I'm suffering from depression but I can't go back on anti-depressants

Anti-depressants ruined my life, cost me a good job, cost me my marriage. My life only improved when I stopped taking them.

But now, I'm suffering depression.

It's a Catch-22 situation.

Don't ride it out on your own.

Get the help you need.

Please.

If your life or life style is causing the depression, it may take more change than an anti-depressant.

If your depression is severe you may need professional help. Even though that doesn't always work either.

Maybe Oddball is onto something about hypnosis

Care to talk about what you think is causing the depression?

If your life or life style is causing the depression, it may take more change than an anti-depressant.

If your depression is severe you may need professional help. Even though that doesn't always work either.

If what people *think* is causing the depression is in fact the real cause, they wouldn't be depressed...They'd have already fixed it.

If what people *think* is causing the depression is in fact the real cause, they wouldn't be depressed...They'd have already fixed it.

Often times it's situations that we cannot change for whatever reason.
Being old, for example can be depressing....but we can't "fix" it
Example: Living with your In Laws could be depressing lol

I'm lonely. All day long I sit in an office working by myself, then I come home to an empty house.

Often times it's situations that we cannot change for whatever reason.
Being old, for example can be depressing....but we can't "fix" it
Example: Living with your In Laws could be depressing lol
Fretting about being old isn't the cause, but the symptom.....It's the entrained thoughts and beliefs about aging that are the depressing factor.

Living with the in-laws is a situation that can be remedied through action.

Fretting about being old isn't the cause, but the symptom.....It's the entrained thoughts and beliefs about aging that are the depressing factor.
Living with the in-laws is a situation that can be remedied through action.

And it's ok that we disagree on some things.
Maybe you're right.

Yes ...it is part and parcel of being alive....

We must be strong.

AMEN...
Wise words skye...

Its not always easy though...

1601956731506.png

Anti-depressants ruined my life, cost me a good job, cost me my marriage. My life only improved when I stopped taking them.

But now, I'm suffering depression.

It's a Catch-22 situation.
Something you can try is to have your doctor do a full blood workup on you, checking your hormone levels to see if any of them are low or out of balance.

It's amazing what an imbalance can do to your life and perspective however getting them back into balance can make a world of difference, no psychiatric drugs needed.

IMO, the best way to avoid depression is to stop looking for external sources of gratification and find them internally. It is easier said than done, I know, but unleashing an inner passion is the best way to deal with it.

What interests you? Go for that, and apply yourself towards it. At least that works for me.

Oh, and Dogs. A house is NEVER empty with dogs.

There are literally dozens of anti depressant drugs, I can not believe every one causes you to be zombie. I take celexia at max dose and it doesn't do anything via extra symptoms or side effects been taking it since 2004.

Forum List

Back