What is Going On With Boris & These 25 Resignations??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Wednesday was fighting for his political life as more ministers and aides continued to quit his government and a former top Cabinet minister delivered a blistering critique on Johnson’s leadership. Johnson was trying to move on from the dramatic events on Tuesday, which saw the bombshell resignations of two of his most senior Cabinet ministers — Chancellor Rishi Sunak and Health Secretary Sajid Javid — both of whom have their own power bases in the party and are thought to be future leadership contenders."

FW_RP3TXoAAYD59.jpg

What is going on with Boris' and the Tories?? There have been 25 resignations submitted as of yesterday? WTF? Why? This can't all be because of some guy Boris appointed...Looks like Boris's own party is looking to push him out -- has to be if one of the most senior officials in your admin resigned and then said this about you:

"Sajid Javid, one of the most mild-mannered MPs in Westminster, told Boris Johnson – sitting just a few metres away on the government front bench – “enough is enough” and that the “problem starts at the top”. With ministerial resignations reaching 18 as he spoke, Mr Javid’s statement may be enough to galvanise others into quitting. The ex-Health Secretary told colleagues: “Not doing something is an act.”

All because Boris appointed some guy who turned out to be a sexual predator and went around feeling up young men?? Many people knew that about him already; before all of this....or maybe these folks aren't resigning because they found out, they are resigning because everyone else has found out....hmm....maybe Tommy can explain this to me...

"British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Wednesday was fighting for his political life as more ministers and aides continued to quit his government and a former top Cabinet minister delivered a blistering critique on Johnson’s leadership. Johnson was trying to move on from the dramatic events on Tuesday, which saw the bombshell resignations of two of his most senior Cabinet ministers — Chancellor Rishi Sunak and Health Secretary Sajid Javid — both of whom have their own power bases in the party and are thought to be future leadership contenders."

View attachment 666919

What is going on with Boris' and the Tories?? There have been 25 resignations submitted as of yesterday? WTF? Why? This can't all be because of some guy Boris appointed...Looks like Boris's own party is looking to push him out -- has to be if one of the most senior officials in your admin resigned and then said this about you:

"Sajid Javid, one of the most mild-mannered MPs in Westminster, told Boris Johnson – sitting just a few metres away on the government front bench – “enough is enough” and that the “problem starts at the top”. With ministerial resignations reaching 18 as he spoke, Mr Javid’s statement may be enough to galvanise others into quitting. The ex-Health Secretary told colleagues: “Not doing something is an act.”

All because Boris appointed some guy who turned out to be a sexual predator and went around feeling up young men?? Many people knew that about him already; before all of this....or maybe these folks aren't resigning because they found out, they are resigning because everyone else has found out....hmm....maybe Tommy can explain this to me...
Its not really about the groper.
Jonson tried to defend him initially and stated that it was a shock to him.
This was the govt line oveer the weekend.
Thn he shifted his position to say specific offences.
Then a former civil servant wrote a letter basically explaining that Jonson knew all along and was personally briefed on the groper.
The next day Jonson claimed he had forgotten the briefing and that was the game up.

Basically his ministers dont trust him. They get briefed and go out spouting his lies and he has changed his position before they have finished the interview.

They are sick of looking like twats.
nb up tp 30 now.

Its not really about the groper.
Jonson tried to defend him initially and stated that it was a shock to him.
This was the govt line oveer the weekend.
Thn he shifted his position to say specific offences.
Then a former civil servant wrote a letter basically explaining that Jonson knew all along and was personally briefed on the groper.
The next day Jonson claimed he had forgotten the briefing and that was the game up.

Basically his ministers dont trust him. They get briefed and go out spouting his lies and he has changed his position before they have finished the interview.

They are sick of looking like twats.
nb up tp 30 now.
Thanks...that explains a lot

Onto the mid 40s now. He has just sacked his senior minister, Gove.
Comparisons made with trump as johnson refuses to accept that the game is up.

I think I could shit something that would do a better job than this government.
Perhaps but Boris is too much a narcissist to go gently into that good night. Unless the conservatives can muster enough votes to change the rules to allow for another no confidence vote, you are going to be stuck with him awhile longer.

Perhaps but Boris is too much a narcissist to go gently into that good night. Unless the conservatives can muster enough votes to change the rules to allow for another no confidence vote, you are going to be stuck with him awhile longer.
Partly right. He is hoping to stay on till october. Its a shambles but I am happy with that. He sticks around like banquos ghost and just drags the tories down

Partly right. He is hoping to stay on till october. Its a shambles but I am happy with that. He sticks around like banquos ghost and just drags the tories down

No matter how many times the worm turns, the tories aren't going anywhere. Labour backed the wrong Milaband and every drip of drama since echoes that. At least Davie is making the bigger bucks now so good for him.

Somehow I feel that Boris Johnson's downfall is a harbinger of Trump's arrest and imprisonment.

The world works in strange ways....

Somehow I feel that Boris Johnson's downfall is a harbinger of Trump's arrest and imprisonment.

The world works in strange ways....
Well he is still going to be acting as PM until there is a new leader which will probably be October unless a way can be found to get rid of him before which apparently is unlikely. During this time he can if he chose get up to mischief re Ukraine, over fuel prices, Northern Ireland. and other issues I would guess he will do what he wants but the new PM may have to immediately change things. I hope he does not try and create a situation which demands he stay there.

Forum List

Back