What is ideal of a place to live?

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
I had a sister who married a guy and they loved living in a desert. For years they lived at Barstow, CA and when she died they lived at a border town in AZ close to Nevada.

I have never lived full time in a Desert. I lived in the San Joaquin valley as a child for a few months and later with a girlfriend in a community that was pretty much like desert.

Where is your best place to live?

Someplace without democrats.

I have lived in the desert, mountains, beach, cities, rural. The more places you live the harder it is to decide on that one perfect place. The sky in the Arizona desert is spectacular. The colors at sunset are amazing. They call it painted sky.

The mountains in Jackson Hole are gorgeous. The horses and ranch land slow the pace down to seeing and believing speed.

On the other hand, an afternoon at the beach is be savored. Listening to the waves, watching the sail boats glide by. Or early morning when the dolphins come to play with the surfers. Dolphin and boys would splash one another. A dolphin would get under a board and upend it throwing the rider into the water. Then laugh! There is nothing more infectious than dolphin laughter.

Where is better? Nowhere.

I've been in east TN since July of 1996. This past January on the night before Martin Luther King Day, it started snowing and it didn't quit until the morning after Martin Luther King Day. 8-9 inches is how much my area got which is the most that has come down at one time since I have lived here. If my memory serves me well enough, that was the only snow fall that we got this past winter. What am I getting at? Maybe an area like east TN where you get the best of both worlds is the ideal place because it can get triple digit hot here too at times during the summer. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

On the other hand, an afternoon at the beach is be savored. Listening to the waves, watching the sail boats glide by. Or early morning when the dolphins come to play with the surfers. Dolphin and boys would splash one another. A dolphin would get under a board and upend it throwing the rider into the water. Then laugh! There is nothing more infectious than dolphin laughter.

I agree. I sooo miss having an ocean view and living walking distance from the beach. Hopefully someday again I'll live near the beach. :)

I had a sister who married a guy and they loved living in a desert. For years they lived at Barstow, CA and when she died they lived at a border town in AZ close to Nevada.

I have never lived full time in a Desert. I lived in the San Joaquin valley as a child for a few months and later with a girlfriend in a community that was pretty much like desert.

Where is your best place to live?

After the nuclear war I'd say Brazil or Argentina :p:p:p

I'd love to have a 40 acre wooded lot with like a 2 acre small lake, but I'd be content with a 20 acre wooded lot with a house site and a decent sized pond.

I don't want much. Just woods around me, some privacy, peace and quiet, some kind of body of water or a big creek, and a well built ranch style house about 1600 square feet.

Even if I had millions and millions of dollars that's all I'd want to be perfectly content.

Forum List

Back