What is the good news of God's kingdom - Matthew 24:14?

Newtonian

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2020
I could, of course, simply post the answer in some detail right away. Only those of my religion are currently fulfilling Matthew 24:14.

I am hoping you all could post what you think the good news of God's kingdom is? For example - Matthew 6:9,10.

And I will add a leading question especially relevant to a political forum: Is God's kingdom a government?

I will post in more detail after you all post your thoughts/understandings.

"God" and "Kingdom" are metaphors.
Personal revelation is the news.
See Mathew 21:21.

I could, of course, simply post the answer in some detail right away. Only those of my religion are currently fulfilling Matthew 24:14.

I am hoping you all could post what you think the good news of God's kingdom is? For example - Matthew 6:9,10.

And I will add a leading question especially relevant to a political forum: Is God's kingdom a government?

I know that some of you guys will think that being in God's presence is nothing. But I had a dream years ago. Well I don't know whether or not that it was a dream. I couldn't even say if I was in the body or not. But it was very vivid.
But in this dream, I was floating up into space, going towards something that I couldn't see but I knew that it was God for some reason. But I had this feeling inside of me as if I was returning home from a very long journey. But having the feeling of a cool summer breeze on the hottest day of the year going throughout me. Feeling euphoric. As if I wanted to stay in that condition forever. Didn't care about nothing else in the world but to stay in that state, as if I was a drug addict.
But this was being in the presence of God. A peace that cannot be described. No worries of anything. All you know is that you'll be taken care of forever. No cravings of any sort or any other desires. But only having the desire of being in His presence.
But in the dream. We didn't communicated by physical means. But we just knew what each other is feeling, but couldn't see Him. But I knew he was their.. But I had this feeling that came upon me that I must go back. That is when the crap hit the fan. In the dream. That I started to struggle to keep myself from returning. Because I didn't wanted to go back.
But all of a sudden I was turned around and shot back down at the speed of lightning. Only captured quick glimpses of things while I was being sent back.
But after having that dream. That it gave me more clarity of the scriptures.
But I have posted videos on this site of others that had this experience. And I've heard others on talk radio shows of guess, that they have had this experience as well.
But in this world. We uses natural methods to please the body. And so it is kinda hard to relate to understand the spiritual realm, because the fruit made us to focus more on our physical nature.

God has given me more bags to carry.

Hebrews 4 Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed. Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, “So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’” And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world. ...

Revelation 22:12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.

Psalm 51:11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.

2 Corinthians 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows.

1 Corinthians 6:13 You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

Philippians 3:19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things.

Last edited:
The "problem" with perceptions is that they are, necessarily and by definition, internal and cannot ever be fully authenticated by what we, again, perceive as being 'external', 'objective'. One will never know until the time one ends this "earthly contact" whether this "earthly contact" is all there is. By that time, it won't matter about communicating with or convincing others. Thus, one must be satisfied with one's own revelations and understandings. It is all one will ever have.

The kingdom of God is the gospel, true enough. Your thread title is right.

Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones proclaiming this kingdom? That seems a bit exclusive.

Just curious - what is the kingdom, exactly, that you people proclaim?

Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones proclaiming this kingdom? That seems a bit exclusive.

Of course, I am just one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Our official website is:

www.jw.org

You could use God's Kingdom as a search word to find much on this and the good news (gospel) of God's kingdom.

For example this short video: (3 minutes 15 seconds)

www.jw.org

You could use God's Kingdom as a search word to find much on this and the good news (gospel) of God's kingdom.

I already know what the kingdom is. Canon articulates it clearly enough. It arrived long before the Kingdom Hall arrived, so I'm wondering how you interpret canon.

I'm not convinced JWs are the only ones with the inside dope on a 2,000-year tradition. Posting links is not the best way to convince others.

www.jw.org

I already know what the kingdom is. Canon articulates it clearly enough. It arrived long before the Kingdom Hall arrived, so I'm wondering how you interpret canon.

I'm not convinced JWs are the only ones with the inside dope on a 2,000-year tradition. Posting links is not the best way to convince others.

You asked me what we people believe. If you want to know what any specific religion believes, it is best to go to their official website. However, I see you prefer in my own words. Btw, did you watch the video?

OK, for starters:

Yes, I was being exclusive - but, of course, I was referring to what we believe is the good news of God's kingdom. To clarify: we are the only religion enjoying the miraculous fulfillment of Isaiah 2:2-4 now - including our learning war no more in harmony with Jesus' direction at Matthew 5:44 for us to love our enemies.

