Their 1 lb'er is outstanding. Not to mention that aside from ordering what style burger you like, you also have lots of condiments to season your burger anyway you like.

McDonalds has to be the worst for me.
Most places are only as good as the people working there.
Anytime you get a burger thats been sitting under a heat lamp it's gonna suck.
That being said,I expect to be disappointed every time I walk into a fast food joint.
I generally like all fast food places, but if I had to pick one, it would be McDonald's. Their meat tastes like cardboard, and, yes they cook it before you order it, which means it's not fresh. However, I have to hand it to them, they have a policy of tossing out food once it's been out too long. Their fries are tossed out after seven minutes.

A lot has to with location. Whataburger and Dairy Queen kick ass in the small towns of Texas. You get into Houston and they generally suck.
Small towns cant make a bunch of burgers and assume they'll sell em,so they're usually fresh,the margins to thin out there.
Yeah, I am a Whataburger fan. Their burger is bigger diameterwise, and they only cook it once you order it.

We can thank sucky fast food for places like Smash burger and Five Guys.
At least those are halfway decent,expensive,but decent.
Red Robin is good also. They also cater to kids.

Ugh.

Red Robin is gross.

When I was younger I waited tables at Red Robin, as well as a few other shitty restaurants. Red Robin was by far the least clean and sanitary.

I saw a rat fall out of the acoustic tile in the kitchen during dinner service.

We can thank sucky fast food for places like Smash burger and Five Guys.
At least those are halfway decent,expensive,but decent.
Red Robin is good also. They also cater to kids.

Ugh.

Red Robin is gross.

When I was younger I waited tables at Red Robin, as well as a few other shitty restaurants. Red Robin was by far the least clean and sanitary.

I saw a rat fall out of the acoustic tile in the kitchen during dinner service.
I guess it depends on location. The same can be said of Burger King. It is a regular fast food joint, and one of my favorites. Depending on location and/or city, you can have a Burger King that is super neat and friendly staff, while others will be unkempt, and lazy staff.

There was a sign at a local Burger King that said the fat content of a Whopper was 40% less without the mayo. Have it without mayo and cheese and you get rid of 60% of the fat.

Having said that, I rarely eat there. I remember eating breakfast at BK. I was really hungry and ordered two hash browns. I instantly felt disgusted after finishing them. I went to the nutrition table on the wall and found out I had ingested 50g of fat on those two orders of hash browns alone. That was 15 years ago. I've only eaten there for breakfast once since, and that was because we were driving through a rural area on a Sunday morning, starving, and that was the only thing open.

No way. Fuddruckers rules. Their 1 lb'er is outstanding. Not to mention that aside from ordering what style burger you like, you also have lots of condiments to season your burger anyway you like.

I agree. Fuddruckers is awesome.

And I love those little Crystal Burgers! They are SO junky!

White Castle is soooooo icky. I can't figure out the almost cultish following they have.

On a road trip some friends and I went on, we stopped at a place called Culvers. It was really, really good. They make everything to order.

Forum List

Back