What gun didn't you buy...

A few years back I was thunking about a 50 cal. Decided not to. Still wonder if I made the right decision.
You did....Snipers are going back to .30 cal because the report and the shock wave give away your position...Not to mention that the rounds are stupid expensive.

I was actually thinking it might save lives.

If a group of thugs were coming at me and they saw one of their buddies vanish in a red mist...they would choose to stop advancing on me & live.

A short anecdote for you. When I was an APC driver in the Army I was also the assistant gunner on the track's mounted M2. So we'd go to the range every so often and fire the .50 on the ground. The thing to remember about the M2 is it weighs about 130 pounds (with the tripod). Right, so if we didn't put sandbags on the tripod legs the recoil from a short burst would nearly flip the entire thing. Even with sandbags the recoil made the whole mass jump off the ground. Firing a .50 BMG rifle from the hip or shoulder, a weapon that weighs a fraction of the M2, would not be a pleasant experience.
Can't even imagine the reports....Like a string of M-80s going off two feet away from your head.

A few years back I was thunking about a 50 cal. Decided not to. Still wonder if I made the right decision.
You did....Snipers are going back to .30 cal because the report and the shock wave give away your position...Not to mention that the rounds are stupid expensive.

Snipers never stopped using .30 cal. Now some are switching to 6.5 Creedmore. Most .50 cal are used for anti material work. That and really, really long range sniping where the firing signature is immaterial.

I have one that I use for long range shooting out to 3500 yards.
I know they never stopped....Just know -from an Army buddy who knows his shit- that the .50 cal is just too much gun for "normal" (as normal as that gets) sniper work.

Can't even imagine trying to shoot 3500 yards...300 is enough of a challenge hitting a DI target for me.

I can connect on a man sized target out to 2800 yards. The longer range we just play at hitting vehicle sized targets. The CEP at that range is about 50 feet.

I was actually thinking it might save lives.

If a group of thugs were coming at me and they saw one of their buddies vanish in a red mist...they would choose to stop advancing on me & live.

A short anecdote for you. When I was an APC driver in the Army I was also the assistant gunner on the track's mounted M2. So we'd go to the range every so often and fire the .50 on the ground. The thing to remember about the M2 is it weighs about 130 pounds (with the tripod). Right, so if we didn't put sandbags on the tripod legs the recoil from a short burst would nearly flip the entire thing. Even with sandbags the recoil made the whole mass jump off the ground. Firing a .50 BMG rifle from the hip or shoulder, a weapon that weighs a fraction of the M2, would not be a pleasant experience.

The muzzle brakes are so good now that there is no felt recoil. In fact mine pulls away from me. But don't be standin 45 degrees either side of me when I send one!

I still think about the one that got away... Circumstances are not the greatest... My son has most of my weapons in Indiana, because Hawaii sucks when it comes to gun laws...

Mark XIX Desert Eagle pistol with a box of Speer 325-grain .50 AE ammunition

1601877883160.png

Firing a .50 BMG rifle from the hip or shoulder, a weapon that weighs a fraction of the M2, would not be a pleasant experience.

Really not bad at all. Shot a "State Arms" many times, last one Hans built. It's just a push not a sharp recoil thanks to very efficient brakes. Be behind it though. It will flatten brush and hay for 50 feet and to the side too.

...that you regret not buying now that prices have shot up and inventory is slim pickins.

For me it's a Marlin 45-70 Guide Gun.

Could have bought one for less than Five bills...now the cheapest new one I've seen is $800.
ruger scout rifle. ruger 357mag 2 in barrel stainless steel revolver. marlin 30.30.lever action

.that you regret not buying now that prices have shot up and inventory is slim pickins
Gun registration is funnelled straight into sex offender registration at the courthouse, and all the street ladies are turning in their boyfriends' guns at the police station, and serving domestic violence restraining orders to revoke their gun rights. Consequently I assume that any male person who legally owns a firearm as permitted by the police chief, and he's not mentally ill, must be gay. Otherwise if there's a lady on the block, she's pressing felony sex charges for firearms under Title IX and meanwhile pulling an unregistered derringer put of her purse for lawful self defense against her rapist, who is going to prison if he lives.

Browning Hi-Power 9mm.

Probably going to go with the Tisas clone, since Browning stopped making them.
Check out the Star Model B.
I have never been a big 9mm guy; nothing wrong with them IMO, just wasn't into them. I'm a .357 man..... grew up with the wheelguns and now I carry the .357 sig Glock.
I have been a lifelong fan of John Moses Browning though, and anything that man invented, is worth having in my collection.

the .50 cal is just too much gun for "normal" (as normal as that gets) sniper work.

Yeah but what if a tank rolls down your street? How do you plan to take it out?
Good luck taking a tank out with anything short of a very specialized RPG.
Do they make any guns that kind of work like those old pirate guns
Blunder guns ??
They fire out big loads but are small weapons
Like a tiny shotgun

the .50 cal is just too much gun for "normal" (as normal as that gets) sniper work.

Blunder guns ??
Like a tiny shotgun
They make black powder pistols that are period correct for the pirates, or if you want something that fires shot, look up a "howdah gun".

Blunder guns ??
Like a tiny shotgun
They make black powder pistols that are period correct for the pirates, or if you want something that fires shot, look up a "howdah gun".
I want Bullets
I wish they had revolvers that fire multiple shots or half sized shot guns ??

If I had an intruder ??and I splattered him in self defense ?? Do the cops just scrap up the body or will they rummage through my apartment as that sets off my ocd

I need a 20 gauge shorty shotgun that is super low maintenance, won’t jam and low recoil

Blunder guns ??
Like a tiny shotgun
I want Bullets
I wish they had revolvers that fire multiple shots or half sized shot guns ??

If I had an intruder ??and I splattered him in self defense ?? Do the cops just scrap up the body or will they rummage through my apartment as that sets off my ocd
They will more than likely take you to jail until they decide whether or not to charge you.

Don't worry too much though.... Bubba probably isn't interested in raping you but he does snore, and his farts are so toxic they can knock birds out of the sky.

Forum List

Back