When I was Lutheran I was taught the kingdom of God is in our hearts. They quoted a translation of Jesus' words being "the kingdom is within you." But Jesus was talking to the Pharisees who obviously did not have the kingdom in their hearts.

We believe Kingdom means the domain and dominion of the King, and we believe Jesus is anointed by Jehovah to be King of God's kingdom (over simplified of course). There are many aspects of the good news of God's kingdom (Matthew 24:14). One is in Jesus model prayer in Matthew 6:9,10 that when God's kingdom comes God's will is to be done on earth as in heaven.

But there is much more. We believe Jesus is already ruling in heaven and that we have a choice to give our undivided allegiance to Jesus as anointed King now. Since Jesus and his Father are one [John 10:30] (not one person but in unity) - this is also giving allegiance to God as our ruler:

Acts 5:27-32

So they brought them and stood them before the Sanʹhe·drin. Then the high priest questioned them 28 and said: “We strictly ordered you not to keep teaching on the basis of this name,+ and yet look! you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching, and you are determined to bring the blood of this man upon us.”+ 29 In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.+ 30 The God of our forefathers raised up Jesus, whom you killed, hanging him on a stake.+ 31 God exalted this one as Chief Agent+ and Savior+ to his right hand,+ to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.+ 32 And we are witnesses of these matters,+ and so is the holy spirit,+ which God has given to those obeying him as ruler.”

So, we obey God as ruler rather than men if they direct us in a way that would be disobedient to our King, Jesus, and to his God Jehovah. Thankfully, in the United States at this time (not when I was draft age) there is no law conflicting with any law of God.

Bottom line - the good news of God's kingdom includes the fact that we do not have to wait to enjoy the miraculous fulfillment of Isaiah 2:2-4 - we can and do enjoy being loyal subjects if Jesus Christ.

An example of how we apply allegiance to Jesus was under the Nazi regime under Hitler. The National Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. documents our stand - you can google it! But the main points are that at the risk of death we would not join Hitler's armies nor join the Nazi party nor heil Hitler - and many of us died in concentration camps because we would not compromise our allegiance to God's government with Jesus as King.

www.jw.org

You asked me what we people believe. If you want to know what any specific religion believes, it is best to go to their official website. However, I see you prefer in my own words. Btw, did you watch the video?

OK, for starters:

Yes, I was being exclusive - but, of course, I was referring to what we believe is the good news of God's kingdom. To clarify: we are the only religion enjoying the miraculous fulfillment of Isaiah 2:2-4 now - including our learning war no more in harmony with Jesus' direction at Matthew 5:44 for us to love our enemies.

When I was Lutheran I was taught the kingdom of God is in our hearts. They quoted a translation of Jesus' words being "the kingdom is within you." But Jesus was talking to the Pharisees who obviously did not have the kingdom in their hearts.

We believe Kingdom means the domain and dominion of the King, and we believe Jesus is anointed by Jehovah to be King of God's kingdom (over simplified of course). There are many aspects of the good news of God's kingdom (Matthew 24:14). One is in Jesus model prayer in Matthew 6:9,10 that when God's kingdom comes God's will is to be done on earth as in heaven.

But there is much more. We believe Jesus is already ruling in heaven and that we have a choice to give our undivided allegiance to Jesus as anointed King now. Since Jesus and his Father are one [John 10:30] (not one person but in unity) - this is also giving allegiance to God as our ruler:

So they brought them and stood them before the Sanʹhe·drin. Then the high priest questioned them 28 and said: “We strictly ordered you not to keep teaching on the basis of this name,+ and yet look! you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching, and you are determined to bring the blood of this man upon us.”+ 29 In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.+ 30 The God of our forefathers raised up Jesus, whom you killed, hanging him on a stake.+ 31 God exalted this one as Chief Agent+ and Savior+ to his right hand,+ to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.+ 32 And we are witnesses of these matters,+ and so is the holy spirit,+ which God has given to those obeying him as ruler.”

So, we obey God as ruler rather than men if they direct us in a way that would be disobedient to our King, Jesus, and to his God Jehovah. Thankfully, in the United States at this time (not when I was draft age) there is no law conflicting with any law of God.

Bottom line - the good news of God's kingdom includes the fact that we do not have to wait to enjoy the miraculous fulfillment of Isaiah 2:2-4 - we can and do enjoy being loyal subjects if Jesus Christ.

An example of how we apply allegiance to Jesus was under the Nazi regime under Hitler. The National Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. documents our stand - you can google it! But the main points are that at the risk of death we would not join Hitler's armies nor join the Nazi party nor heil Hitler - and many of us died in concentration camps because we would not compromise our allegiance to God's government with Jesus as King.
According to your Isaiah reference, this kingdom would rise in the latter days. And so it did.

