What do you think about the United States Postal Service. Do you think it should be privatized?

The managers and supervisors can all work the windows and do any job in the joint. If they don't want to train more people to be able to fill in, they can certainly break off playing solitaire in their offices to help out too.
spoken like someone who has no idea what goes on there....

no they are not....i seen this shit first hand with the UPS and FED X drivers on my route....you just hear about the PO's fuck ups more because they are govt and people bitch more about them because of that, but the other guys fuck up just as much...
Nah. I see it first hand as well, and I’m not seeing what you see. Furthermore, my money funds the post office, and its employees whether I use it, or not. Not so much for UPS, or FedEx.

Executive order 11002 just seals the deal for me. USPS needs to be gone../

spoken like someone who has no idea what goes on there....

I've been in the post office and seen the long lines and the one clerk working the window.

Reminds me of the last time I went into K-Mart, no real quest for quick customer service at all, no respect for the customer's time.

Nah. I see it first hand as well, and I’m not seeing what you see. Furthermore, my money funds the post office, and its employees whether I use it, or not. Not so much for UPS, or FedEx.

Executive order 11002 just seals the deal for me. USPS needs to be gone../
how long have you been delivering mail/packages?...

The USPS needs to get vending machines for stamps in their lobbies again. No need to have anyone wait in line for that. But I think the mail unions just want to inconvenience the customers.

I've been in the post office and seen the long lines and the one clerk working the window.

Reminds me of the last time I went into K-Mart, no real quest for quick customer service at all, no respect for the customer's time.
then bitch to your congress person....the PO is told by others who and what they can do and that includes hiring people...

then bitch to your congress person....the PO is told by others who and what they can do and that includes hiring people...

I don't think the USPS needs more staff. They just need to deploy the staff they have better and instill a sense of urgency and customer service in those already on the payroll.

how long have you been delivering mail/packages?...
Irrelevant. While I understand YOU have a vested interest in the continuation of the USPS. I don’t. I’m just the financier. So any appeal to authority on the matter you thought would help you plead your case, will fall on uncaring ears here.
But FWIW, my brother manages one of the largest UPS distribution hubs in the Southeast US, so I’ve got more than a passing idea. Especially considering I’ve been a customer of both.

The USPS needs to get vending machines for stamps in their lobbies again. No need to have anyone wait in line for that. But I think the mail unions just want to inconvenience the customers.
the unions had nothing to do with those machines...most of it had to do with the cost of maintaining them and vandalism and theft attemps....

I don't think the USPS needs more staff. They just need to deploy the staff they have better and instill a sense of urgency and customer service in those already on the payroll.
the office i worked in had 20 routes with 17 carriers to work them....and they had a hiring freeze on .....

Irrelevant. While I understand YOU have a vested interest in the continuation of the USPS. I don’t. I’m just the financier. So any appeal to authority on the matter you thought would help you plead your case, will fall on uncaring ears here.
But FWIW, my brother manages one of the largest UPS distribution hubs in the Southeast US, so I’ve got more than a passing idea. Especially considering I’ve been a customer of both.
irrelevant my ass...if you are not out there how would you see it first hand as you said?.... you have no idea about the misdeliveries that UPS and Fed-X have....they deliver to vacant houses because they dont know if it is....they have no idea if someone has moved unless they are told...both regular drivers on my route would ask me about those if they were unsure....subs just deliver they are to worried about their times to care....

irrelevant my ass...if you are not out there how would you see it first hand as you said?.... you have no idea about the misdeliveries that UPS and Fed-X have....they deliver to vacant houses because they dont know if it is....they have no idea if someone has moved unless they are told...both regular drivers on my route would ask me about those if they were unsure....subs just deliver they are to worried about their times to care....
I’m not moved…

i dont give a shit if you are moved or not...you said you see what i described above first hand which is bullshit...you havent seen anything...
Yeah, I have seen plenty. Plenty of mistakes from both courier services. And I still don’t give a shit. Know how many times I’ve seen a letter carrier run absent a dog chasing them? None. UPS guys hustle. I don’t care how attached to your Cush government job, and the attached retirement package you have become. I don’t want to pay for it, as I seldom use it. The whole damn thing has become little more than a make-work reparations program focused on virtue signaling, and job placement for minorities. Walk into just about any post office and one has to double take, to make sure they didn’t walk into the DMV by mistake.

