Is Fast Food Affordable Anymore? Here’s How Menu Prices Have Changed Over the Years [2024]

If McD are fresh, hot, salted, they are still good.

I didn't click on your link is it a different grease they use now?

Wendy fries are pretty good. But not what I want. I don't want fat fries. I want McD thin crispy fries. With katsup.
1711897202672.png

When I buy the sausage biscuit and cook the sausages more because I like them more well done, I also squeeze out the grease in the napkins. Why eat that grease if you don't have to?
Why even go through that? I just made breakfast at home for 4 adults, and 1 toddler (which means throwing a good bit of that one away…lol) …

We had homemade sausage gravy and biscuits, scrambled eggs, and French toast. The whole thing to put together cost about $15, and was hot, and delicious. Plus I didn’t have to put up with a counter person that was annoyed that they had to get off their phone to take my order.

When your paying entry-level burger flippers $20+/hr .. what do you expect? Eventually, it will provide diminishing returns with the product and service being provided.

I think prices are even more in west US? And smaller than ten yrs ago.

Quarter Pounder® with Cheese Deluxe$6.99
Bacon Quarter Pounder® with Cheese$7.55
Triple Cheeseburger$5.49
Double Cheeseburger$4.19

It really takes off when democrats came in.

Remember when democrats said inflation was transitory?

Democrats literally do nothing but gaslight Americans.

Bill Maher said it best

“We handed out 4 trillion dollars of free money, 280 billion of which was just flat-out stolen in what the AP called ‘the greatest grift in US history’ and which started an inflationary spiral that we now blame on Biden. So we’re gonna bring back Trump?! The guy who ignored COVID like it was the dinner check?!”

You're stupid. Inflation has everything to do with the topic.

This all began with biden's war on oil, which hurt Americans and enriched Putin. High energy prices are the cause of high fast food prices.
Corporate greed and advertising are the cause of fast food prices rising. Only an idiot..that would be you...would think that a 100% rise in prices is driven by anything other than greed.
This all began long before Biden took office.

Bill Maher said it best

“We handed out 4 trillion dollars of free money, 280 billion of which was just flat-out stolen in what the AP called ‘the greatest grift in US history’ and which started an inflationary spiral that we now blame on Biden. So we’re gonna bring back Trump?! The guy who ignored COVID like it was the dinner check?!”

I've noted that for years. Basic Econ 101.

Those that buy,eat, and bitch about the price increases have all the power to do something about it and it's really simple: Don't buy it! If there's no demand, the companies will lower the prices. Basic economics.

Corporate greed and advertising are the cause of fast food prices rising. Only an idiot..that would be you...would think that a 100% rise in prices is driven by anything other than greed.
^^^ This gaslighting isn't fooling anybody.

You would have to be retarded, like YOU, to not blame inflation.

America, when these WEF shills fail to move poll numbers in the democrats direction, the WEF will deem these shills and bots ineffective and move to remove Americans access to sites like this.

Be ready for a cyber pandemic that gives Americans China style internet with only WEF approved sites.

Has everything to do with it....Inflation is over 20% since potatohead was installed.

Before leaving office, former President Donald Trump approved emergency aid measures totaling $3.2 trillion, according to figures from the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee. Biden’s 2021 American Rescue Plan authorized the spending of another $1.9 trillion.

Oh, and like Hillary went along with Iraq, Mitch signed this bill. So it's "both sides" fault.

Don't know about fair, But would rather pay more to the worker trying to work their way through college, or save to get their own apt.
Than see ONE person paid 7.4 million. Big pay check ok., but Pass a little down to the working person.

Wow! In 10 years prices have surged..some more than 100%. This is far in advance of any 'inflation'.
Fast food..which is neither fast..nor good food...is not a necessity.

Key findings​

• From 2014 to 2024, average menu prices have risen between 39% and 100% — all increases that outpace inflation during the given time period (31%).
  • McDonald’s menu prices have doubled (100% increase) since 2014 across popular items — the highest of any chain we analyzed.
  • Popeyes follows McDonald’s with an 86% increase, and Taco Bell is third at +81%.
  • Menu prices at Subway and Starbucks have risen by “just” 39% since 2014 — the lowest among chains we studied. These are also the only restaurants where prices have risen by less than 50%.

How does fast food inflation compare to actual inflation?​

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the cost of goods has risen 31% since 2014. This means that $100 in 2014 dollars is worth $131 in 2024 dollars. Much of this change has happened in the last 5 years — inflation is up 22% since 2019. So how do the average menu price increases at popular fast food chains compare to those rates?

A line chart showing how various fast-food chains' prices have increased from 2014 to 2024 compared to inflation. The highest increases are from McDonald's and the lowest are from Subway and Starbucks.' prices have increased from 2014 to 2024 compared to inflation. The highest increases are from McDonald's and the lowest are from Subway and Starbucks.

The restaurants we evaluated raised prices by 60% on average between 2014 and 2024. That means they’ve raised prices at a rate nearly double the national rate of inflation.
Five different restaurants — McDonald’s, Popeyes, Taco Bell, Chipotle, and Jimmy John’s — raised their prices at more than double the actual inflation rate. McDonald’s raised prices so much that their average menu prices increased more than three times the national rate of inflation.
Xidenflation

Bill Maher said it best

He so nailed it, and the mega-grifter is lined up for another term, while has had 4 years to stew, and scheme.

Yea, stupidity is rampant.

Forum List

Back