Why, then, the need for a movement to make this happen nearly 1900 years later?

Perhaps a concept of the kingdom would help, which you haven't yet imparted. Can you tell us in a sentence or a few words what the kingdom is, besides having a king?

www.jw.org

OK, for starters:

According to your Isaiah reference, this kingdom would rise in the latter days. And so it did.

Perhaps a concept of the kingdom would help, which you haven't yet imparted. Can you tell us in a sentence or a few words what the kingdom is, besides having a king?

God's kingdom is God's government with Jesus as anointed King.

The law out of Zion in Isaiah 2:2-4 is one of the laws of God's Kingdom - heavenly Zion (Hebrews 12:22) not earthly Zion. That law leads to our learning war no more in harmony with the law of Christ including for us to love our enemies - Matthew 5:44.

We give our undivided allegiance to that government which is why we do not pledge allegiance to any human government.

The good news of God's kingdom includes that we can enjoy the miraculous fulfillment of Isaiah 2:2-4 now! (Matthew 24:14 - a sign of the last days)

www.jw.org

OK, for starters:

The law out of Zion in Isaiah 2:2-4 is one of the laws of God's Kingdom - heavenly Zion (Hebrews 12:22) not earthly Zion. That law leads to our learning war no more in harmony with the law of Christ including for us to love our enemies - Matthew 5:44.

We give our undivided allegiance to that government which is why we do not pledge allegiance to any human government.

The good news of God's kingdom includes that we can enjoy the miraculous fulfillment of Isaiah 2:2-4 now! (Matthew 24:14 - a sign of the last days)
That's well and good, but where is this government of God's? Or what is it?

Respectfully, do you pledge allegiance to your spouse? Your church? Or do you consider your home and church to be free of government?

www.jw.org

OK, for starters:

Respectfully, do you pledge allegiance to your spouse? Your church? Or do you consider your home and church to be free of government?
It is a heavenly government - i.e. its capital, New Jerusalem as part of heavenly Jerusalem (Hebrews 12:22 ff) - the Zion of Isaiah 2:2-4 - is in heaven. However, its rule extends to our planet - albeit Jesus is ruling in the midst of his enemies - Psalms 110:1,2.

The marriage vow is different - we are in subjection to one another and both are in subjection to Jesus. Our religion is led by a faithful and discreet slave (Matthew 24:45-47) who are 'slaves' of Jesus - thus we do not follow men but rather we follow Jesus. We do imitate faithful ones - we imitate their faith.

Romans 13:1-5 shows we are to be in subjection to whichever human government ruling over our area. Acts 5:29 shows that subjection is relative - we obey God as ruler rather than men when a conflict between the laws of the 2 governments contradict.

In the United States at this time there is no law against God's law. Under Hitler, however, there was conflict and many of us died in concentration camps rather than compromise our loyalty to Jesus as our anointed King.

The National Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C, documents this - would you like me to post links from their extensive database?

www.jw.org

OK, for starters:

It is a heavenly government - i.e. its capital, New Jerusalem as part of heavenly Jerusalem (Hebrews 12:22 ff) - the Zion of Isaiah 2:2-4 - is in heaven. However, its rule extends to our planet - albeit Jesus is ruling in the midst of his enemies - Psalms 110:1,2.

The marriage vow is different - we are in subjection to one another and both are in subjection to Jesus. Our religion is led by a faithful and discreet slave (Matthew 24:45-47) who are 'slaves' of Jesus - thus we do not follow men but rather we follow Jesus. We do imitate faithful ones - we imitate their faith.

Romans 13:1-5 shows we are to be in subjection to whichever human government ruling over our area. Acts 5:29 shows that subjection is relative - we obey God as ruler rather than men when a conflict between the laws of the 2 governments contradict.

In the United States at this time there is no law against God's law. Under Hitler, however, there was conflict and many of us died in concentration camps rather than compromise our loyalty to Jesus as our anointed King.

The National Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C, documents this - would you like me to post links from their extensive database?
As we can see in Hebrews 12:22, a verse that you cite, in the first century, believers had already come to this holy city. It is, of course, heavenly, but also earthly.

Christ started his reign in the kingdom as the union of heaven and earth (Eph 1:10). He is the sovereign endowed with all authority in heaven and on earth (Mt 28:18).

This kingdom does not have a capital that is a part of it. The new Jerusalem is the heavenly Jerusalem. It's the new country, the city of God, the new Most Holy Place, as the Revelator conveys it, that is a 1400-mile cube nearly the size of the moon (Rv 21:16). That is, it spanned the earth as they perceived it then.

