What do you think about the United States Postal Service. Do you think it should be privatized?

you havent seen shit...you can tell just by the bullshit you spit out...your the kind of person we used to laugh at who came to work for us....how hard can this job be?....when they had to put up a route and deliver it and be back in 8 and it took them ten with somone going out to help them in the dark....7 out of ten quit the first week...
Lol! Yeah, yeah, yeah… Keep telling yourself how great you are. I guess everyone has their own copium. Most people realize you guys suck as an “organization. And certainly not worth your pay, or retirement at taxpayer expense. You see it doesn’t really matter how awesome YOU think you are. That’s up to the customers, and the ones who pay your salary, and retirement. And by a wide margin most Americans realize you suck. While I’m sure there are some go-getters taking up slack for the lazy, and diversity hires; USPS cannot in any way compete with the likes of UPS, FedEx, or even DHL for that matter. Lined up against an Amazon delivery driver..? Don’t even bother lacing up your shoes.

Lots of work places are faced with challenges. Redeploy work forces, devise new work procedures and getting employees to work both quicker and smarter is the way its done in private enterprise.

Not just whining for more staff
your another who has no idea what you are talking about....work quicker?....try carrying a full route and then have to go carry an hour or maybe 2 from a down route and most of the time you are carrying the extra shit in the dark no matter the weather and you may have no idea what the hour your carrying is like, were the boxes may be,facing dogs in the dark is pretty fucked...especially if they dont know you....

Lol! Yeah, yeah, yeah… Keep telling yourself how great you are. I guess everyone has their own copium. Most people realize you guys suck as an “organization. And certainly not worth your pay, or retirement at taxpayer expense. You see it doesn’t really matter how awesome YOU think you are. That’s up to the customers, and the ones who pay your salary, and retirement. And by a wide margin most Americans realize you suck. While I’m sure there are some go-getters taking up slack for the lazy, and diversity hires; USPS cannot in any way compete with the likes of UPS, FedEx, or even DHL for that matter. Lined up against an Amazon delivery driver..? Don’t even bother lacing up your shoes.
its funny how all three of those services have the PO deliver lots of their parcels for them...like i said...we use to laugh at people like you...the first dog attack you would quit....

not worth the pay?....love to see people like you come down and give it a shot...dont bother lacing up your shoes you wouldnt last....like i said first dog attack and you would quit right there on the spot...

No need to privatise the postal service, allow direct competition for all of it’s services. USPS will die quickly.
it already does that ....and take congress and all the different committees that tell it what can and cant do and you just might be wrong....

Cost has much of a reason also. In the mid 1960's it was a nickel. Today it is 63 cents for a letter and depends on massive numbers of junk mail to keep it that low.

Cost has much of a reason also. In the mid 1960's it was a nickel. Today it is 63 cents for a letter and depends on massive numbers of junk mail to keep it that low.

In the 1980's, people used to get their water bills, sewage bills, gas bills, electric, cable and phone bills all by mail

Postal customers see what the price is, and now all of that is done electronically. Ditto with tax returns, credit card bills, you name it.

The people are rebelling against the high costs and have found alternatives.

direct mail advertising is one of the most effective ways to advertise.....
97% of what USPS delivers to my address goes directly in the trash, with the only attention given, being to see whom has sent it. That goes for most people.

97% of what USPS delivers to my address goes directly in the trash, with the only attention given, being to see whom has sent it. That goes for most people.

So how will you privatizers get around Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 of the United States Constitution (the Postal Clause) without a constitutional amendment? Civics much?

Postal Clause - Wikipedia

Constitutionally it would be no different than privatizing the .mil.

Seems to me about the only thing that could be done would be to farm out more of it to .gov contractors but at the end of the day it's the Postal Service that pays/regulates them.

Thank you for the good point. Some are saying that the USPS should be abolished what do you think they mean by that. Do you think the USPS should make some changes to perhaps get out of debt the it is reportedly in?
I doubt that it can be abolished although they really don't merit rescue, IMHO.

Had they not been so arrogant UPS, FedEx, and the others might never have taken away such a lucrative segment of their business.

I sometimes think they have a room in every post office where they have a treadmill set to a particularly slow speed. If someone is walking too fast at work, they have to train on that treadmill. Think about it, have you ever seen a postal worker walking fast? :D

I doubt that it can be abolished although they really don't merit rescue, IMHO.

Had they not been so arrogant UPS, FedEx, and the others might never have taken away such a lucrative segment of their business.

I sometimes think they have a room in every post office where they have a treadmill set to a particularly slow speed. If someone is walking too fast at work, they have to train on that treadmill. Think about it, have you ever seen a postal worker walking fast? :D
Without a dog chasing them? Never have. Never will...

not just any clerk can work the windows....they deal with money...they are a whole different ballgame then the clerks in back ....
It would just take training some of the workers in the back to work the windows. Security would not be an issue, the workers in the back have daily access to thousands of checks sent by mail. My guess is that their union won't allow someone to work at multiple stations.

FedEx will deliver your letter on the other side of the country for $11. No one is forced to use the commie USPS.

FedEx will deliver your letter on the other side of the country for $11. No one is forced to use the commie USPS.
duh-S.gif

Forum List

Back