Nutela

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I've seen a lot of ads for it and had no idea what it was. Then, at the check-out counter, I saw a small sampler – for too much $$$ - and decided to try it. Really delicious. Just wonder if it's good or bad for a diabetic.

I've eaten Nutella off and on for years. Neither the taste nor the nutrition is something to write home about, but it can be useful as a spread or in recipes.

It took a while for the stuff to catch on.

Then suddenly some food biggies noticed their sales of peanut butter AND chocolate were both off. So now you see similar spreads all over the place. Notably from Hershey's and Nestle.

I'm guessing it will take more than one but fewer than two years for these to lose popularity and vanish.

Nutella is a hazelnut spread that is very tasty, especially when spread on fresh white bread. Makes a good snack in between breakfast and lunch. Trick is to keep it in a place that is not too cool, as it tends to harden, and not as tasty when hard.

When you travel in Europe, It's on most Western European breakfast tables with the Butter
and Jellies. That's where I first had it. Tasty, but addictive -- as the poster above noted.
Having anything like that first thing in morning is pretty decadent. I'd rather have it as a desert.

Can't be truly bad for you in small doses, but it's got waaaay too much sugar in it to be a
regular DIABETIC snack..

I've seen a lot of ads for it and had no idea what it was. Then, at the check-out counter, I saw a small sampler – for too much $$$ - and decided to try it. Really delicious. Just wonder if it's good or bad for a diabetic.

I didn't know what it was when I first saw it in Europe, then again in places from the Middle East to India. Then, returning to Stockholm in December, I bought that and a jar of Skippy peanut butter. It is basically chocolate peanut butter, and now I eat both on a slice of toast every morning, along with cereal and yogurt, one hard boiled egg, a glass of orange juice, and one cup of coffee. I feel like a champ for the whole day. I was never a sweet eater, but now love the stuff. In fact, I will wake tomorrow and probably not eat anything else but that and peanut butter on toast and enjoy a coffee since it is the weekend...really treat myself since the wife and mother in law are out on the island visiting their grandmother. I just won't eat it once I start drinking some beer around noon and watching Olympics. Haven't made my way to Kalles Kaviar in a tube yet...if you have heard about Nutella...surely you have seen that if ever making a trek up this way. *wink*

It's quite tasty but the main ingredient is sugar so ... probably not for diabetics so much.

Ingredients: Nutella is made from sugar, modified palm oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skimmed milk powder, whey powder, lecithin, and vanillin.

Nutella - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's really good for dipping (hard, thin) pretzels into.

It's pronounced new-tell-a, which is ridiculous since it's made with hazelNUTS not hazelNEWTS.

omG, we're out of Nutella!

Forum List

Back