What happens after?

It's gonna be soo nice.

Just me and my 72 virgins..............Oh yea :eusa_angel:

You think that'll be heaven???

Never heard ""hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"?
Times seventy-one!!!

And, as Kipling reported:

When the early Jesuit fathers preached to Hurons and Choctaws,
They prayed to be delivered from the vengeance of the squaws.
'Twas the women, not the warriors, turned those stark enthusiasts pale.
For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.

Beware, Sunni.....beware!

If you believe in a hereafter, what do you do once you get there?

No one goes to Heaven until Judgement day. when you die you know nothing and simply don't exist. After Judgement day 144000 will ascend to Heaven and the rest that are found acceptable will live on a restored Earth.

Starting a new religion? Never heard this sort of thing before! Only 144,000? I guess most of us will be seeing each other on a restored earth!!! :lol:

It's gonna be soo nice.

Times seventy-one!!!

Since it's heaven, I'm assuming they'll know their place. :razz:

Once you get there and you are fitted with the appropriate sized wings, you are issued a harp and assigned to a specific cloud. If you are not musically inclined, you get to grin instead of playing the harp. Some will be pickin' and others will be grinning...

Don't they(BOLD) get tambourines? :D

It's gonna be soo nice.

Times seventy-one!!!

Women.....'know their place'????

Oh,....there's a rocky road ahead of you, Konny-Kid!

And....
Man's timid heart is bursting with the things he must not say,
For the Woman that God gave him isn't his to give away;
But when hunter meets with husbands, each confirms the other's tale—
The female of the species is more deadly than the male.

You too,....beware!

Times seventy-one!!!

And....

You too,....beware!

Call that heaven? That sounds like earth everyday! :eek:

And....

You too,....beware!

Call that heaven? That sounds like earth everyday! :eek:

Seems your mortification has already begun!

Well...there's always the monastery.

Honestly, I've always figured there's something fairly important slated to happen then, given the importance put upon building character and becoming better, stronger people in this life. I don't think God wanted that JUST so we'd be better company while hanging out on a cloud, playing harps.

Honestly, I've always figured there's something fairly important slated to happen then, given the importance put upon building character and becoming better, stronger people in this life. I don't think God wanted that JUST so we'd be better company while hanging out on a cloud, playing harps.
Quite possibly Adam gives us a hint of what awaits us in heaven.

Chronologically, Adam was not separated from God by sin until AFTER Eve was created. So before Eve was created, Adam was in a heavenly state of physical perfection, without sin, in paradise, and one with God.

So how could Adam have been so "alone" it was "not good" BEFORE he was separated from God by sin??????
God saw Adam was lacking a mate and created Eve, but how could Adam have been lacking anything while he was without sin and one with God??????

Gen 2: 18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

The bible says that in heaven we will have no mate, so heaven will be the eternal loneliness of being one with God.

Matthew 22: 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Friends will keep you sane, Love could fill your heart, A lover can warm your bed, But lonely is the soul without a mate.
- David Pratt

There is lore that suggests Adam wasn't alone before Eve. Maybe Adam's desire for a mate sparked interest in a demon, named Lilith? That could be a reason God decided to provide Adam with an earthly mate.
But I think Eve was part of the plan all along. God wanted children, making both Adam and Eve necessary. Adam was in a perfect existence, and one with God, and having access to God, but God didn't live here. Adam needed a companion.
The act of sinning temporarily separated God from Adam, but God addressed the matter immediately, and even though the consequences to Adam and Eve included their eviction from the garden, God didn't forsake them.
I lost my dear sweet Daddy last July. Before he died he reminded me that the next time I see him, he won't be my Dad. I told him I knew, but I would love him for an eternity for being such a wonderful substitute, for my Father in Heaven, while we were here on earth.
Our mothers and fathers and husbands and wives, here on earth, are our brothers and sisters in Heaven.

They are going to spread my ashes on the 50 yard line at Sanford Stadium.
Front row seat every fall.
Lewis Grizzard is just one of many that are already there.

I feel lonely being one of few here who knows the real truth.

You don't. You believe, regardless of evidence -- completely lacking evidence, in fact -- because you are told to believe. That is not knowledge.

Your lies are just that,

No, I believe what I'm saying. That means, even if I'm wrong, it's not a lie.

Knowledge of God cannot be expressed in human language. It is found in the heart, and only in a state of deep humility and self-forgetfulness. Spiritual pride and arrogance shuts out the divine presence. And proxy arrogance, pride in one's spiritual group, is still arrogance.

Dogma is crafted to keep people from knowing God, because awareness of the divine is always radical, revolutionary, and disruptive of authority and order. It turns the world upside down, and religious authorities, like all other kinds, don't like that.

Only heretics can ever know God. Heresy is, to be sure, no guarantee of such awareness. But orthodoxy is a guarantee of its absence.

I feel lonely being one of few here who knows the real truth.

You don't. You believe, regardless of evidence -- completely lacking evidence, in fact -- because you are told to believe. That is not knowledge.

Your lies are just that,

No, I believe what I'm saying. That means, even if I'm wrong, it's not a lie.

Knowledge of God cannot be expressed in human language. It is found in the heart, and only in a state of deep humility and self-forgetfulness. Spiritual pride and arrogance shuts out the divine presence. And proxy arrogance, pride in one's spiritual group, is still arrogance.

Dogma is crafted to keep people from knowing God, because awareness of the divine is always radical, revolutionary, and disruptive of authority and order. It turns the world upside down, and religious authorities, like all other kinds, don't like that.

Only heretics can ever know God. Heresy is, to be sure, no guarantee of such awareness. But orthodoxy is a guarantee of its absence.

Believing what you say may not make it a lie in your eyes, but it can still be an "untruth".
So, I'm sorry, but I have to amicably disagree.
If the knowledge of God can't be expressed in human language, then Christ should have been born mute. He wouldn't have bothered sending his disciples out to start churches. In fact, He says over and over, "Let he who has ear, hear......", and, "my sheep know my voice". One of the things Christ did while He was here was to tell us about our father.
We have a habit of putting God out of reach due to his Deity, when in fact, He puts himself as close as he can get to us, due to his parental love for us. He is a whisper away and yearns to hear us call His name.
Personal Communion with God though, is heart to heart and you're right, pride indicates a fall is near.
Dogma is a fracturing of Christ's Church over disagreements in protocol and/or divisions concerning the interpretation of God's word. Which is why the very thing they're fighting over is a practice that God tells us to avoid. Don't interpret, add to, or take away, from the Word of God.

Last edited:
Hey Folks!

The rapture happened last year, Remember?

The world never missed the 6 that were chosen though.

If you are still here you are kinda screwed.

Forum List

Back