Make of this what you will

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I despise religion. There is way too many differences in the sects and too may rules, but I do find it interesting that US Christians have a reverence for jews- it's mind boggling - this article points out the discrepancies citing chapter and verse from that text by man, the Bible-

The Devil's Trick: Unmasking the God of Israel

“The finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist,” wrote Charles Baudelaire (Paris Spleen). He was wrong: the devil’s finest trick is to persuade you that he is God.

Do I believe in the existence of the devil? It depends on the definition. I believe that humans are under the influence of the ideas that they have collectively engendered over the ages, for ideas are spiritual forces. And from that standpoint, I regard Yahweh’s impersonation of the Divine Creator as the most devastating deception ever played on the human race, a crime against divinity.

Coincidentally this quote was in my email this morning

We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves- the email credits Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I despise religion. There is way too many differences in the sects and too may rules
Perhaps from the outside looking in. The various religions down through the ages from Vedic Science to Hinduism, down through Taoism, Buddhism, to the most modern religion of Christianity span THOUSANDS of years, many springing up independently, yet despite their differences all share one thing in common: a reverence for a divine Supreme central cause to our cosmic manifestation. The names and methods may differ but the overall theme is basically the same: life is not valueless, morality not relative and the world is part of something greater and higher.

Curious, coincidence, eh?

I despise religion. There is way too many differences in the sects and too may rules, but I do find it interesting that US Christians have a reverence for jews- it's mind boggling - this article points out the discrepancies citing chapter and verse from that text by man, the Bible-

The Devil's Trick: Unmasking the God of Israel

“The finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist,” wrote Charles Baudelaire (Paris Spleen). He was wrong: the devil’s finest trick is to persuade you that he is God.

Do I believe in the existence of the devil? It depends on the definition. I believe that humans are under the influence of the ideas that they have collectively engendered over the ages, for ideas are spiritual forces. And from that standpoint, I regard Yahweh’s impersonation of the Divine Creator as the most devastating deception ever played on the human race, a crime against divinity.

Coincidentally this quote was in my email this morning

We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves- the email credits Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Well I am not impressed with that article there,nothing but bible babble,that article would only impress people who have a passion for the Bible and religion,since I don’t believe in a higher power,i am not impressed.however I Am very pleased that they showed that book there on Israel’s role in the jfk assassination.that was a major reason why he was killed was he was cutting off aide to Israel.nice to see another writer besides Micheal Collins piper to have wrote a book on israels involvement as well :thup: Jfk saw how Israel was penetrating into politics here in America and paid the deadly price trying to stop it. Every president since lbj has all given aide to Israel and that is why all of them have all stayed alive.kennedy was our last real president we had who cared about the people and followed the constitution,he was a patriot.:thup: He paid the deadly price for it unfortuanately.

Dont you find it interesting that piper recently died in a very suspicious accident,hands of the mossad,wonder how much longer that authour will last.
:biggrin: Israel is so much in control over the United States.You go into bookstores and you will find books that talk about the cias involvement in the jfk assassination,but you will not find one single book like that on Israel’s role.hmmm.

George Washington
Farewell Address, Sept 17, 1796

“Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports...In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens...”

The Will of the People: Readings in American Democracy (Chicago: Great Books Foundation, 2001), 38.

• Banned
religion and morality are indispensable supports...
I beg to differ with the religious aspect. I know you worship religion, religiously but that's a personal preference/anecdote.

Moral and religion are not the same thing. One can exist w/o the other- religion is a tool- period.

Morals are guiding principles. Period.

The article points out the fallacy of religion and how Christians have been duped by Jews.
Both are a religious sect and neither display moral values worth dying for, although jews and christians pretend they are morally principled History proves differently.

• Banned
The names and methods may differ but the overall theme is basically the same: life is not valueless, morality not relative and the world is part of something greater and higher.
Except for the lesser thans- Indians, Muslims, Black people, Mexicans, Chinese, Irish, Italians, Japanese- dependent on time frame of course convenient to a cause de jour to better serve a religious sect so as to justify the prejudices practiced consistent with a lack of respect for *others*- sadly, Christians mimic Jews in that regard- maybe that's why Christians vehemently support Israel and it's bullshit propaganda- not to mention the Holacau$t crap-

The names and methods may differ but the overall theme is basically the same: life is not valueless, morality not relative and the world is part of something greater and higher.
Except for the lesser thans- Indians, Muslims, Black people, Mexicans, Chinese, Irish, Italians, Japanese- dependent on time frame of course convenient to a cause de jour to better serve a religious sect so as to justify the prejudices practiced consistent with a lack of respect for *others*- sadly, Christians mimic Jews in that regard- maybe that's why Christians vehemently support Israel and it's bullshit propaganda- not to mention the Holacau$t crap-
That's all totally wrong of course, but then, as someone who only knows religion from the outside studied in text, I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

religion and morality are indispensable supports...
I beg to differ with the religious aspect. I know you worship religion, religiously but that's a personal preference/anecdote.

Moral and religion are not the same thing. One can exist w/o the other- religion is a tool- period.

Morals are guiding principles. Period.

The article points out the fallacy of religion and how Christians have been duped by Jews.
Both are a religious sect and neither display moral values worth dying for, although jews and christians pretend they are morally principled History proves differently.
No. I actually worship the creator. I practice religion. And I don't criticize the beliefs or practices of other adherents to religions not my own. I'm very much in agreement with the founding fathers on that point.

And you aren't differing with me per se, you are differing with the founding fathers of freedom and liberty and agreeing with the founding fathers of communism.

God and religion are not the same thing. Although I frequently see atheists blurring the distinction between the two. As for what religion is or does... religion teaches civility, virtue and morality. As Dr. Paul said, Throughout our nation's history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility. Moral and civil individuals are largely governed by their own sense of right and wrong, and hence have little need for external government. This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people's allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before putting their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation's Christian heritage.

So yes, morals and religion are not the same thing, but they are linked just as George Washing said in his farewell address.

George Washington
Farewell Address, Sept 17, 1796

“…And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion...reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.”

The Will of the People: Readings in American Democracy (Chicago: Great Books Foundation, 2001), 38.

As for what morals are... Morals are effectively standards. For any given thing there exists a standard which is the highest possible standard. This standard exists independent of anything else. It is in effect a universal standard. It exists for a reason. When we deviate from this standard and normalize our deviance from the standard, eventually the reason the standard exists will be discovered. The reason this happens is because error cannot stand. Eventually error will fail and the truth will be discovered. Thus proving that morals cannot be anything we want them to be but are indeed based upon some universal code of common decency that is independent of man.

Forum List

Back