yea get congress out of it and let them run it like a business ....
I would be willing to entertain that viewpoint and agree with you

What do you think about the Teamsters union involvement in UPS because I think it’s obviously a great union. I love the site of UPS workers making $30 an hour and I believe Its the average nationwide starting wage. I have a friend in Colorado who explained this to me I looked online it says that the average nationwide hourly rate of a UPS driver is $42 an hour. I think this is a great thing.

I don’t have the exact numbers but I did some quick researching online it looks like the US PS mail carriers are making substantially less money compared to the UPS workers. This is all very interesting because of course UPS is a private company USPS is government ran.

Might just as well go ahead and suck the last few drops out of the American people's hides!
Private company courier services will make it quick when they don't need to compete anymore!

Yeah, I have seen plenty. Plenty of mistakes from both courier services. And I still don’t give a shit. Know how many times I’ve seen a letter carrier run absent a dog chasing them? None. UPS guys hustle. I don’t care how attached to your Cush government job, and the attached retirement package you have become. I don’t want to pay for it, as I seldom use it. The whole damn thing has become little more than a make-work reparations program focused on virtue signaling, and job placement for minorities. Walk into just about any post office and one has to double take, to make sure they didn’t walk into the DMV by mistake.
you havent seen shit...you can tell just by the bullshit you spit out...your the kind of person we used to laugh at who came to work for us....how hard can this job be?....when they had to put up a route and deliver it and be back in 8 and it took them ten with somone going out to help them in the dark....7 out of ten quit the first week...

the office i worked in had 20 routes with 17 carriers to work them....and they had a hiring freeze on .....

Lots of work places are faced with challenges. Redeploy work forces, devise new work procedures and getting employees to work both quicker and smarter is the way its done in private enterprise.

Not just whining for more staff

I would be willing to entertain that viewpoint and agree with you

What do you think about the Teamsters union involvement in UPS because I think it’s obviously a great union. I love the site of UPS workers making $30 an hour and I believe Its the average nationwide starting wage. I have a friend in Colorado who explained this to me I looked online it says that the average nationwide hourly rate of a UPS driver is $42 an hour. I think this is a great thing.

I don’t have the exact numbers but I did some quick researching online it looks like the US PS mail carriers are making substantially less money compared to the UPS workers. This is all very interesting because of course UPS is a private company USPS is government ran.
when i was working they were at 30 an hour....we were at 25....i dont know what fed x was at....

There was a recent podcast on the Valuetainment show and one Of the guests brought up a very interesting point …..he said hey if people want the US Postal Service to be privatized it will be disastrous for people in rural communities who would have to pay huge fees to ship out mail.

This is mostly meant for the American people who think that we should not have any government, like those who think we should not have police forces, no labor rights, no minimum wage …basically anarchists.

Government oversight is necessary in any civilized country otherwise you would have gangs running things, you would have corrupt employers paying $.50 an hour , they would be employing children and sweatshops just like we used to have before things were corrected.

And so imagine if private companies ran our mail services there will probably be a number of them or perhaps eventually a monopoly … you might even have to pay to receive mail not as we do now through taxes literally like every time you get one piece of mail you might have to pay a dollar or something.

So I support the United States Postal Service and its long traditions. It’s right in line with the traditions of America going back so many years. A mailman has always been a pretty good paying job in this country with union benefits. One of the last union jobs in this country. I think most Americans have always respected the mailman whenever they come around during Christmas time they would give them cookies or a gift of some sorts.
Don't stop there, Trump proved running the gov't like a business is more effiecient in getting things done and for the right reasons best interest of the people and nation, so perhaps DC fears some of the gov't can be privatized, is why they despise sucessful outsiders.

Forum List

Back