What Do You Love About America?

I was just thinking about this question due to Valentine's Day coming up and I was thinking about love. Sadly, I don't know how to answer this question anymore. I know that I love my country, but I honestly don't know why. I both honor and respect our veterans and fallen soldiers, but it seems like their sacrifices for defending this country and the constitution are in vain now. 😞

I think Dan Bongino hit it on the head. He said the less than favorable outcome of the last election has to do with things just aren't bad enough yet. But we are well on our way to that and may be there before the 24 election.

We do have a lot of problems in our country, but show me one that doesn't. In spite of everything and the Democrats doing what they can to ruin our nation, we are still a country where a person can be born poor, and with enough hard work, perhaps education, and taking risks, can become wealthy.

It's not just people from the south trying to sneak in. People from over 110 other countries are flying to Mexico for a chance to sneak across our border. Think of that. 110 other countries. How bad must their countries be to do that?

Our so-called poor have smart phones, cable television, internet, big screens, all the amenities like microwave ovens, dishwashers, clothes washers and dryers, and many living in the suburbs. Our middle-class have a wide range of jobs available to them with plenty of overtime. We are probably one of the few countries where being poor is an option instead of an infliction you have no choice of.

When my father got back home from fighting in Korea, he said the first thing he did getting back on American land was kiss the ground. He said Americans have no idea how fortunate they are to be born here until you go to other places to see how they live.

Is there a death of The First Amendment?
It’s becoming a cacophony of crap?

Is there a better explanation than that we are breeding a generation of fragiles, delicates, brittles, and sensitives?

I was just thinking about this question due to Valentine's Day coming up and I was thinking about love. Sadly, I don't know how to answer this question anymore. I know that I love my country, but I honestly don't know why. I both honor and respect our veterans and fallen soldiers, but it seems like their sacrifices for defending this country and the constitution are in vain now. 😞

Most people "love" their country because 1) they've been told to love their country so many times, it's just a natural reaction. 2) because that's where they're from. People feel comfortable in their own environment.

Most people "love" their country because 1) they've been told to love their country so many times, it's just a natural reaction. 2) because that's where they're from. People feel comfortable in their own environment.
People can assimilate and still e individuals. Diversity has separated us into tribes. With venom seething from every pore of many people.

People can assimilate and still e individuals. Diversity has separated us into tribes. With venom seething from every pore of many people.

Yes, but these individuals are not all free thinking individuals. A lot of people are defined by the tribe itself, by how it manipulates them.

If you'd have asked me this 20+ years ago, or maybe even 10, I would have had a long list.

My list is now down to: our founding principles.

That's it.

I like the many different cultures and ideals that exist. Makes everything better.

Faults and all, I still love everything about our country! I've lived overseas several years of my life, and we are still the best place in the world, to live, with opportunity to prosper! At least in my situation....

We strive for a more perfect union. That allows us to admit to failures, and gives us more room to improve by correcting them..... Imho.

Until you live in another country ( esp the 3rd world) you will never appreciate the USA and what we get for free.

Other countries, you pay for EVERYTHING including Europe.

All of these Ex-African slaves living in the USA would kiss David Dukes rear end if they ever had to live in Africa

I lived in the Domincan Republic and recently saw what you pay for sales taxes : 18% for All Sales and if you are paying for a service such as a restaurant : 28% !!!!!!! So if your bill is 10$ it costs 12.80$ AND THEN YOU PAY A TIP !!!!!

Until you live in another country ( esp the 3rd world) you will never appreciate the USA and what we get for free.

Other countries, you pay for EVERYTHING including Europe.

All of these Ex-African slaves living in the USA would kiss David Dukes rear end if they ever had to live in Africa

I lived in the Domincan Republic and recently saw what you pay for sales taxes : 18% for All Sales and if you are paying for a service such as a restaurant : 28% !!!!!!! So if your bill is 10$ it costs 12.80$ AND THEN YOU PAY A TIP !!!!!
Should have eaten out in Haiti.... Ya know, across that well defined line, one side run by animals, DR side run by pro criminals(much better). I used to spend a bit of time at Casa De Campo and hang out with locals in the surrounding areas. Cool people.Reminded me of the folks in the FL keys back in the sixties and seventies

Forum List

Back