No longer do a select few periodically commune with God on behalf of the whole. Jesus ripped that veil open once for all. All are priests in this new kingdom that spans the earth.

This kingdom - the church and her king, the bride and her bridegroom, a union consummated nearly 2,000 years ago - is here. It is not incumbent on Jehovah's Witnesses or anyone else to bring it. The Lord was fully capable of finishing his own work.

www.jw.org

OK, for starters:

As we can see in Hebrews 12:22, a verse that you cite, in the first century, believers had already come to this holy city. It is, of course, heavenly, but also earthly.

Christ started his reign in the kingdom as the union of heaven and earth (Eph 1:10). He is the sovereign endowed with all authority in heaven and on earth (Mt 28:18).

This kingdom does not have a capital that is a part of it. The new Jerusalem is the heavenly Jerusalem. It's the new country, the city of God, the new Most Holy Place, as the Revelator conveys it, that is a 1400-mile cube nearly the size of the moon (Rv 21:16). That is, it spanned the earth as they perceived it then.

No longer do a select few periodically commune with God on behalf of the whole. Jesus ripped that veil open once for all. All are priests in this new kingdom that spans the earth.

This kingdom - the church and her king, the bride and her bridegroom, a union consummated nearly 2,000 years ago - is here. It is not incumbent on Jehovah's Witnesses or anyone else to bring it. The Lord was fully capable of finishing his own work.

There is more than one kingdom of God - see the 2 mountains of Daniel 2:35,44,45.

More importantly, only loyal subjects of God's Kingdom obey the law out of Zion referred to in Isaiah 2:2-4 and thus learn war no more. We don't have to wait to enjoy the miraculous fulfillment of this prophecy!

There is an old saying: actions speak louder than words!

www.jw.org

OK, for starters:

There is more than one kingdom of God - see the 2 mountains of Daniel 2:35,44,45.

More importantly, only loyal subjects of God's Kingdom obey the law out of Zion referred to in Isaiah 2:2-4 and thus learn war no more. We don't have to wait to enjoy the miraculous fulfillment of this prophecy!

The entire New Testament is about one kingdom. One kingdom of God. Christ died for only one church. He died to establish only one kingdom.

I'm quite familiar with Daniel. One kingdom.

Matthew 24. Quite a chapter
When it all comes crashing down as Christ predicted who will the political Christians on this forum blame it on, the dems or the gop

www.jw.org

OK, for starters:

The entire New Testament is about one kingdom. One kingdom of God. Christ died for only one church. He died to establish only one kingdom.

Two kingdoms of God, not one. Symbolized by the two mountains of Daniel chapter 2:

Daniel 2: 44,45
“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom+ that will never be destroyed.+ And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people.+ It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms,+ and it alone will stand forever,+ 45 just as you saw that out of the mountain a stone was cut not by hands, and that it crushed the iron, the copper, the clay, the silver, and the gold.+ The Grand God has made known to the king what will happen in the future.+ The dream is true, and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

So this new kingdom is cut out of God's already existing universal kingdom and it is the stone that destroys all current human governments at Armageddon. Earlier, it is revealed that this stone also became a large mountain:

Daniel 2:35
At that time the iron, the clay, the copper, the silver, and the gold were, all together, crushed and became like the chaff from the summer threshing floor, and the wind carried them away so that not a trace of them could be found. But the stone that struck the image became a large mountain, and it filled the whole earth.

These two kingdoms are identified with two women - God's woman of Genesis 3:15 and the bride of Christ (New Jerusalem) of Revelation chapter 21.

This is also explained by Paul in the prophetic drama of Galatians chapters 3 & 4 where Abraham pictures Jehovah, Isaac pictures Jesus, God's woman, the mother to the bride of Christ, is pictured by Sarah - see the accounts - here is one portion:

Galatians 4:25,26
Now Haʹgar means Siʹnai,+ a mountain in Arabia, and she corresponds with the Jerusalem today, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother.
So, to sum up - the original mountain of Daniel 2:44,45 is the Jerusalem above of Gal.4:26 and is God's woman of Genesis 3:15 - pictured by Sarah.

The stone of Daniel 2:44,45,35 cut out from that mountain that becomes a large mountain is the New Jerusalem of Revelation chapter 21 and is the bride of Christ - the plural seed of Abraham and Sarah (not Hagar which is earthly Jerusalem.).

But you are missing the point! Part of the good news is that we can already choose God's kingdom as our government - specifically the Messianic Kingdom with Jesus Christ as anointed King.

This is why we do not give allegiance to any human government as our government is God's Kingdom.

