Bay Area fast food chains continue layoffs ahead of minimum wage increase

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Democrats can’t figure out the real minimum wage is $0.
Or is it they wish to destroy the economy?

Only In-in-Out to ever close just closed in the Bay Area also because of what Democrats have done.

Democrats can’t figure out the real minimum wage is $0.
Or is it they wish to destroy the economy?

Only In-in-Out to ever close just closed in the Bay Area also because of what Democrats have done.

In a state that already has the highest unemployment rate in the nation as well as a multi-billion dollar deficit. The golden state has turned to tin under Newsom's regime.

They are setting up for all the illegals to start making mexican food stores...

Saw that happening in Manassas Va where the local Don Pablo closed while a bunch of Mexican Restaurants popped up instead.
Is the Mexican place (I don't recall it's name) just north of Bull Run on Rt 28 still around? It was just up from Law's Auction house on the same side of the road.

Man, back in the 70s you could feed 10 men very well on $20.00. Dirt cheap and good.

Is the Mexican place (I don't recall it's name) just north of Bull Run on Rt 28 still around? It was just up from Law's Auction house on the same side of the road.

Man, back in the 70s you could feed 10 men very well on $20.00. Dirt cheap and good.
We had a place in our town back in the 70s that was like that. I was newly married and I couldn't make a lunch for what they charged. It was funny. Named Noah's Hofbrau and they were owned by a Chinese family and served Chinese and American food. I remember getting a carved turkey lunch with potatoes, gravy, stuffing and veggie and roll for $1.75. The same family still owns it in a different location but their food is still great and very reasonable.

Leading to a healthier America..cool beans~

Making it harder for poor people to live, isnt necessarily making their lives healthier. You ever hear of food deserts inside of inner cities? now the little food they do have will be more expensive and jobs harder to find. Of course everyone can collect government assistence right?

They are setting up for all the illegals to start making mexican food stores...

Saw that happening in Manassas Va where the local Don Pablo closed while a bunch of Mexican Restaurants popped up instead.

I see them where i live pushing food carts down the street, and selling tomales out of the trunks of cars at times.. I dont begrudge anyone making a buck they work for, but then you see shit like this. And i've seen it more than once. The girl got to keep the stand open in this case, but I know the cops aroiund here could care less if these food distributors are even liscensed.

No money in catering to poor people. An economy based on bubbles and selling each other Apple shares is going to go into depression, just a fact. Importing even more cheap labor just multiplies the problem.

All these businesses are immediately going to look at their books and decide how much the extra pay is per year, then they will cut back staff needed to in order to offset that amount. So yes a few will make more money, but more will lose their job entirely.

It's fast food. It isn't intended to sustain a family on its wages. It's a entry level position for entering the work force or part time work for older people, that's it. To make a living wage they would have to sell at sit down restaurant prices, but it isn't that. Just like a Nissan versa can't be sold for the same price as a Toyota tundra, they are both vehicles but serve completely different purposes for different people's desires and budgets.

Anyone that owns a business knows employees are your biggest expense. So they have a choice. Raise prices which will lead to lower sales, or cut back on employees.

Eventually they will look at the cost of employees over say 10 years and compare it to the upfront cost of automation and how it spreads out over 10 years. Then they will cut 90% of staff and go to automation.

Fast food workers do not deserve skilled or semi skilled wages for non skilled labor.

Forum List

Back