What is Sin?

In that case, the concept of Sin, the Devil, and eternal damnation are churches best tools for controlling their flock.
Only if the Lord allowed it, Satan is just an adversary to man, and faith is the best tool for controlling themself and you
Revelation 1:18 (NKJV) I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

Last edited:
Only if the Lord allowed it, Satan is just a adversary to man, and faith is the best tool for controlling themself
Revelation 1:18 (NKJV) I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

Now you're talking polytheism, and a mythical world filled with fantastic and horrible supernatural creatures.

Now you're talking polytheism, and a mythical world filled with fantastic and horrible supernatural creatures.
now ain't that something, it called mindset believing is seeing
faith is knowing there is something out there that you can't see, but it's right in front of you

The mythical mind

Last edited:
now ain't that something, it called mindset believing is seeing
faith is knowing there is something out there that you can't see, but it's right in front of you

The mythical mind

I want to say "My Karma ran over my Dogma" but now it's a book!

You're another one who alters the Scriptures.

The Scriptures say
Romans 12:1-3 (NKJV) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt with each one a measure of faith.

Matthew 16:23-28 (NKJV) But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."
Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

Isaiah 55:11 (NKJV) My word shall go forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Matthew 24:35-39 (NKJV) Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.
But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Revelation 22:18-20 (NKJV) For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly."
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

In the New Testament Jesus taught,

Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

and again in the Book of Mormon after Jesus was resurrected he taught,

3 Nephi 12:48

48 Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect.

It is the expectation of Jesus and our Father in Heaven that we strive to be perfect even as Jesus or our Heavenly Father is perfect. Many question if it is even possible to be as perfect as Jesus or our Heavenly Father are. One has to ask, would Jesus give us a commandment that we could never achieve?

At any rate, sin is any kind of behavior that would go against this teaching or any of the teachings of Jesus regarding our behavior. God wants us to strive to be like him and if we are not, he would want us to stop the bad behavior and start following after his example. God is willing to forgive our past bad behaviors when we make the effort to change our behavior to be more like his. This process of change is known as repentance. It not only involves changing our behavior but changing our heart's desire to follow after his ways. Jesus gives us a promise that if we will seek to become like him that he will draw nearer unto us.

Doctrine and Covenants 88:63

63 Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

greetings
it must be the hardest question to answer because the answer is within ourselves
Theme Romans

Romans chapters 1 through 9

1. Introduction (1:1-17)
    1. Theme Romans (1:16-17)
  2. The guilty world (1:18-3:20)
    1. The wrath of God revealed (1:18)
    2. The universe is a revelation of the power and deity of God (1:19-20)
    3. The seven stages of Gentile world apostasy (1:21-23)
    4. The result of the Gentile world apostasy (1:24-32)
    5. The Gentile pagan moralizers were no better than other pagans (2:1-16)
    6. The Jew, knowing the law, is condemned by the Law (2:17-29)
    7. The advantage of the Jew works his greater condemnation (3:1-8)
    8. The final verdict: the whole world is guilty before God (3:9-20)
  3. Justification by faith in Christ crucified, the alone remedy for sins (3:21-5:11)
    1. Justification defined (3:21-28)
    2. Justification is a universal remedy (3:29-30)
    3. Justification by faith honors the law (3:31)
    4. Justification by faith illustrated (4:1-4)
    5. Justifying faith defined (4:5-8)
    6. Justification is apart from ordinances (4:9-12)
    7. Justification is apart from the law (4:13-25)
    8. The seven results of justification (5:1-11)
  4. Sanctification: indwelling sin, and the Gospel remedy (5:12-8:13)
    1. Through Adam, sin, and death (5:12-14)
    2. Through Christ, righteousness, and life (5:15-21)
    3. Deliverance from the power of indwelling sin (6:1-8:13)
      1. By union with Christ in death and resurrection (6:1-10)
      2. By counting the old life to be dead, and by yielding the new life to God (6:11-13)
      3. By deliverance from the law through death, and by the Spirit (6:14-7:6)
      4. The believer is not made holy by the law (7:7-14)
      5. The strife of the two natures under the law (7:15-8:1)
      6. The new law of the Spirit delivers, makes righteous (8:2-4)
      7. Conflict of the Spirit with the flesh (8:5-13)
  5. Full result of the Gospel (8:14-39)
    1. The believer a son and heir (8:14-17)
    2. The creation, delivered from suffering and death, kept for the sons of God (8:18-25)
    3. The Spirit an indwelling Intercessor (8:26-27)
    4. The unfailing purpose of God through the Gospel (8:28-34)
    5. The believer secure (8:35-39)
  6. Parenthetic. The Gospel does not set aside the covenants with Israel (9:1-11:36)
    1. The apostolic solicitude for Israel (9:1-3)
    2. The sevenfold privilege of Israel (9:4-5)
    3. The distinction between Jews who are mere natural descendants from Abraham, and Jews who are also of his spiritual seed (9:6-13)
      1. The distinction illustrated (9:8-13)
    4. God's mercy is under his sovereign will (9:14-24)
    5. The prophets foretold the blinding of Israel, and mercy to Gentiles (9:25-33)
    6. The apparent failure of the promises to Israel explained by their unbelief (10:1-21)
    7. But spiritual Israel is finding salvation (11:1-6)
    8. National Israel is judicially blinded (11:7-12)
    9. The Gentiles warned (11:13-25)
    10. Israel is yet to be saved nationally (11:26-36)
  7. Christian life and service (12:1-15:33)
    1. Consecration (12:1-2)
    2. Service (12:3-8)
    3. The Christian and those within (12:9-16)
    4. The Christian and those without (12:17-13:7)
    5. The law of love toward the neighbor (13:8-14)
    6. The law of love concerning doubtful things (14:1-3)
    7. Jewish and Gentile believers are one in salvation (14:4-13)
    8. The apostle speaks of his ministry and coming journey (14:14-15:33)
  8. The outflow of Christian love (16:1-27)

