What gun didn't you buy...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...that you regret not buying now that prices have shot up and inventory is slim pickins.

For me it's a Marlin 45-70 Guide Gun.

Could have bought one for less than Five bills...now the cheapest new one I've seen is $800.

I just bought the newly hyper-popular Springfield Hellcat OSP strictly on word-of-mouth reviews. It's a dinky little thing with a red dot sight. Also holds 14 9mm rounds.

Hopefully can get to the range soon to blast away with this tiny gun.

Hellcat-OSP.jpg

A few years back I was thunking about a 50 cal. Decided not to. Still wonder if I made the right decision.
You did....Snipers are going back to .30 cal because the report and the shock wave give away your position...Not to mention that the rounds are stupid expensive.

I was actually thinking it might save lives.

If a group of thugs were coming at me and they saw one of their buddies vanish in a red mist...they would choose to stop advancing on me & live.

A few years back I was thunking about a 50 cal. Decided not to. Still wonder if I made the right decision.
You did....Snipers are going back to .30 cal because the report and the shock wave give away your position...Not to mention that the rounds are stupid expensive.

Snipers never stopped using .30 cal. Now some are switching to 6.5 Creedmore. Most .50 cal are used for anti material work. That and really, really long range sniping where the firing signature is immaterial.

I have one that I use for long range shooting out to 3500 yards.

I was actually thinking it might save lives.

If a group of thugs were coming at me and they saw one of their buddies vanish in a red mist...they would choose to stop advancing on me & live.
If a theoretical mob of thugs were headed in my direction, I'd probably put my theoretical M1-A with a theoretical 30-round mag, with several more at the ready, to use.....There'd be plenty of red mist to go around.

Snipers never stopped using .30 cal. Now some are switching to 6.5 Creedmore. Most .50 cal are used for anti material work. That and really, really long range sniping where the firing signature is immaterial.

I have one that I use for long range shooting out to 3500 yards.
I know they never stopped....Just know -from an Army buddy who knows his shit- that the .50 cal is just too much gun for "normal" (as normal as that gets) sniper work.

Can't even imagine trying to shoot 3500 yards...300 is enough of a challenge hitting a DI target for me.

Forum List

Back