What Do You Think God Should Have Done With These People?

So why do they say Jesus died for my sins?
He died because of your sins and everyone else's including mine. We like to look at it in a way that let's us off the hook and feel good about ourselves when we should be looking at it in a way that makes us feel ashamed.

He died because of your sins and everyone else's including mine. We like to look at it in a way that let's us off the hook and feel good about ourselves when we should be looking at it in a way that makes us feel ashamed.
Oh, so he died because man sinned? And then sin doesn't change. I get it.

Oh, so he died because man sinned? And then sin doesn't change. I get it.
Right. Everything is choice. At any point in time we are the sum of our choices. You have to choose to die to self to see reality.

Right. Everything is choice. At any point in time we are the sum of our choices. You have to choose to die to self to see reality.
So Jesus died because of my sins, not for my sins. Or because of man's sins, since I wasn't born yet.

So Jesus died because of my sins, not for my sins. Or because of man's sins, since I wasn't born yet.
Correct. Everyone in the past, present and future. You killed Christ so to speak. It's not something we should be proud of.

You are cute when you act dumb.

Throughout history every society has overwhelmingly held the belief that man is more than just matter and that there is a higher power than man. When we look at the data today we see that more and more people are rejecting organized religion but have not abandoned their belief that they are more than just matter or that there is a force which connects or binds us all. From the atheist's vantage point these beliefs exist because of evolutionary forces. But the reality is that even that argument confirms that spirituality offers a functional advantage over materialism. According to natural selection there are two main components; functional advantage and transfer of functional advantage to the next generation. So even natural selection confirms that spirituality is a behavior which leads to success. Otherwise, according to natural selection, it would have been abandoned long ago. As mankind has gained more and more knowledge of his natural surroundings his desire for spirituality has not diminished. In fact, the more materialistic we became the less satisfied we became.

You still don’t know for sure though, do you?

Forum List

Back