Note: heavenly Jerusalem (the Zion in Isaiah 2:2-4) of Hebrews 12:22ff. encompasses both kingdoms of God since both the angels (part of the original kingdom of God - God's universal kingdom) and the congregation of the firstborn (the bride of Christ = New Jerusalem & the messianic kingdom) are included - see the account.

www.jw.org

OK, for starters:

Two kingdoms of God, not one. Symbolized by the two mountains of Daniel chapter 2:

“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom+ that will never be destroyed.+ And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people.+ It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms,+ and it alone will stand forever,+ 45 just as you saw that out of the mountain a stone was cut not by hands, and that it crushed the iron, the copper, the clay, the silver, and the gold.+ The Grand God has made known to the king what will happen in the future.+ The dream is true, and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

So this new kingdom is cut out of God's already existing universal kingdom and it is the stone that destroys all current human governments at Armageddon. Earlier, it is revealed that this stone also became a large mountain:

At that time the iron, the clay, the copper, the silver, and the gold were, all together, crushed and became like the chaff from the summer threshing floor, and the wind carried them away so that not a trace of them could be found. But the stone that struck the image became a large mountain, and it filled the whole earth.

These two kingdoms are identified with two women - God's woman of Genesis 3:15 and the bride of Christ (New Jerusalem) of Revelation chapter 21.

This is also explained by Paul in the prophetic drama of Galatians chapters 3 & 4 where Abraham pictures Jehovah, Isaac pictures Jesus, God's woman, the mother to the bride of Christ, is pictured by Sarah - see the accounts - here is one portion:

Now Haʹgar means Siʹnai,+ a mountain in Arabia, and she corresponds with the Jerusalem today, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother.
So, to sum up - the original mountain of Daniel 2:44,45 is the Jerusalem above of Gal.4:26 and is God's woman of Genesis 3:15 - pictured by Sarah.

The stone of Daniel 2:44,45,35 cut out from that mountain that becomes a large mountain is the New Jerusalem of Revelation chapter 21 and is the bride of Christ - the plural seed of Abraham and Sarah (not Hagar which is earthly Jerusalem.).

But you are missing the point! Part of the good news is that we can already choose God's kingdom as our government - specifically the Messianic Kingdom with Jesus Christ as anointed King.

This is why we do not give allegiance to any human government as our government is God's Kingdom.

Note: heavenly Jerusalem (the Zion in Isaiah 2:2-4) of Hebrews 12:22ff. encompasses both kingdoms of God since both the angels (part of the original kingdom of God - God's universal kingdom) and the congregation of the firstborn (the bride of Christ = New Jerusalem & the messianic kingdom) are included - see the account.
From your own Daniel reference: "and it alone will stand forever."

Just curious, though. What was "God's already existing universal kingdom"?

And I pledge allegiance to my "human" government, at least while it still recognizes most of our freedoms.

www.jw.org

OK, for starters:

From your own Daniel reference: "and it alone will stand forever."

Just curious, though. What was "God's already existing universal kingdom"?

And I pledge allegiance to my "human" government, at least while it still recognizes most of our freedoms.

Yes, that is correct - all human governments will be destroyed by God's messianic Kingdom at Armageddon and it alone will stand forever (Daniel 2:35,44,45).

God's already existing universal kingdom, the first mountain of Daniel 2, existed long before the Messiah/Christ came (Daniel 9:24-27) - in fact before earth was created and before humans existed. It was/is God's heavenly organization made up of angels, cherubs, seraphs. These sons of God shouted in applause at the creation of the earth:

Job 38:4,7
4 Where were you when I founded the earth?+
Tell me, if you think you understand.

7 When the morning stars+ joyfully cried out together,
And all the sons of God*+ began shouting in applause?

Daniel 2:44 shows a problem with giving allegiance to a human government: these governments will be destroyed at Armageddon along with any people giving allegiance to those governments:

Revelation 6:15-17
Then the kings of the earth, the high officials, the military commanders, the rich, the strong, every slave, and every free person hid in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains.+ 16 And they keep saying to the mountains and to the rocks: “Fall over us+ and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne+ and from the wrath of the Lamb,+ 17 because the great day of their wrath has come,+ and who is able to stand?”+

Part of the good news of God's kingdom is the unity among God's people who are loyal subjects of God's kingdom and are already enjoying the miraculous fulfillment of Isaiah 2:2-4.

There are no national (or racial) differences among us - we all love one another as well as loving Jehovah and Jesus.

See two greatest commandments in the Bible according to Jesus at Matthew 22:37-40!

Forum List

Back