WORDsearch Outlines.
Introduction (1:1-17)

1. Theme Romans (1:16-17)
  2. The guilty world (1:18-3:20)
    1. The wrath of God revealed (1:18)
    2. The universe is a revelation of the power and deity of God (1:19-20)
    3. The seven stages of Gentile world apostasy (1:21-23)
    4. The result of the Gentile world apostasy (1:24-32)
    5. The Gentile pagan moralizers were no better than other pagans (2:1-16)
    6. The Jew, knowing the law, is condemned by the Law (2:17-29)
    7. The advantage of the Jew works his greater condemnation (3:1-8)
    8. The final verdict: the whole world is guilty before God (3:9-20)
  3. Justification by faith in Christ crucified, the alone remedy for sins (3:21-5:11)
    1. Justification defined (3:21-28)
    2. Justification a universal remedy (3:29-30)
    3. Justification by faith honors the law (3:31)
    4. Justification by faith illustrated (4:1-4)
    5. Justifying faith defined (4:5-8)
    6. Justification is apart from ordinances (4:9-12)
    7. Justification is apart from the law (4:13-25)
    8. The seven results of justification (5:1-11)
  4. Sanctification: indwelling sin, and the Gospel remedy (5:12-8:13)
    1. Through Adam, sin, and death (5:12-14)
    2. Through Christ, righteousness, and life (5:15-21)
    3. Deliverance from the power of indwelling sin (6:1-8:13)
      1. By union with Christ in death and resurrection (6:1-10)
      2. By counting the old life to be dead, and by yielding the new life to God (6:11-13)
      3. By deliverance from the law through death, and by the Spirit (6:14-7:6)
      4. The believer is not made holy by the law (7:7-14)
      5. The strife of the two natures under the law (7:15-8:1)
      6. The new law of the Spirit delivers, makes righteous (8:2-4)
      7. Conflict of the Spirit with the flesh (8:5-13)
  5. Full result of the Gospel (8:14-39)
    1. The believer a son and heir (8:14-17)
    2. The creation, delivered from suffering and death, kept for the sons of God (8:18-25)
    3. The Spirit an indwelling Intercessor (8:26-27)
    4. The unfailing purpose of God through the Gospel (8:28-34)
    5. The believer secure (8:35-39)
  6. Parenthetic. The Gospel does not set aside the covenants with Israel (9:1-11:36)
    1. The apostolic solicitude for Israel (9:1-3)
    2. The sevenfold privilege of Israel (9:4-5)
    3. The distinction between Jews who are mere natural descendants from Abraham, and Jews who are also of his spiritual seed (9:6-13)
      1. The distinction illustrated (9:8-13)
    4. God's mercy is under his sovereign will (9:14-24)
    5. The prophets foretold the blinding of Israel, and mercy to Gentiles (9:25-33)
    6. The apparent failure of the promises to Israel explained by their unbelief (10:1-21)
    7. But spiritual Israel is finding salvation (11:1-6)
    8. National Israel is judicially blinded (11:7-12)
    9. The Gentiles warned (11:13-25)
    10. Israel is yet to be saved nationally (11:26-36)
  7. Christian life and service (12:1-15:33)
    1. Consecration (12:1-2)
    2. Service (12:3-8)
    3. The Christian and those within (12:9-16)
    4. The Christian and those without (12:17-13:7)
    5. The law of love toward the neighbor (13:8-14)
    6. The law of love concerning doubtful things (14:1-3)
    7. Jewish and Gentile believers are one in salvation (14:4-13)
    8. The apostle speaks of his ministry and coming journey (14:14-15:33)
  8. The outflow of Christian love (16:1-27)

Do you know what sin does to the mind, body, and soul?
Sin sits dormant in your body
when sin is activated do you know what sin does
Sins feed demons
The wages of sin is death, what are wages?
What activated sin

Where is this sin location?
Sin is a breaking of religious law

Therefore every religion can have different sins.

The better question is does sin really exist?

The better question is does sin really exist?
The best question what is the original meaning of sin. Hebrew, being a language of pictures, describes it as missing the target. If our target is the ideal, then sin is missing the ideal.

The best question what is the original meaning of sin. Hebrew, being a language of pictures, describes it as missing the target. If our target is the ideal, then sin is missing the ideal.
Still a religious definition.

No one thinks that not being perfect is a sin

No one thinks that not being perfect is a sin
Scripture tells people of faith to be perfect as their heavenly Father is perfect. That is our target--to be perfect. We also know sins (missing the target) is forgiven.

Scripture tells people of faith to be perfect as their heavenly Father is perfect. That is our target--to be perfect. We also know sins (missing the target) is forgiven.
Perfection is impossible.

Expecting perfection is just setting people up for failure.

Perfection is impossible.

Expecting perfection is just setting people up for failure.
The etymology for perfect doing something completely, or in other words, whole-heartedly not half-heartedly. Doing things half-heartedly is the recipe for failure--not in doing things whole-heartedly.

The etymology for perfect doing something completely, or in other words, whole-heartedly not half-heartedly. Doing things half-heartedly is the recipe for failure--not in doing things whole-heartedly.
People can do things whole heartedly and still fail.

Idealism is for children and naïve adults.

Forum List

Back